Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    As much as I love the Titans and Dick Grayson. The failure of the dceu justice league has made me highly sceptical of any live action super hero team coming out of DC. I am not at all hyped for this show.
    This show and the DCEU don't really share any DNA (although the presence of Akiva Goldsman is not a good sign).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It looks like the show is going to take whole season to get the Titans established. I hope I'm wrong.
    I don't know that I'd infer that. It might be a good idea to have the Titans come together quickly but have each episode focus on a character's story, rather than trying to tell them all at once. But that's assuming they don't ignore the other characters too much while telling one's story.

Raven being at the end could be a good thing or a bad thing. She should be the catalyst that brings the team together, and be introduced early. On the other hand, her story's reveal should be the climax of the arc and thus it makes sense for her story to be fully revealed at the end.

I can't see this series having the budget to do Trigon, though, so one has to wonder what the point is at all? And including Jason Todd has a lot of unfortunate potential, but they might pull it off if they don't stay too close to source material in this case.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    ...And my interest suddenly took a dip.
    Yeah, I don't like how they make a distinction between superheroes and vigilantes. I'm suddenly getting a "this is going to be all Dark Age of Comics" vibe, especially combined with the news about it featuring heavy language, violence, and blood.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I don't know that I'd infer that. It might be a good idea to have the Titans come together quickly but have each episode focus on a character's story, rather than trying to tell them all at once. But that's assuming they don't ignore the other characters too much while telling one's story.

Raven being at the end could be a good thing or a bad thing. She should be the catalyst that brings the team together, and be introduced early. On the other hand, her story's reveal should be the climax of the arc and thus it makes sense for her story to be fully revealed at the end.

I can't see this series having the budget to do Trigon, though, so one has to wonder what the point is at all? And including Jason Todd has a lot of unfortunate potential, but they might pull it off if they don't stay too close to source material in this case.
    Agreed on the last part. If they don't have the budget to pull of the characters people would WANT to see, why bother? And Jason Todd will be in this? Why? Was he ever in the Titans. No, really, was he? Why bother? I thought this was based on the New Teen Titans run.

I was already largely disinterested in this. Sure, the Robin suit looked great, but then those leaked pictures of Starfire, Beast Boy, and Raven came along. And they were awful. Again, the question of budget. If your budget produces costuming that cosplayers can outdo with ease, then why are you bothering?

What makes it sadder is that Donna Troy is in this. I mean she was a founding member of the original Titans (okay, it was by mistake, but whatever), and yet she's never been in any adaptation of the Teen Titans. The only appearance she's made was that Judas Contract movie, and that was a silent, end of movie cameo shot. In fact, I think the only instance you could count was how she was in DC Universe Online.

Also rather sad that Cyborg had to be cut out of this show. Why did DC have to put him in the Justice League?

Apparently Dick and Raven get involved fairly early on and that kickstarts the plot and the team forming.

The last episode being titled "Raven" likely refers to her coming into her identity in the finale during the final fight with Trigon.
    Seamus Dever is apparently playing Trigon.

He's likely playing his human form, but I'm guessing we'll see his demon form at the end. I've seen TV shows pull off big, CGI, characters before but it will probably depend on what kind of budget this series has.

I think Jason's role is likely going to play a part in Dick's transition from Robin to Nightwing on this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by TricksterFox View Post
    I was already largely disinterested in this. Sure, the Robin suit looked great, but then those leaked pictures of Starfire, Beast Boy, and Raven came along. And they were awful. Again, the question of budget. If your budget produces costuming that cosplayers can outdo with ease, then why are you bothering?
    Those were not shots of the characters in their costumes, and there's apparently a plot-relevant reason why Starfire was dressed the way she was, and it isn't accurate to her main look.
    What makes it sadder is that Donna Troy is in this. I mean she was a founding member of the original Titans (okay, it was by mistake, but whatever), and yet she's never been in any adaptation of the Teen Titans. The only appearance she's made was that Judas Contract movie, and that was a silent, end of movie cameo shot. In fact, I think the only instance you could count was how she was in DC Universe Online.
    She was in the Super Best Friends Forever DC Nation short.

Astonishing Member

...why are they going 'R' rated when most of the audience knows the titans as a kids cartoon?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ...why are they going 'R' rated when most of the audience knows the titans as a kids cartoon?
    Because it worked so well in Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman

BANNED

Gosh... so many people falling over themselves to find reasons to hate a show they haven't even seen a trailer from.

Because it worked so well in Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman
    Those movies weren't rated r.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Gosh... so many people falling over themselves to find reasons to hate a show they haven't even seen a trailer from.
    Well it is the Internet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well it is the Internet.
    I'm starting to hate the internet with the power of a million exploding suns.

Who says they're going r? Where did you get this from?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Apparently Dick and Raven get involved fairly early on and that kickstarts the plot and the team forming.

The last episode being titled "Raven" likely refers to her coming into her identity in the finale during the final fight with Trigon.

Seamus Dever is apparently playing Trigon.

He's likely playing his human form, but I'm guessing we'll see his demon form at the end. I've seen TV shows pull off big, CGI, characters before but it will probably depend on what kind of budget this series has.

I think Jason's role is likely going to play a part in Dick's transition from Robin to Nightwing on this show.

Those were not shots of the characters in their costumes, and there's apparently a plot-relevant reason why Starfire was dressed the way she was, and it isn't accurate to her main look.

She was in the Super Best Friends Forever DC Nation short.
    I really hope you're right about those costumes. I was hoping that myself but, well, DC tends to instill cynicism in me as of late...

And as far as Donna, I remember SBFF (pity it's gone), but that wasn't really an adaptation of the Teen Titans, so I didn't count it.

To be fair, the New Teen Titans comic run was a lot rougher, so there is a basis for that. I'm just worried they'll go all Dark Age of Comics with this thing, which would be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Fair enough, though I'm not getting my hopes up at all. It hurts too much.

Quote Originally Posted by TricksterFox View Post
    I really hope you're right about those costumes. I was hoping that myself but, well, DC tends to instill cynicism in me as of late...

And as far as Donna, I remember SBFF (pity it's gone), but that wasn't really an adaptation of the Teen Titans, so I didn't count it.

To be fair, the New Teen Titans comic run was a lot rougher, so there is a basis for that. I'm just worried they'll go all Dark Age of Comics with this thing, which would be awful.

Fair enough, though I'm not getting my hopes up at all. It hurts too much.
    I'm optamistic but I dont think ima touch that service until YJ S3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm optamistic but I dont think ima touch that service until YJ S3
    Yeah, no. I look forward to the eventual bluray set, but I'm not shelling out for yet another streaming thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Those movies weren't rated r.
    Shhhh ruins the narrative.