Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1758
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Does anyone find it odd hearing Coriander and Commander spoken so seriously?
    Yeah, I never 'heard' it that way in my head, but with a different inflection so they sounded less like Earth words and more like cory-ann-DAR and ko-man-DAR. I have noticed that Komand'r is called 'Blackfire' more often than not, even by her sister.

On the upside, I can watch an episode of Young Justice: Phantoms every week after this now, to sort of wash the taste out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    True but I was speaking of major incidents. But it's a show - just don't be so stupid as with calling BatUber for Dick.
    I see what you mean about major incidents, but then they should write these characters to be able to take part in major incidents. Superboy has barely done anything while Nightwing 'goes alone' for the thousandth time. Then why am I watching a show about actual superhuman beings?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I never 'heard' it that way in my head, but with a different inflection so they sounded less like Earth words and more like cory-ann-DAR and ko-man-DAR. I have noticed that Komand'r is called 'Blackfire' more often than not, even by her sister.

On the upside, I can watch an episode of Young Justice: Phantoms every week after this now, to sort of wash the taste out.
    I think the pronunciation should be changed from the normal words because otherwise it comes off a little hokey IMO

Mighty Member

Does anyone find it odd hearing Coriander and Commander spoken so seriously?
    nope............not me

I know that the names are Koriand'r and Komand'r from reading the comics

Koriand'r's short name that she was used as Kory
    When she lived as a civilian and was a model, she went by Kory Anders
    Kori was only used for the New52 run
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-20-2021 at 05:41 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    nope............not me

I know that the names are Koriand'r and Kommand'r from reading the comics

Koriand'r's short name that she was used as Kory
    When she lived as a civilian and was a model, she went by Kory Anders
    Kori was only used for the New52 run
    I find their names hokey in the comics too. Like it's supposed to be some kind of clever pun but it's not. Of all the things this show changed up and made 'gritty and serious' for any or no reason, keeping this around seems like an odd and clashing choice

I find their names hokey in the comics too. Like it's supposed to be some kind of clever pun but it's not. Of all the things this show changed up and made 'gritty and serious' for any or no reason, keeping this around seems like an odd and clashing choice
    I mean, I don't think they could really change their real names.

So Jason's not going to be a Titan again, and Tim is ready to be Robin. What will become of Jason? I'm not going to get my hopes up for an awesome moment, but I do want to see Bruce and Tim unite. My favorite scenes these past few episodes are Donna's scenes with Tim.

Does Blackfire need to be sympathetic? Because I'm not sure
    Is Blackfire even a villain? I'm thinking Conner would be better off if he left the Titans and stayed with her.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I gave up watching a few episodes back, but if I’m reading this correctly, kori didn’t have her powers from birth, and they took them from black fire to give to her? Did they explain why? It sort of makes black fire easier to understand her resentment, especially if she was “ sent” to bring kori back.
    Kori was born first and her parents had already declared her next in line to be queen. After Blackfire was born, they had the chance to give powers to the next queen.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- What was the point of Dick's experience in the Pit? (sing it with me: "we all fell in it, the pii-iii-iit") He had to overcome not wanting to beat Jason to death and ... instead punch Crane in the face? Good for you, Dick...
    I guess he had to realize if he continues to beat on Jason, he's acting like the Joker? I'm more curious about that little girl with the balloon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I guess he had to realize if he continues to beat on Jason, he's acting like the Joker? I'm more curious about that little girl with the balloon.
    Yeah, of all the things I did not expect to see was a foreshadowing of his future daughter with Kory (who was called Nightfire, IIRC, as a superhero, although I forget her real name, Kari?).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-20-2021 at 03:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, of all the things I did not expect to see was a foreshadowing of his future daughter with Kory (who was called Nightfire, IIRC, as a superhero, although I forget her real name, Kari?).
    Her name was Mar'i.

Astonishing Member

Is there some story to her name being related to coriander - the herb? Is she a spice girl?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I don't think they could really change their real names.
    Yeah, but they changed so much already, and not necessarily for the better. I wonder why this was a bridge too far for them.

Is Blackfire even a villain? I'm thinking Conner would be better off if he left the Titans and stayed with her.
    Now it looks like Connor is going the wrong direction and Blackfire is somehow totally redeemed

Kori was born first and her parents had already declared her next in line to be queen. After Blackfire was born, they had the chance to give powers to the next queen.
    Didn't Blackfire have powers when she came to Earth? I'm confused now

Is there some story to her name being related to coriander - the herb? Is she a spice girl?
    Why did you remind me of that group?

Incredible Member

Starfire's creator Marv Wolfman stated in an interview that he named her after the herb coriander.

Ultimate Member

Didn't Blackfire have powers when she came to Earth? I'm confused now.
    Weird psychic powers that allowed her to possess the ex-boyfriend/bodyguard dude, and send visions to / track Kory to Earth, but they were inconsistent.

I am cautiously intrigued by seeing Starfire function without her fire for a time. Maybe show off that she's stronger-than normal, or some Tamaranean tech like she originally gave Komand'r. 'Starbolts' in the comics were always delightfully non-lethal, when she wanted, just kind of force bolts like G.I. Joe lasers that never actually killed anyone, but this throwing actual fire stuff, while a visual treat that I like, kind of feels less heroic and more murder-y.

Why did you remind me of that group?
    Kory predates the Spice Girls by 14 years, so she's totally OG Spice.

Yeah, but they changed so much already, and not necessarily for the better. I wonder why this was a bridge too far for them.
    Have they changed any other characters' canon names?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Well we made it here. Finally, the finale of season 3....

Smattering of thoughts:

Good lord with all the 'thank you'-ing...

YouTube-Fu is legit, clearly.

We spent all this time with Crane as the 'big bad' and he gets punched out by a YouTube-Fu white belt.

Yay Bruce is back.

Deuce Ex ARGUS.

So does this mean Donna can web swing on lightning bolts now?

Blackfire who wanted to go home is now like, nah fam I'm good. I know you blew up my ship on purpose, but all good.

The pure comedy of the people coming back to life from the Pit Rain....

All the time used up in this Wayne Manor break in when you could just have Conner or Donna just roll up in there and kick everyone's ass.

That's my issue with this show. Characters do stuff or don't do stuff 'because plot'...

I know the show is in the can when it airs, so they cannot respond to critiques and criticism and fans wants/desires on the fly. I am just hoping the showrunner and writers take it all in and really plan on executing a good season four. Just let them be Titans and not just boring stupid character routinely doing stupid things, because plot.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Well we made it here. Finally, the finale of season 3....

Smattering of thoughts:

Good lord with all the 'thank you'-ing...

YouTube-Fu is legit, clearly.

We spent all this time with Crane as the 'big bad' and he gets punched out by a YouTube-Fu white belt.

Yay Bruce is back.

Deuce Ex ARGUS.

So does this mean Donna can web swing on lightning bolts now?

Blackfire who wanted to go home is now like, nah fam I'm good. I know you blew up my ship on purpose, but all good.

The pure comedy of the people coming back to life from the Pit Rain....

All the time used up in this Wayne Manor break in when you could just have Conner or Donna just roll up in there and kick everyone's ass.

That's my issue with this show. Characters do stuff or don't do stuff 'because plot'...

I know the show is in the can when it airs, so they cannot respond to critiques and criticism and fans wants/desires on the fly. I am just hoping the showrunner and writers take it all in and really plan on executing a good season four. Just let them be Titans and not just boring stupid character routinely doing stupid things, because plot.
    Pit rain? So there's a lot of dead people lying on the street and they've been revived by Lazarus Pit Rainfall?