Page 79 of 118 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1758
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Why are their Titans in my Batman show?

Ultimate Member

Everyone know the Titans are about 3 Robins and Batgirl

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just finished S2 on HBOMax so I'm ready for S3 next month.
    Overall I enjoy the show. It is a big step up in the superheroes on TV from the CW, sans Superman&Lois that show is rocking it correctly.

I did not see anything to indicate Barbara Gordon only has one leg. Clearly they are doing their version of "Death of Robin" which begs the question already asked I see....Lonely Place to Die enter Tim Drake?
    If Tim Drake enters the show it should not be until S4, way too much going on already.

Kory's sister body snatching and showing up it appears.
    Donna's resurrection
    Raven's growing power set

Then there is the likelihood of Connor getting some spotlight in an episode. Afterall, he's essentially a toddler in a 17yr olds body regardless of how much time elapses from S2 close to S3 open.
    Garth has got to address his open skull mind control by Cadmus, right? That weaves through a few episodes as a B/C story or it gets the focus in one episode. That has to be addressed I'd think.
    Roy Harper has been alluded to a few times are they just waiting on the right actor? Surely he shows up in this show eventually.
    Also, if Donna can come back then why not Garth/Aqualad?

Complaining that this is too much of a Gotham show illustrates to me that one doesn't understand Dick is the main Protagonist. So the lead A stories are through him which means by way of Batman.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just finished S2 on HBOMax so I'm ready for S3 next month.
    Overall I enjoy the show. It is a big step up in the superheroes on TV from the CW, sans Superman&Lois that show is rocking it correctly.

I did not see anything to indicate Barbara Gordon only has one leg. Clearly they are doing their version of "Death of Robin" which begs the question already asked I see....Lonely Place to Die enter Tim Drake?
    If Tim Drake enters the show it should not be until S4, way too much going on already.

Kory's sister body snatching and showing up it appears.
    Donna's resurrection
    Raven's growing power set

Then there is the likelihood of Connor getting some spotlight in an episode. Afterall, he's essentially a toddler in a 17yr olds body regardless of how much time elapses from S2 close to S3 open.
    Garth has got to address his open skull mind control by Cadmus, right? That weaves through a few episodes as a B/C story or it gets the focus in one episode. That has to be addressed I'd think.
    Roy Harper has been alluded to a few times are they just waiting on the right actor? Surely he shows up in this show eventually.
    Also, if Donna can come back then why not Garth/Aqualad?

Complaining that this is too much of a Gotham show illustrates to me that one doesn't understand Dick is the main Protagonist. So the lead A stories are through him which means by way of Batman.
    Dick is a protagonist. So are the other Titans. More so than Jason Todd or Tim Drake. Are the other characters just supposed to wait around until they're given a story while Dick puts himself in jail?

This should be a Nightwing show and not Titans. The worst way to write a team is having a central character and having the other team members act as supporting cast. If it's not ensemble then what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This should be a Nightwing show and not Titans. The worst way to write a team is having a central character and having the other team members act as supporting cast. If it's not ensemble then what's the point?
    So basically the Arrowverse.

Mighty Member

But that isn't even where it's coming from. Jason has been a character in the show since the beginning, clearly to build drama for Dick's transition to Nightwing. But you don't pull Jason out of the tool kit, and you certainly don't promote the actor to series regular in s2, unless you've got it in mind to eventually do Death in the Family/Under the Hood at some point. It's Jason's signature story.

So Jason's story, Jason's places. Gotham. And if you're in Gotham anyway, you may as well use the incredibly deep bench of characters there. Barbara's connections to Dick go without saying. Visiting Gotham and not using her would be weird. And like it or not, by choosing to do Under the Hood after you just did the birth of Nightwing you've made the legacy of the Robin identity a part of your show. Ergo, A Lonely Place of Dying and Tim.

Just like S2's adaptation of The Judas Contract with Rose in place of Terra. Of course it focused on Deathstroke and his family.

One season in Gotham isn't going to kill anybody but Jason Todd.

Ultimate Member

Killing him off and reviving him as Red Hood in one season also seems rushed

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Killing him off and reviving him as Red Hood in one season also seems rushed
    I don't remotely disagree. But the writing on this series hasn't been top notch, so who is surprised? They didn't earn Rose's face turn last season either.

I'm more worried about them trying to do Red Hood, Blackfire, and resurrecting Donna without all 3 stories being done dirty. Stick the landing on one and I'll be surprised.

To be frank, I'm expecting a fustercluck.

Edit to add: After all, they somehow managed to rush both Judas Contract and Cadmus last season, and that despite not having enough story to fill out there episode count and necessitating the Dick sends himself to prison plot as a bridge.

Speaking of which, it sure looks like Detective Grayson is still flashing his badge in the trailer, and working alongside the GCPD, despite A) not being on the job for MONTHS as of S2, having wandered away with Rachel and thus probably shouldn't still be employed and B) more importantly being a convicted felon who escaped from a maximum security federal prison. He should be one of the most wanted men in the country, arrest on sight.

I've got $5 says they never mention that again.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 07-24-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I don't remotely disagree. But the writing on this series hasn't been top notch, so who is surprised? They didn't earn Rose's face turn last season either.

I'm more worried about them trying to do Red Hood, Blackfire, and resurrecting Donna without all 3 stories being done dirty. Stick the landing on one and I'll be surprised.

Edit to add: After all, they somehow managed to rush both Judas Contract and Cadmus last season, and that despite not having enough story to fill out there episode count and necessitating the Dick sends himself to prison plot as a bridge.

Speaking of which, it sure looks like Detective Grayson is still flashing his badge in the trailer, and working alongside the GCPD, despite A) not being on the job for MONTHS as of S2, having wandered away with Rachel and thus probably shouldn't still be employed and B) more importantly being a convicted felon who escaped from a maximum security federal prison. He should be one of the most wanted men in the country, arrest on sight.

That does seem inconsistent. But that's ironically consistent with how rushed the writing is. Idk whay they'll do with Blackfire but at least it'll involve Starfire actually doing something

I hope Hawk and Dove don't take up too much time. I'd rather see a rushed Red Hood storyline than those 2

I think there were some wanted posters used to promote the show which implied to me that the Titans would be wanted for Dick's prison breakout or something, but I'm not sure if that's actually where they're going with it.

I'm sure Bruce can get those things slept under the rug.

Ultimate Member

That's really heroic/s

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm sure Bruce can get those things slept under the rug.
    That or some elaborate undercover story where Dick was trying to get intel. Perhaps both. I've seen worse "dismiss it quickly" type of stories....if you've seen Batwoman you know.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's really heroic/s
    Bruce isn't above abusing his power. I'm sure his company's shareholders wonder why so much money gets pumped into R&D when nothing it produces goes to market.