Page 97 of 118 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1758

This show needs to get COIE-ed. Keep the cast (except for Bruce, he's awful) but reboot everything else.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Where is Krypto in this show? The only times we ever see him is when the team gets together for a mission.
    I assume its a budget thing with the animal trainers using the dog, so I just imagine he is in Conner's room unless him and Blackfire are knocking boots.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I like the cast - they have some good scenes, but they need a better, well-developed show that doesn't strain credulity to its breaking point every week.

I mostly feel bad for the guy playing Gar. His character is so hampered by the show's lack of budget that he has to strain to be relevant, and most of the time he's sidelined - I mean, in the previous ep he had to carry a scene talking to himself! And let's not forget he had to play out a romance with an underage actress before this - the guy needs a pat on the back or a hug or something.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like the cast - they have some good scenes, but they need a better, well-developed show that doesn't strain credulity to its breaking point every week.

I mostly feel bad for the guy playing Gar. His character is so hampered by the show's lack of budget that he has to strain to be relevant, and most of the time he's sidelined - I mean, in the previous ep he had to carry a scene talking to himself! And let's not forget he had to play out a romance with an underage actress before this - the guy needs a pat on the back or a hug or something.
    It makes me wonder if the actors get these scripts and in private moments with each other are like WTF is this nonsense. A job is a job. This is their career, this is how they put food on their table. I know lots of acting friends who are not on the most ideal projects, but a job is a job is a job.

But as you said, I do like the cast, outside of micro Jason Todd. (I mean I like Curran but he is too short for Red Hood), but they just deserve way better than they are getting from the writers.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

They should just move the Gar character over to Doom Patrol anyway.

That show comes back next week on the 23rd at least.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I assume its a budget thing with the animal trainers using the dog, so I just imagine he is in Conner's room unless him and Blackfire are knocking boots.
    It's weird not seeing him around since he and Connor were inseparable in Season 2.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    It makes me wonder if the actors get these scripts and in private moments with each other are like WTF is this nonsense. A job is a job. This is their career, this is how they put food on their table. I know lots of acting friends who are not on the most ideal projects, but a job is a job is a job.

But as you said, I do like the cast, outside of micro Jason Todd. (I mean I like Curran but he is too short for Red Hood), but they just deserve way better than they are getting from the writers.
    I don't think he's too short. I just think his costume looks a bit too big.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's weird not seeing him around since he and Connor were inseparable in Season 2.
    Too bad. Krypto is often the best part of the show

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Too bad. Krypto is often the best part of the show
    I'm just so glad my dog doesn't have laser beam eyes. There'd be a holes burned in all the windows and hundreds of burned-to-death birds, squirrels, chipmunks, loud neighbors, passing motorists and Amazon delivery people outside my house...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm just so glad my dog doesn't have laser beam eyes. There'd be a holes burned in all the windows and hundreds of burned-to-death birds, squirrels, chipmunks, loud neighbors, passing motorists and Amazon delivery people outside my house...
    Depends on how well he's trained.

Astonishing Member

It’s pretty funny to me that that old 2003 Titans show written primarily for children still has better writing and storytelling than the “adult”version written for teens and adults. Of course, that show isn’t perfect but it still had a far better grasp of how to tell mature and compelling stories than this show (even when it was working with much stricter censorship standards). I don’t want this show to be a nostalgic recreation of that show, but I do think it can take some lessons from the show in terms of how you can tell stories while getting you to care about the characters. It’s still to this day the best adaption of the Titans, even if I know very well this show is more faithful to the original Perez/Wolfman comics.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-18-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

This show just needs to think its plotlines out better, and give all the characters something to do. It can keep its mature rating

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It’s pretty funny to me that that old 2003 Titans show written primarily for children still has better writing and storytelling than the “adult”version written for teens and adults. Of course, that show isn’t perfect but it still had a far better grasp of how to tell mature and compelling stories than this show (even when it was working with much stricter censorship standards). I don’t want this show to be a nostalgic recreation of that show, but I do think it can take some lessons from the show in terms of how you can tell stories while getting you to care about the characters. It’s still to this day the best adaption of the Titans, even if I know very well this show is more faithful to the original Perez/Wolfman comics.
    The 2003 cartoons never stuck the Titans with being in Gotham and fighting a Bat-Villain and criminals for so many episodes.

Like use Brother Blood or something.

Ultimate Member

You mean Titans have their own villains?!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The 2003 cartoons never stuck the Titans with being in Gotham and fighting a Bat-Villain and criminals for so many episodes.

Like use Brother Blood or something.
    2003 show stole the Brotherhood of Evil from the Doom Partol in it's final season.