Page 85 of 118 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1758
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Honestly, given the glimpse of him they've shown so far I think he'll likely take it upon himself. Then of course Dick wont be happy about it, etc (because this is the Dick Grayson show...)
    Ugh...so cue the bootleg costume until like the last episode when we see his official Robin suit for all of like 10 minutes.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Honestly, given the glimpse of him they've shown so far I think he'll likely take it upon himself. Then of course Dick wont be happy about it, etc (because this is the Dick Grayson show...)
    Well, a big part of Tim's origin is him kind of forcing himself into the Batfamily .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Ugh...so cue the bootleg costume until like the last episode when we see his official Robin suit for all of like 10 minutes.
    I'm not convinced we're even going to get Tim in the suit.

But if we do, I suspect it will be a riff on his first public appearance as Robin from the comics, only with Dick in place of Bruce. So, basically, Tim works out Dick is Nightwing, that Jason was Robin, and that Bruce was Batman. Maybe even that Jason is Red Hood. Either approaches Dick directly to try and change Dick's approach to the situation or ends up taking up vigilante work on his own to try and protect his neighborhood like his heroes. Either way he winds up in the cave at some point. And then Red Hood very publicly traps/buries Nightwing. And Tim puts on Jason's suit to go out and save him.

But I still feel like they aren't going to put him in the suit. Not yet, anyway. That said, I do believe Tim will be instrumental in eventually talking Jason down, making him remember he's a hero at heart and not the villain that Scarecrow seems to have turned him into. Kind of expecting one of those moments where Tim starts getting through to Jason, and then Dick gives a ridiculous TV speech that somehow finally breaks him and saves the day. We'll see, however. These writers like to surprise me, mostly by rushing things and having characters be extra-special stupid at weird moments (Dick sends himself to prison in S2).

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'm not convinced we're even going to get Tim in the suit.

But if we do, I suspect it will be a riff on his first public appearance as Robin from the comics, only with Dick in place of Bruce. So, basically, Tim works out Dick is Nightwing, that Jason was Robin, and that Bruce was Batman. Maybe even that Jason is Red Hood. Either approaches Dick directly to try and change Dick's approach to the situation or ends up taking up vigilante work on his own to try and protect his neighborhood like his heroes. Either way he winds up in the cave at some point. And then Red Hood very publicly traps/buries Nightwing. And Tim puts on Jason's suit to go out and save him.

But I still feel like they aren't going to put him in the suit. Not yet, anyway. That said, I do believe Tim will be instrumental in eventually talking Jason down, making him remember he's a hero at heart and not the villain that Scarecrow seems to have turned him into. Kind of expecting one of those moments where Tim starts getting through to Jason, and then Dick gives a ridiculous TV speech that somehow finally breaks him and saves the day. We'll see, however. These writers like to surprise me, mostly by rushing things and having characters be extra-special stupid at weird moments (Dick sends himself to prison in S2).
    If Jason gets taken down with a ridiculous CW Style Power of the Pep Talk moment I will riot.

Last edited by KabutoRyder; 08-17-2021 at 03:04 PM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

If Jason gets taken down with a ridiculous CW Style Power of the Pep Talk moment I will riot.
    I will do the same.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I'd be amazed if they make a new Robin suit for Tim to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be amazed if they make a new Robin suit for Tim to use.
    I would only hope they would.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I had to re-familiarize myself with this show before going into season 3, and it's interesting that Dick's nightmare from the season one finale came partially true. Bruce did snap and kill the Joker, but Dick didn't have to rally the police against him, Dick had to take over as Gotham's protector. Also in that nightmare Jim Gordon was dead, but I guess Freeze actually killed him? Harsh. So Barbara as a combination of Oracle and Batman Beyond's Commissioner Gordon. I like her, especially when she told off Bruce.

Seeing Nightwing in action was cool, much better than when he was Robin (maybe because the blue in the costume and the tasers in his sticks actually make the scene easier to see), and I'm glad we're getting more from Conner and his powers. It's Gar I'm wondering about. We see him researching animals, but is he actually going to turn into them?

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    spoilers:
    While I also think that Scarecrow is pulling the strings in regards to Jason, I wonder if Komand'r might have her hand in current events too.

Kory has had her episodes when she thought about Jason, when she opened one of his books, and when she saw him being taken out of the autopsy room. And if Ra's isn't involved, then it's likely aliens have the technology to return people to life.
    end of spoilers
    There has to be more to Jason than what we're shown. He has become too good in too short a time and they need more of a reason than just drugs. Ra's was name dropped and we sorta saw Joker, but it is most likely the actual villain we saw on screen. Hopefully this builds to something because it's hard for me to buy Jason as a believable threat. I half expected naked dripping in gross pool water Hank to have just pounded him.

And all along the way, little things that don't really make sense to me - Gar is some chess expert, Connor and Gar are adept at computers because the plot needs it, Hank just walks into the Batcave, Dick is surprised Jason was reading -- how was Bruce okay with Jason being his apprentice and not doing a lot of reading/reseraching? (I guess this Batman isn't so much about being a genius detective) Batman of all people has the easiest password to the Batcomputer, why did Gar look in that van with the parents, why would Barbara have Dick talk to Crane if she already has an established and effective working relationship with him, etc...? Side quibble, how would Jason be so adept with guns? Not from training with Bruce...
    Gar has always loved video games on this show, even old ones, so maybe that translates into being good with computers. This version of Bruce Wayne seems to be modeled after Frank Miller's All Star Batman in that he cares more about recruiting kids to be Robins more out of their wish to fight crime than aptitude and ability to be trained.

Getting through all three eps now....I know I might be in the minority, but I love Hawk and Dove and could even have gone for a spinoff. Of course I am a huge mark for Alan Ritchson as well. Cannot wait to see him as Jack Reacher for the Amazon series. And I guess he won't have any Titans conflicts going forward.
    I actually have a strong dislike for Alan Ritchson, but at the same time, I agree with you. I think the Hawk and Dove origin episode of season one was the best episode of the season. When it focuses on just Hawk and Dove, the character bits become stronger. I wished we had seen more of him as the older brother to some of the other characters like Gar, and I really hope Raven finds a way to bring him back along with Donna.

I can see things actually coming around full circle (maybe the end of the season?) where Dick does actually let Tim become Robin and trains him - but in a better way. Thus fulfilling Bruce's challenge to be a "better Batman" but also coming to terms with his past enough to take on a protegee, realizing that he can do it his own way and without becoming Bruce.

I can see things actually coming around full circle (maybe the end of the season?) where Dick does actually let Tim become Robin and trains him - but in a better way. Thus fulfilling Bruce's challenge to be a "better Batman" but also coming to terms with his past enough to take on a protegee, realizing that he can do it his own way and without becoming Bruce.
    I like this idea. I am hoping we do get to see more of Tim and maybe just maybe in the costume at the end of the season.

BANNED

The writing in this show is very inconsistent, especially with Bruce which is weird given he doesn't even appear all that much.
    In season 1 we're lead to believe he's a psychopath and that's why Dick left, but then season 2 comes around and they then say that no Bruce was actually a cool guy who helped Dick as best he could and Dick was just projecting his own problems onto him and they go on to them make have Dick constantly imagine Bruce as his moral center, and then has some magic or imaginary version of Bruce rile the female Titans to band together, and had real Bruce preemptively tell his tech team to make a new suit for Dick just to cement that he is actually a good person, then in season 3 they walk on all of that just to say he is psychopath.

Bruce really is a strange case. It makes more sense, that Dick straight up imagined all the good things Bruce did because E4 isn't kinder to him.

spoilers:
    Damn, Dove was gone fast. I'm not really gonna miss her, but I thought she'd stay a little longer.

E4 still feels like a speed run - on Dick's and Crane's side of the story at least. I hope Kory's and Kom's story is going to be more fleshed out.
    end of spoilers

I also think that's a likely outcome.

Mighty Member

All over the place. Episode 4 is a mess. Neither plot gets enough room to breathe properly. And leave it to a Gordon to mess everything up in the end.

spoilers:
    I was pleasantly surprised that the writers had Grayson work out Crane's connection to Jason quickly. And they didn't drag out the reveal, so that was good. The Nightwing v Hood fight was solid, if brief. Loved Jason's attitude, he does snarky really well. But it wasn't the best plan from Dick, and Babs puts both Crane and Hood back in the mix by being the patented Titans dumbass of the week. This character is not being done any favors on thos show.

Blackfire and Starfire comes to a head. But the government somehow captured Blackfire offscreen. Why can't they just do it again? Such a waste. Still, the one real scene between the sisters was solid. Not enough to build the dynamic the show is going for, but solid.

Seems our theme this year is wayward siblings and our responsibility for their bad choices. The writers of this show HATE Batman, and it shows. He's the biggest monster they've yet presented. I hate this take. That said, I'm sure nothing in this episode will come back to haunt everyone, violently.

Conner was the sole bright light, in his one moment at the beginning.
    end of spoilers

This show is super inconsistent, and clearly written by people who think superheroes are the real villains. But their are glimpses of something entertaining here and there. I just never know what to make of it week to week.

Astonishing Member

My problem is that Dick does not seem to have a coherent idea of what he is doing. Won't spoil #4 but it seems that way. It is becoming the Bat Family show with a B plot of Cory. The fights are all PIS. If they were real, Dick, Jason, etc. - all would be dead for real.

spoilers:
    What does killing a wolf have to do with training to fight crime?

And is it just me but do the Titans seem to commit a lot of crimes for people who are ostensibly supposed to be Superheroes? Even by vigilante standards?
    end of spoilers