Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Batman Arkham games. What do you like and dont like in the games

One thing I dont like doing again is when DC/Rocksteady keep doing Riddler as an annoying fetch quest of finding Riddler question mark trophy items, puzzle buttons and using detective mode to find extra easter egg junk related to stuff that went on in old Batman comics. Why do they keep doing that. Just once a normal beat em up fight would be nice to fight Riddler one on one.

Penguin i actually enjoy dealing with him in Origins and Arkham City. Especially when Penguin pops up again during the Cold Cold Heart DLC story

All-New Member

I played Arkham Knight when it came out and I just recently picked up Return to Arkham. Last night I beat Arkham Asylum. I was really surprised by the darker tone that Asylum has compared to Knight, especially because I believe Knight is rated M and Asylum/City are T. I thought the tone was perfect for the "Asylum" location of the game. In particular, Harley Quinn came off as legitimately crazy and somewhat scary. Like I really believed that she would just murder people for the fun of it. The Scarecrow stuff was awesome too. When you're walking down the hall as a young Bruce Wayne, but your shadow is still that of the Batman. That's gotta be one of my favorite Batman moments period.

The Poison Ivy plot actually made me like Arkham Knight a bit less, since they reused pretty much the exact same plot. Played the first few minutes of Arkham City as well. So far it's been awesome.

I don't like the designs and characterizations of Bane and Killer Croc. The only Arkham game to get those two right was Origins.

BANNED

Favorite Things: Asylum and City are incredibly well designed games, Arguably Mark Hamil's best performance as the Joker, all the costumes you can wear.

Most Hated Things: Origins and Knight are NOT incredibly well designed games (the opposite actually), their insistence of having the Joker be in EVERY game, their f**king s**t portrayal of Anarky, their depiction of Tim Drake, the fact that with DLC they could have included Cass or Steph as playable characters, but like usual, they were ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    I don't like the designs and characterizations of Bane and Killer Croc. The only Arkham game to get those two right was Origins.
    I think that the best designs were in the first game... I remember cobblepot.. The first and second game(good designs), but in his third game(Where is his coat? too simple).... I prefer the previous..

You are right with Bane... I forget Croc design in the next games...

Bane opinion:

BANE.jpg

I hate you... I am the Ultimate Bane of this story.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-23-2017 at 12:11 PM.

I liked that Asylum was so close in canon and atmosphere to the comics. It felt like I was playing the comics come to life.

I didn't like that each subsequent game added more and more unique takes that strayed from comic continuity. Each game I subsequently felt less and less like the comics. By Knight, the series had its own "Arkhamverse" that wasn't the universe with stories that I cared about. It felt more generically "video-gamey."
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

I beat the main story in Arkham Origins days ago. Now recently found all data packs except for the one on the outside deck of Penguins ship.

I still have two or three pages left of the pickney side quest to do but I've had enough of Origins for awhile. Even the Cold cold heart dlc I haven't tried out yet

Sometime in May I'll be playing Arkham City on Normal for the first time.

The Good

The atmosphere and combat, especially in Asylum and city. You actually feel like the goddamned Batman. The Riddler Challenges but only in AA and AC. AK ruined them by making the revolve around the Batmobile. The sidequests. The easter eggs. Nightwing. Gliding. Catwoman. The lions share of the DLC, especially Season of Infamy. The locations. The random goon dialogue. Harley Quinn, Mr. Freeze and the Penguin.

The Bad

I hate that the Joker is always the big bad. Tim Drake (That dude looked older than Bruce) The Arkham Knight reveal. (Not that it was Jason, just how long and dragged out it was. I don't think that surprised anyone who's familiar with the Batverse) The over use of the Batmobile. The Al Ghuls.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The atmosphere, especially in the first game, is so immersive. I love exploring the island. City was great too, but I think the first game is still closest to my heart.

The major con I can think of is the depictions Catwoman, Ivy and Harley. Not characterization wise, but the fanservice was too OTT. Ivy's orgasmic moans during the boss fight were the height of ridiculousness. No Selina, we don't need to see your cleavage or your navel.

And Tim/Barbara. Whatever the Hell that was supposed to be, I want no part of it. Does DC just want Babs to work her way through the Bat-men? Also, Jason just cuz.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I liked that Asylum was so close in canon and atmosphere to the comics. It felt like I was playing the comics come to life.

I didn't like that each subsequent game added more and more unique takes that strayed from comic continuity. Each game I subsequently felt less and less like the comics. By Knight, the series had its own "Arkhamverse" that wasn't the universe with stories that I cared about. It felt more generically "video-gamey."
    Yeah the last game lost the atmosphere pretty hard. The thing that stood out to me for some reason was that the villains didn't seem as colorful. Their designs became blander.

Only thing I don't like are the annoying riddler fetch quests
    Otherwise its the perfect amalgamation of every era and iteration of Batman rolled into one
    I guess I also don't like the edgy design choices
    Making Robin a skinhead cage fighter
    Poison Ivy is essentially just walking fanservice
    Etc

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

The major con I can think of is the depictions Catwoman, Ivy and Harley. Not characterization wise, but the fanservice was too OTT. Ivy's orgasmic moans during the boss fight were the height of ridiculousness. No Selina, we don't need to see your cleavage or your navel.
    Ivy's the only one I'm iffy on, given she's been stuck wearing her prison top as her only article of clothing across every game, which just seems very un-Ivy like.

Selina's impossibly low zipper is just kind of typical at this point .

But when it comes to the Sirens, it's not surprising to see a lack of tastefulness as far as their sexiness or outfits are concerned, though I feel like Harley's outfits were all pretty solid.

And Tim/Barbara. Whatever the Hell that was supposed to be, I want no part of it. Does DC just want Babs to work her way through the Bat-men? Also, Jason just cuz.
    That still baffles me to this day. It's like they couldn't understand that it's Babs/Dick, not Babs/Robin .

BANNED

The Pickney diary stuff in Origins are neat but pretty much a repeat of the Amadeus Arkham spirit stuff from asylum. I never cared for the hard to find Anarky signs either. I don't feel the need to wander around more looking for those stupid Anarky symbols. Riddler, we need an actual fight. No more Riddler challenge puzzles.

Well, in Arkham Knight you fight Riddler ... inside a robot. There's so much things I like in the saga that I will focus just in the things that I don't like. I like the four games btw
    Arkham Asylum: Most of the boss fights weren't very good, especially the final fight against Joker. Joker's plan also is kind of bland once you think about it. Also, Bane...
    Arkham City: The story sometimes is poorly paced, especially towards the end with the revelation of the one that was behind Hugo Strange
    Arkham Origins: Joker again as the bad guy, the glitches and was too similar to City for it's own good
    Arkham Knight: Too much Bat tank, too much play with the AK identity that was pretty obvious and lack of boss fights

I just got Asylum/City, but I enjoy the Asylum game so far, even if I have to do those ridiculous riddler trophies.

I don't like Tim in Arkham Knight, he looks like Eminem.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ivy's the only one I'm iffy on, given she's been stuck wearing her prison top as her only article of clothing across every game, which just seems very un-Ivy like.

Selina's impossibly low zipper is just kind of typical at this point .

But when it comes to the Sirens, it's not surprising to see a lack of tastefulness as far as their sexiness or outfits are concerned, though I feel like Harley's outfits were all pretty solid.
    Ivy wearing the same shirt for three games seemed off to me too. I thought Catwoman's cleavage was pretty tame. In fact, I thought the redesign for her was pretty great.