Page 77 of 118 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1758
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...to revive her?
    So basically it's all for nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    you shut your mouth sir. Get rid of Hawk and Dove? Blasphemy. I mean unless its to their own spinoff series, which with Ritchson doing the Jack Reacher series for Amazon, doesn't seem likely.
    Yes, I definitely mean no more Hawk and Dove ever. They're boring, their relationship drama back-and-forth nonsense annoys me, they don't have any interesting abilities or gadgets, they don't connect to the narrative and they distract from other character I want to see. Hawk is too much of a meathead and dove is just "there".

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I got HBOMax quasi-recently and have now made it to TITANS, after watching some other fare first.

I'm still in S1 and have not bothered to read through the thread. I just finished ep8-Donna Troy so I have 3 more episodes to go.
    Overall it is an entertaining show. I'm not overly tied into TITANS so some deviations don't bother me or I just don't notice them.

Dick Grayson/Robin is the one character I care about. His character has been a big blend of the original 3 Robins.
    Dick backstory with Jason's attitude and Tim's outfit....until ep 6/7 we see Jason Todd as Robin. They therefore made Jason a douche(not wrong) on top of still having his own attitude full of issues. Just weird they also made Dick so attitudinal. Also, Dick would always have access to anything Wayne related. Dick's retinal scan not getting him in the safe house is bunk.

I understand Season 3 comes out mid-August so by then I should've gotten caught up.

Is there still excitement for this show? Must be to get up to S3, right?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I got HBOMax quasi-recently and have now made it to TITANS, after watching some other fare first.

I'm still in S1 and have not bothered to read through the thread. I just finished ep8-Donna Troy so I have 3 more episodes to go.
    Overall it is an entertaining show. I'm not overly tied into TITANS so some deviations don't bother me or I just don't notice them.

Dick Grayson/Robin is the one character I care about. His character has been a big blend of the original 3 Robins.
    Dick backstory with Jason's attitude and Tim's outfit....until ep 6/7 we see Jason Todd as Robin. They therefore made Jason a douche(not wrong) on top of still having his own attitude full of issues. Just weird they also made Dick so attitudinal. Also, Dick would always have access to anything Wayne related. Dick's retinal scan not getting him in the safe house is bunk.

I understand Season 3 comes out mid-August so by then I should've gotten caught up.

Is there still excitement for this show? Must be to get up to S3, right?
    I thought S1 was mediocre, but showed some promise. The first half or 2/3 of S2 looked to be really rolling into something quite good, but then they flush it all down the toilet on one of the dumbest plots and quickest resolutions I've ever seen, and completely waste their villain. Honestly, I'm only planning on watching S3 because they are promising my favorite DC character of all time.

Too many characters, too poor writing. There's the core of something that could be very watchable here, but they just can't quite stick the landing thus far.

Ultimate Member

Too many characters is part of the problem. If they dumped Hawk & Dove, it would be better

However, there's also too much angst and the stories don't get resolved well

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Too many characters is part of the problem. If they dumped Hawk & Dove, it would be better

However, there's also too much angst and the stories don't get resolved well
    Hawk, Dove, Beast Boy and Superboy could all exit and the show would be better for it. I have nothing against the latter two characters, hell Connor is one of my comic book favorites, but the show has nothing for them to do. They exist to service one plot point apiece, and now that they've done so the writers don't know what to do with them.

Honestly they could stick to Dick, Kory, Donna and maybe Raven (not a fan of the actress, but the character is sort of integral to the show so far), or even better Jason and/or Rose and they'd be much better off.

And now they are adding even more characters so do a disservice to. Frustrating. But I suppose we'll see if S3 can right the ship a bit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Hawk, Dove, Beast Boy and Superboy could all exit and the show would be better for it. I have nothing against the latter two characters, hell Connor is one of my comic book favorites, but the show has nothing for them to do. They exist to service one plot point apiece, and now that they've done so the writers don't know what to do with them.

Honestly they could stick to Dick, Kory, Donna and maybe Raven (not a fan of the actress, but the character is sort of integral to the show so far), or even better Jason and/or Rose and they'd be much better off.

And now they are adding even more characters so do a disservice to. Frustrating. But I suppose we'll see if S3 can right the ship a bit.
    I liked BB and Superboy the most last season. Everyone else was either underused or annoying.

But I see what you mean. I'd like them to get a storyline, and drop Hawk & Dove forever.

Ultimate Member

More "family". I guess Vin Diesel wrote this.

Red Hood looks cool but is he really much of a Titans character?

I'm also not huge on Bruce being Dick's pseudo-dad. I like him more as an older brother type figure, although I enjoyed Glen's performance. What exactly is happening to Bruce here anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    More "family". I guess Vin Diesel wrote this.

Red Hood looks cool but is he really much of a Titans character?

I'm also not huge on Bruce being Dick's pseudo-dad. I like him more as an older brother type figure, although I enjoyed Glen's performance. What exactly is happening to Bruce here anyway?
    Arguably the Titans are just as much about "family."

Well, Red Hood appeared in a Titans run to torture Tim Drake and in a tie-in comic to this show.

I see people say this but not once have I ever seen an interpretation of Bruce and Dick's relationship that came off like siblings. I just don't see it. He's always been a father figure to Dick. He's also probably close to going over the edge after Jason "dies."

This show is way too overstuffed, as far as plots go. This season we're going to be dealing with Bruce retiring an Dick taking over, Jason dying, Red Hood origin, Donna's return and whatever's happening with Kori. That's enough content for 2-3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This show is way too overstuffed, as far as plots go. This season we're going to be dealing with Bruce retiring an Dick taking over, Jason dying, Red Hood origin, Donna's return and whatever's happening with Kori. That's enough content for 2-3 seasons.
    My problem is this looks more like a show about Batman and Gotham than it does a show about the Titans.

My problem is this looks more like a show about Batman and Gotham than it does a show about the Titans.
    Yes, that too. I like the Bat-related stuff but trying to do it alongside the team stuff means all the plots get shortchanged/underdeveloped.

Also, this show flows much better as a binge watch, as opposed to a weekly watch.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Yes, that too. I like the Bat-related stuff but trying to do it alongside the team stuff means all the plots get shortchanged/underdeveloped.

Also, this show flows much better as a binge watch, as opposed to a weekly watch.
    Yeah, it's like - Batman, Scarecrow, Joker, Robin, Red Hood, Barbara Gordon, Nightwing...and some other heroes who also happen to be in Gotham.

I do like them incorporating Jason's first appearance as Red Hood where he breaks into a criminal meeting...although I question how long this is after his "death."

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Why do all these shows that can't/won't use Batman always make him a sad sack quitter?

Looks like more superhero-y in costume stuff going on, so that is a plus.

Gonna be a tiny Red Hood. The actor for Jason Todd is not a tall guy.

I have low expectations going in so we shall see what happens when it drops.

And to people who say Hawk n Dove weren't connected to the overall story, like, barely anyone really was until the last couple eps where they needed to slam everyone together. That's on the writers/showrunner, not the characters.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Why do all these shows that can't/won't use Batman always make him a sad sack quitter?

Looks like more superhero-y in costume stuff going on, so that is a plus.

Gonna be a tiny Red Hood. The actor for Jason Todd is not a tall guy.

I have low expectations going in so we shall see what happens when it drops.

And to people who say Hawk n Dove weren't connected to the overall story, like, barely anyone really was until the last couple eps where they needed to slam everyone together. That's on the writers/showrunner, not the characters.
    Red Hood being noticeably shorter than Nightwing makes their fight look kind of weird.