Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    + no more new Batfamily members for another 10+ years, there is more of them than needed anyway.
    I give it 3 or 4 years TOPS before the next one is introduced.

Ever since Helena Bertinelli, I don't think we've ever gone 5 years without a new member, or a re-introduction of an old one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post

Ever since Helena Bertinelli, I don't think we've ever gone 5 years without a new member, or a re-introduction of an old one.
    Depends how you count it, there were roughly 7 years between Cass and Kate, without the introduction of any important new characater. The only new characters from this time were Orpheus and the reintroduction of Onyx (I wouldn't count them as Batfamily members) and Jasons return as Red Hood (but this was still more than 5 years after Cass).

With how comic books writing works right now, yeah, I bet they will. Still, I can dream, that will give existing characters place to breath in already overcrowded by vigilantes Gotham(for another 10-15 years). Batfamily soon will turn into BatAcademy.

With how comic books writing works right now, yeah, I bet they will. Still, I can dream, that will give existing characters place to breath in already overcrowded by vigilantes Gotham(for another 10-15 years). Batfamily soon will turn into BatAcademy.
    Well, to be fair, most of the members don't operate in Gotham

BANNED

. Batfamily soon will turn into BatAcademy.
    Unconnected to the Batfamily, there already IS a BatAcademy funded by the Chinese government, as seen in New-Superman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Depends how you count it, there were roughly 7 years between Cass and Kate, without the introduction of any important new characater. The only new characters from this time were Orpheus and the reintroduction of Onyx (I wouldn't count them as Batfamily members) and Jasons return as Red Hood (but this was still more than 5 years after Cass).
    Yeah, I was referring to the extended Batfamily. Even then, I only count Onyx, while I consider Orpheus more of an ally.

Unconnected to the Batfamily, there already IS a BatAcademy funded by the Chinese government, as seen in New-Superman
    I guess Bruce feels competitive then lol

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Well, to be fair, most of the members don't operate in Gotham
    Yet they somehow still crowd Gotham. I dunno how they do that lol Probably because, when "needed" they all magically appear in Gotham lol

I guess Bruce feels competitive then lol

Yet they somehow still crowd Gotham. I dunno how they do that lol Probably because, when "needed" they all magically appear in Gotham lol
    Yeah I agree, Gotham is rrrreeealllllyy crowded, and ever since the new 52, City wide destroying or at least halting stuff happens allll the time. It's like Marvel's New York City. But to your point, I think of all the groups, the Birds of Prey are most suited to leave permanently.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I was referring to the extended Batfamily. Even then, I only count Onyx, while I consider Orpheus more of an ally.
    Onyx came back in 2004 so there would be roughly 5 years between her and Cass (even if Onyx is originally and Arrow character).
    But I have to admitt that I forgott Sasha Bordeaux, who appeared first in December 2000.

But I have to agree that they should really slow down with the new characters. If you just take the Robins and Batgirls you have allready enough characters.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Tynion/Snyder-esque plots that involve a new villain inserted into a hero's past popping up for the first time in the present, often reframing the hero's entire history. Nightwing and the Court of Owls, Batwoman and the Colony, Orphan and the Mother, Batman's "First Ally," etc.
    I absolutely agree with this! I think Snyder uses it so much because every single arc is THE BIGGEST STORY I'VE EVER DONE and IT WILL SHAKE BATMAN TO HIS CORE!...if every arc is the biggest ever, then you have to hit the ground running with your new badguy. Introducing new characters and building them into a unique threat takes time.

The best example I can think of off the top of my head is Bane. Back in the 90's, he got a one-shot that gave his origin. Then, he randomly started appearing in the batbooks. Watching, studying. He wanted to break the bat because of the stories he had heard about him. The writers took months to set up that confrontation, even before Bane broke Arkham open. Unfortunately, few writers today seem to have the patience to do this (or perhaps they fear the readers don't have patience enough to read it), so every new character is "a ghost from the past."

I have no doubt that if Bane were invented today, he & Bruce would be connected somehow and that would be Bane's motivation. Instead of breaking the Bat to prove to himself he could do it, he would do it simply for revenge.

As for my own idea, I would like to not see Batman take down JLA members again for at least a decade. That bit during Endgame was just embarassing to read.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I absolutely agree with this! I think Snyder uses it so much because every single arc is THE BIGGEST STORY I'VE EVER DONE and IT WILL SHAKE BATMAN TO HIS CORE!...if every arc is the biggest ever, then you have to hit the ground running with your new badguy. Introducing new characters and building them into a unique threat takes time.

The best example I can think of off the top of my head is Bane. Back in the 90's, he got a one-shot that gave his origin. Then, he randomly started appearing in the batbooks. Watching, studying. He wanted to break the bat because of the stories he had heard about him. The writers took months to set up that confrontation, even before Bane broke Arkham open. Unfortunately, few writers today seem to have the patience to do this (or perhaps they fear the readers don't have patience enough to read it), so every new character is "a ghost from the past."

I have no doubt that if Bane were invented today, he & Bruce would be connected somehow and that would be Bane's motivation. Instead of breaking the Bat to prove to himself he could do it, he would do it simply for revenge.

As for my own idea, I would like to not see Batman take down JLA members again for at least a decade. That bit during Endgame was just embarassing to read.
    The Bane build up was great. I think part of the reason there isn't that kind of stuff anymore is because writers don't know how long they'll be staying anymore, and at least not confident. I doubt Snyder thought he'd write the entire nu52 Batman run and be on the book for more the 4 years.

I don't mind the meta fights, it's part of Batman. BUT when done with heroes, I HATE when there's no caveat. It takes away personal interpretation. In Endgame you had the league Jokerized, so there's a valid argument to be made that could he have done it they weren't? You don't know and you shouldn't. I hate direct hero to hero comparisons and or confrontations. DC does it a bit now, but Marvel does it ALL THE DAMN TIME. Honestly how many times could these punch each other because they disagree before everyone in that freaking company or universe realizes they all have anger/conflict management issues. You disagree with my opinion!? Let's fight and destroy property!!!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Antagonistic relationship between Batman and the GCPD. That never sits quite right with me.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Additionally, no more long-term maiming of recurring characters (e.g. the crippling of Barbara Gordon; the Joker's loss of the skin of his face; Alfred's loss of his hand) that can't be undone without implausible contrivances.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Dick Grayson *not* being a spy.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I don't want to see this ever again:

Attachment 48491
    I think that I understand your reason.... This is stupid..

------ I NEVER WANT TO SEE....INCLUDING REPEATED THINGS ---

-Batgirl of Burnside(first I need that someone change barbara again)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Characters created by Scott Snyder
    Yeah, I had enough with Harper and Duke.

-NO MORE NEW BATFAMILY MEMBERS DURING MANY YEARS, EVEN A DECADE.

-Batman as horrible father

-Duke x Gotham Girl..... PFFF... Create this character only for made her a Duke girlfriend? The powers will dissapear... What is the next one boyfriend for harper?

-Clayface as Villain (but Unfortunately, he will be villain again)

-Red Hood with another team as Outlaws, this is the perfect team for him.. Bizarre should not go back to luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Dick Grayson *not* being a spy.
    This is Canon... Tiger exist..
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-25-2017 at 12:27 PM.