Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Right now...

1) Flash (gonna give Venditti a chance but I wasn't thrilled with what he did on GL)
    2) Batwoman (it's a different book with Andreyko in charge, but I still like it and will most likely stick with it)
    3) Red Lanterns (Soule has made some choices I wouldn't have, but...the book is vital in a way it wasn't before)
    4) Earth 2 (happy with Taylor, this book is still unpredictable so I will more than likely stay)
    5) Aquaman (digging Parker, as always...he's slowly building a tone and vibe, a bit lighter than Johns' but still a nice sense of danger and history)

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Batman 66
    Earth 2
    Justice League United

Used to be 10 DC books, but with the creative and storyline changes, I've ended up dropping most everything.

Since I'm a 100% iPad reader, my non-DC is all Marvel (All-New Invaders, All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Cyclops, Magneto, Mighty Avengers, Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men) after the Comixology change.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Batman 66
    Earth 2
    Justice League United

Used to be 10 DC books, but with the creative and storyline changes, I've ended up dropping most everything.

Since I'm a 100% iPad reader, my non-DC is all Marvel (All-New Invaders, All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Cyclops, Magneto, Mighty Avengers, Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men) after the Comixology change.
    Argh, I always forget about Batman '66! I am enjoying the nostalgic heck out of it, but I can't help but wonder how long they can draw this out. After they work through all the TV show villains, what more is there?

Quote Originally Posted by SwampyCA View Post
    Ah, yeah, Flippin through Previews.

I stumbled across that once, bought “Beasts of Burden” based on the recommendation and loved it. I then got all the Beasts of Burden I could find.

I need to check out this blog every month. Just added the Fearless Dawn one-shot from this month’s recommendations.
    Yeah I found some gems through there, like the upcoming POP (4-issue mini at Dark Horse) and that Tobin & Ferreyra are doing a story in an issue of Creepy. Those things I wouldn't otice myself! I do try to check through all the small publishers though, recently saw Comix Tribe are doing a horror series (And then Emily was Gone) for example that seems right up my alley. But yeah the sheer volume of products is so overwhelming you will just miss stuff, guaranteed.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Justice League
    Justice League United
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Superman/ Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Right now...

1) Flash (gonna give Venditti a chance but I wasn't thrilled with what he did on GL)
    How are you liking it so far? I read #30 and the Annual #3 and I just couldn't get into. Nothing was too terrible. But just a mix of the dialog, plot, Booth's art, and Wally's race lift (I'm not even a big Wally fanboy...nor racist! But it just didn't sit right w/ me...) just really turned me off on their run. Shame, too, b/c the Flash is one of my favorite DC characters...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Detective Comics
    Batman Eternal
    Batman&_____
    Grayson
    Justice League
    Justice League United
    Aquaman
    Aquaman and The Others
    Green Arrow
    FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics
    Earth 2
    Secret Origins (They get me with one character I want to see every month)
    Trade Waiting
    Wonder Woman
    Might Add
    Multiversity
    Teen Titans
    Action Comics (dropped as soon as Lobdell was announced but I hear good things)
    Worlds' End
    Gotham Academy
    Arkham Manor (probably not)
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

None

Trade Wait:
    Wonder Woman

Superman/Wonder Woman

Aquaman

Flash- will drop after vol. 4, or after vol. 5 which should be a Bucalleto fill-in.

Action Comics- Stopped after vol. 3. Might pick it up again when Pak's volumes start coming out.

Justice League- Dropped after volume 2, because 1) I didn't want to double dip for Throne of Atlantis 2) a skipped volume on the shelf would look silly 3) the book was okay but not as good as it should be

Was looking forward to Justice League United, but I'm cooling on that one. The reviews seem underwhelming to me despite a lineup that looks good on paper.

Here are the titles actually on my pull list at my LCS:

AQUAMAN
    BATGIRL (not sure I'll stick around long with the new creative team but we'll see)
    BATMAN
    BATMAN ETERNAL
    BIRDS OF PREY
    DETECTIVE COMICS (considering dropping due to price and so-so interest in stories)
    EARTH TWO
    GRAYSON
    GREEN LANTERN
    INFINITY MAN & THE FOREVER PEOPLE
    JUSTICE LEAGUE
    JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED (was going to drop but with the LOSH on the way, I'm sticking around)
    JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000
    NEW 52 – FUTURES END
    ROBIN RISES: OMEGA
    SANDMAN OVERTURE
    SUICIDE SQUAD
    SUPERMAN UNCHAINED
    SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN
    WONDER WOMAN
    WORLDS’ FINEST (may be dropping; I've only continued to pick up due to presence of Huntress and Power Girl)

I'm currently going month-to-month (pulling from the shelves myself) for these titles:

FLASH
    SINESTRO
    SUPERMAN

And I'll be trying out:

MULTIVERISITY
    SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    How are you liking it so far? I read #30 and the Annual #3 and I just couldn't get into. Nothing was too terrible. But just a mix of the dialog, plot, Booth's art, and Wally's race lift (I'm not even a big Wally fanboy...nor racist! But it just didn't sit right w/ me...) just really turned me off on their run. Shame, too, b/c the Flash is one of my favorite DC characters...
    Honestly, I've let those issues pile up for a while...figured I'd hit them all at once and decide from there. Given the history, and your review, I'm not optimistic, but I'm open minded.

Green Arrow
    Green Lantern
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Justice League United
    Grayson
    Justice League( As soon as Hal comes back.)
    Batwing()
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Honestly, I've let those issues pile up for a while...figured I'd hit them all at once and decide from there. Given the history, and your review, I'm not optimistic, but I'm open minded.
    fair enough. I'm honestly the same way w/ my back log... >_>
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Currently:
    * Wonder Woman (but not likely to stay on after Azzarello & Chiang finish)
    * Worlds' Finest (not sure how long I'll stay with that after Huntress and Power Girl leave)
    * Detective Comics
    * Batman Eternal

and still deciding on the Batman '66 Meets Green Hornet limited series.

Spectacular Member

Aquaman
    Aquaman & Others
    Batman
    Batman Eternal
    Constantine
    Earth 2
    Earth 2: Worlds End (will buy)
    Futures End
    Grayson
    Green Arrow
    Green Lantern