Page 105 of 118 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1758
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Four? There's only 13 episodes to this season. This was episode 11.
    Dang, that was episode 11? Lost count. My bad.

Hey....Tim, you got 2 episodes to get into costume!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Robin in Teen Titans Go is smarter than Dick in this show. As I said before and others have, that last fight was idiotic. If you wanted to blow Jason up, go with more C4. At last the rando gun kid had the smarts to switch away from the armor. Let's see if Dick bleeds out and then gets tossed in the Lazarus pit. Boy, what a plot device. Have on in your basement today.

Get shot in that show and you are fine, heal and good to go the next day!! I wish Raven would get her powers together and not just spew black goo and scream.

Teen Titans Go Raven is much more useful as is their Starfire.

So, Geoff Johns is executive producer of this (and pretty much every other DC show/movie at minimum a producer). Doesn't he know this show is horrible, pretty much from the beginning? Is he just putting his name on it but not overseeing anything? Errr... he is listed as "Developed by"? Dang. Does he just pretty much have crappy judgement? A lot. I mean, this is the worst of the batch imho, but most DC movies (and shows) are sloppy. I mean, Johns is a producer on Justice League, but not listed on Zach Snyder's Justice League (at least on IMDB). Is he responsible for overseeing the Whedon changes? Anyways... I keep trying to stop watching this, but it's like a train wreck that you can't turn away from. It makes The Inhumans look deserving of the highest praise in the land.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadFace View Post
    So, Geoff Johns is executive producer of this (and pretty much every other DC show/movie at minimum a producer). Doesn't he know this show is horrible, pretty much from the beginning? Is he just putting his name on it but not overseeing anything? Errr... he is listed as "Developed by"? Dang. Does he just pretty much have crappy judgement? A lot. I mean, this is the worst of the batch imho, but most DC movies (and shows) are sloppy. I mean, Johns is a producer on Justice League, but not listed on Zach Snyder's Justice League (at least on IMDB). Is he responsible for overseeing the Whedon changes? Anyways... I keep trying to stop watching this, but it's like a train wreck that you can't turn away from. It makes The Inhumans look deserving of the highest praise in the land.
    I don't know how far up the chain this go (I think Greg Berlanti is tangentially credit with this show as well), but I think Akiva Goldsman is more involved than either of those two with the current show.

Astonishing Member

Ridiculous question - it's a show - how did Dick know that blowing kryptonite dust into Conner's face wouldn't just kill him. If he breathed it into his lungs, that is a very bad thing. How do you get it out? If I were Superboy, I would superspeed Dick to the North Pole and tell him to walk home.

I hate spinning kick fights - just take a step back and avoid the kick.

What is with folks just have spew for their powers? Raven spews black goo, Cory spews blue out of nowhere to say the day. If I had Lazarus pit, I would bottle the waters and sell it in Whole Foods.

Is Dick bleeding out? Wonder if he is getting stomped in the head - that's the way stompings go. Probably wouldn't hurt him.

Astonishing Member

This show is a fun bad, I love just hate watching it and laughing how bad it is and as someone who hopes to be in entertainment one day I see this show as educational on how not to write a superhero tv show. If nothing else, this show is useful for me in that regard.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Ridiculous question - it's a show - how did Dick know that blowing kryptonite dust into Conner's face wouldn't just kill him. If he breathed it into his lungs, that is a very bad thing. How do you get it out? If I were Superboy, I would superspeed Dick to the North Pole and tell him to walk home.
    One theory that I have is since Dick knows Connor is only half-Kryptonian he then naturally assumes or knows the effects of Kryptonite is less harmful to him than if he were to do that with a full-blooded Kyptonian like Kal-El. The human side of his physiology makes Kryptonite material more survivable. Another theory is that it’s only a small dose of Kryptonite that Dick has administered and it’s generally not enough to kill a Kryptonian, only enough to knock them unconscious. Perhaps Bruce is continuity has had some experience with this, probably having fought a mind-controlled Superman before in the past and used this method to take him down without killing him. Regardless, I had no issue with this.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-08-2021 at 05:28 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

There was no way to know the dosage's effects short or long term if it is inhaled, so I don't buy that.

Also, amazing how someone with superspeed reflexes stands there to get puffed on. It was just a stupid plot device. Forgetting your powers, as we know, is standard in shows.

I kind of don't get how Gar getting shot in his tiger form meant he ran away and didn't just try to regroup with the others. At least he met up with Raven.

Dick? Poor decisions all around, but at least he had a decent plan to take down Jason. I was worried Red Hood was actually going to get the better of Nightwing, but it took stupid Gothamites to rally behind Red Hood and attack Nightwing.

I enjoyed Kori's plot a bit more. So she was first born and announced as the next queen but since she didn't have powers, they had to transfer them from her sister. Makes Blackfire more sympathetic, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Donna Troy's holdup at the Gotham border for another dream sequence training montage? Girl BYE. I like her and the character and the actress but that part was just messy being in this particular episode. I dont think we needed it she was resurrected we will deal with that later lets go.
    So does Donna only have short-range super speed bursts or something? She could've just sped past those border guards without all the fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This might be odd, but I think this might be the one show that would have actually been better with the old standard 22 episode season. Some of these plots would actually have had time to develop more organically, we would have had more time for other non-Batman characters and the emotional developments could have played out in a way that didn't seem so rushed or inconsistent. This show feels like if you were to watch every third episode of a season of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" or something.
    It would be a radically different show, that's for sure. I don't know if it would work if they felt the need to have all the main characters in every (or almost every) episode. They would need smaller villains to fight and defeat, which could help.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    There was no way to know the dosage's effects short or long term if it is inhaled, so I don't buy that.
    To each their own, but I don’t think my explanation is that much a stretch for a show that before was illogical already.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This might be odd, but I think this might be the one show that would have actually been better with the old standard 22 episode season. Some of these plots would actually have had time to develop more organically, we would have had more time for other non-Batman characters and the emotional developments could have played out in a way that didn't seem so rushed or inconsistent. This show feels like if you were to watch every third episode of a season of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" or something.
    I don’t see how a bigger episode count per season would fix the show’s myriad of problems. If anything, If the show did have a 22-episode count I think the show would be even worse as I can easily see these writers dragging their feet and throwing more pointless filler episodes in order to pad things out to meet that episode count. This writing team has a poor sense of pacing already so more episodes can only do nothing but exacerbate the problem. The answer isn’t more episodes per season, the answer is a totally different creative team handling this show as well as a bigger budget. VFX-heavy characters like Beast Boy are really ill-served on being on a show with the amount of budget constraints such ad this; he doesn’t even live up to his nickname as all he can really transform into is a tiger and that’s it. This character shouldn’t have been on this show if that’s all they’re able to transform into.

When I think about it, maybe Titans should’ve have just been a movie instead of a show. I think it’s a shame that DC hadn’t been able to exploit the property to its fullest potential. Once upon a time this was DC’s top selling book even over Batman and Superman and it’s sad that the best thing that’s being done with the property now as far as media adaptions go is a kids cartoon for toddlers(Teen Titans Go).
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-16-2021 at 05:46 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I kind of don't get how Gar getting shot in his tiger form meant he ran away and didn't just try to regroup with the others. At least he met up with Raven.

Dick? Poor decisions all around, but at least he had a decent plan to take down Jason. I was worried Red Hood was actually going to get the better of Nightwing, but it took stupid Gothamites to rally behind Red Hood and attack Nightwing.

I enjoyed Kori's plot a bit more. So she was first born and announced as the next queen but since she didn't have powers, they had to transfer them from her sister. Makes Blackfire more sympathetic, in any case.
    Does Blackfire need to be sympathetic? Because I'm not sure

So does Donna only have short-range super speed bursts or something? She could've just sped past those border guards without all the fuss.
    That's too expensive. We can't possibly have superpowers in a superhero show, can we?

It would be a radically different show, that's for sure. I don't know if it would work if they felt the need to have all the main characters in every (or almost every) episode. They would need smaller villains to fight and defeat, which could help.
    More episodes and better thought out storylines, for sure.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeadFace View Post
    This is the key question I have had for years. How is Johns allowing this crap to be on the air? I've never met him, but doesn't he have some integrity?
    I suppose you can argue that he is just serving as a consultant, but it has made me wonder about this for quite a while.

Astonishing Member

kids cartoon for toddlers(Teen Titans Go).
    That show has a satirical bite beyond that for toddlers.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Words cannot properly express the level of suck this show continues to wallow in....like...my god....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I gave up watching a few episodes back, but if I’m reading this correctly, kori didn’t have her powers from birth, and they took them from black fire to give to her? Did they explain why? It sort of makes black fire easier to understand her resentment, especially if she was “ sent” to bring kori back.