Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    I mean, both Magneto and Frenzy compared the cloud to the gas chambers so it's not like the writers didn't think there was any parallel.
    The fact a biased character (with reason) expresses a hyperbolic disingenuous parallel, does not make it not a disingenuous parallel, it just proves Godwin's law.

Everyone compares everything to the bloody Nazi's.

Everyone you don't like or does something wrong isn't %$&#ing Hitler; update your repertoire of atrocities.

I admit I'm bitter. No question. That the Inhumans got off free. Camps are bad all around. I'm just not gonna feel sorry when Mutants have got it worse since the dawn of creation.

Let the rank and file Inhumans (the American ones, it seems) suffer and be scared for their lives a while. That should make everything equal between Inhumans and mutants.
    ^Sarcasm. Partially...^
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-24-2017 at 07:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The inhumans aren't Nazis but there are spooky parallels with their beliefs in their races superiority and allowing a gas cloud to commit genocide on another race.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    The fact a biased character (with reason) expresses a hyperbolic disingenuous parallel, does not make it not a disingenuous parallel, it just proves Godwin's law.

Everyone compares everything to the bloody Nazi's.

Everyone you don't like or does something wrong isn't %$&#ing Hitler; update your repertoire of atrocities.
    That has the most emotive punch , name some other good things to compare bad situations to. I don't think saying "This is just like the damned Portugese Empire" is going to be as effective. Or "OMG they behave like WalMart". Those are not effective! Even if more accurate. So just don't take it super literal and realize they are using CERTAIN ASPECTS for the comparison.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Spectacular Member

Marvel wants people to feel sorry for the Inhumans...... LOL. Nice try Marvel.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The inhumans aren't Nazis but there are spooky parallels with their beliefs in their races superiority and allowing a gas cloud to commit genocide on another race.
    The nazi comparisons are annoying because they make the assumption that the inhumans are monsters with no conscious that they don't care about anyone and that could've been true in the past but now not so much... I think they're not monsters at all and they do care about others I think the problem is different writers think the inhumans should be portrayed different ways or should be seen or written or portrayed in a certain way.

Like how soule wrote the inhumans is drastically different from how ewing writes them with ewing he's showing that they actually feel remorse and regret for what they did and with medusa dying and black bolt in prison there's no shortage of consequences.

But nonetheless it'll never be good enough for so many x-men fans since they prefer to hold grudges and can't let go of the past.

Much like scarlet witch for decimation to a vast majority of x-men fans it's never good enough if medusa dies or if black bolt is in prison they want they to suffer for eternity.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 04-24-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    The nazi comparisons are annoying because they make the assumption that the inhumans are monsters with no conscious that they don't care about anyone and that could've been true in the past but now not so much... I think they're not monsters at all and they do care about others I think the problem is different writers think the inhumans should be portrayed different ways or should be seen or written or portrayed in a certain way.

Like how soule wrote the inhumans is drastically different from how ewing writes them with ewing he's showing that they actually feel remorse and regret for what they did and with medusa dying and black bolt in prison there's no shortage of consequences.

But nonetheless it'll never be good enough for so many x-men fans since they prefer to hold grudges and can't let go of the past.

Much like scarlet witch for decimation to a vast majority of x-men fans it's never good enough if medusa dies or if black bolt is in prison they want they to suffer for eternity.
    I liked the inhumans until the terrigen cloud but they were always flawed they always believed themselves superior to humans and mutants. Now some writers handled that better but I was always intrigued by a secret society of superpowered beings with futurist technology and that might create a superiority complex. But with that said allowing a race to die just so future generations could keep the ability to have superpowers was a bridge too far for me and they lost me. Now I'm not blaming Nuhumans who were even like WTF when they learned about the effects of the Cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    That has the most emotive punch , name some other good things to compare bad situations to. I don't think saying "This is just like the damned Portugese Empire" is going to be as effective. Or "OMG they behave like WalMart". Those are not effective! Even if more accurate. So just don't take it super literal and realize they are using CERTAIN ASPECTS for the comparison.
    I do grasp hyperbole, I don't necessarily condone it, especially when the comparison is so superficial... and that half the people here don't seem to grasp that, and no they don't grasp it or the discussion would end with "I was being hyperbolic.", instead of the tedious protracted arguments that always happen.

and it's not effective, it's eye rolling; bring it up and you have lost the argument.

Bull%$@& like this is why legitimate comparisons get dismissed out right.

Lots of horrible and legitimate things you can compare the Inhumans too, just stop using the bloody Nazi's.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 04-24-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    ...so what does this have to do with the x-men?

Initially nothing but for what we know in Secret Warriors Kamala and other Inhumans will ask for help or seek refuge with the X-mens (Emma) and according to the preview some x-men will not react in a friendly way at first.

Personally have nothing against the Nuhumans and I even like Kamala and MG so would like to see the X-men helping them but if it were Medusa and BB it would be a completely different story.

another desperate ploy to garner sympathy for these inhuman

BTW... Where's this preview? Link or pics, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Initially nothing but for what we know in Secret Warriors Kamala and other Inhumans will ask for help or seek refuge with the X-mens (Emma) and according to the preview some x-men will not react in a friendly way at first.
    Oh. That actually sounds interesting.

I think it's Marvel poorly hidden attempt at trying to garner sympathy for the Inhumans imo. Not sure if it will work as they really soured many comic fans both X-men and non X-men fans toward those characters. It's going to take time and more than putting Inhumans in camps to change that imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

So people keep screaming that Hydra aren't Nazis and then they go ahead and have them putting people in camps? Well done Marvel well done.