Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    The sad part is the best villain in years is a beloved hero, are Marvel villains really that far gone?
    Zemo's doing great. and Madame Hydra is the reason why all of this is happening anyways. why doesn't she get credit?

Fantastic Member

Marvel is backing itself into a corner. They have taken the everything changes mantra too far, and stretched some of their characters beyond visible recognition.

Doom as Iron Man. Prof. X, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey dead for a significant period of time. The entire line needs a cleansing.

But I at least have enjoyment from the fact that Nick Spencer looked at my Cap's Ethic's Threads and said ... you know what... what if we did make Cap a bad guy. And maybe...just maybe he's been a bad guy all long.

I once thought my greatest achievement was convincing Dan Slott to bring Cardiac back. But my greatest masterpiece is that the total corruption of Cap storyline has come into fruition.

My work is done.

BANNED

Spenny did a great job with #0. Even if you're totally against HydraCap, you'd have to admit it was a cracking start to this event.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's really made me like reading about Cap. I purchased Brubaker and Remender runs just because the current event got me into 'Captain America' mode.
    Loved Remender run on cap made me a fan. Heard Brubaker run is way better but never got a chance to read it.

I like Secret Empire so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Zemo's doing great. and Madame Hydra is the reason why all of this is happening anyways. why doesn't she get credit?
    Zemo is at the moment in Steve's shadow, but with his own interest in the cube as it is will be fun to see it play out. Madame Hydra is a enigma at the moment not really knowing if she is a construct of Kobik or not so I'm not getting too attached just yet to her. But if any one were to get credit to why this was all happening wouldn't it be an unknowing Red Skull or an over reaching Director Hill?
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 04-25-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

The sad part is the best villain in years is a beloved hero, are Marvel villains really that far gone?
    Who needs villains when you have heroes, right?

I love Spencer's run of Captain America with both Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson.

Oh NOW people like it. Back when Hydra Cap started I was called a Nazi for enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Oh NOW people like it. Back when Hydra Cap started I was called a Nazi for enjoying it.
    You are still a Nazi for enjoying it but others were indoctrinated so its all good now.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Mighty Member

It's an amazing story, but not at the right time. Two years later it would have been a tremendous success.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

You are still a Nazi for enjoying it but others were indoctrinated so its all good now.
    I was going to say that but you beat me to it.

I believe Cap's hydra is more some weird death cult. The Nazi hydra are loyal to Red Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Thanks to SE # 0, I went back & started reading all of the Captain America: Steve Rogers issues.

Glad I did, I am really enjoying the story. Spencer is going a great job!

Pretty much the only thing going on at Marvel that is keeping my interest.
    I started doing the same, glad I did as well. I began with Remender's All New Cap, then continued with Spencer's Sam Cap, and the Alpha/Omega issues of Pleasant Hill. Good stuff so far. Now I'm onto the Steve Cap issues.

Zemo is at the moment in Steve's shadow, but with his own interest in the cube as it is will be fun to see it play out. Madame Hydra is a enigma at the moment not really knowing if she is a construct of Kobik or not so I'm not getting too attached just yet to her. But if any one were to get credit to why this was all happening wouldn't it be an unknowing Red Skull or an over reaching Director Hill?
    they were pawns; like Steve. it's not like things have gone according to the Skull's plans. it'd be like giving Professor X credit for masterminding Onslaught.

Astonishing Member

Honestly Secret Empire and Captain Hydra is like when TFS Vegeta sees Super Saiyan Broly, so dumb but so cool.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Honestly Secret Empire and Captain Hydra is like when TFS Vegeta sees Super Saiyan Broly, so dumb but so cool.
    LMAO......You Force me to play this to make context for those not in the know on TFS and Dragon Ball Z Abridged!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!