Page 73 of 118 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1758
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

Is this a good show? Does each season get better?
    No. And no.

Frankly, Titans isn't a bad show. It's a really, really mediocre show. There are brief glimpses of something worth watching, but then it falls back into the same melodrama and tired cliches.

The first season isn't good. It's slow, droll, dark and doesn't actually conclude anything. The second season looked to improve, at least to start. But the writers flush all their progress down the drain in the last handful of episodes. It's better than the first season, but that isn't actually saying much. Watchable? Sure. Enjoyable? Are you a masochist?

And the saddest part is that it actually can be quite good, when they get everything heading in the right direction. The cast is mostly good, and the stand outs are fantastic. But the writing is just too all over the place. The plotting and pacing both leave a lot to be desired, and when you hit the rough patches you hit them HARD.

I may be tempted to check out a third season if I hear truly amazing things, but I'm pretty sure I'm done after the dreadful ending to the second season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    No. And no.

Frankly, Titans isn't a bad show. It's a really, really mediocre show. There are brief glimpses of something worth watching, but then it falls back into the same melodrama and tired cliches.

The first season isn't good. It's slow, droll, dark and doesn't actually conclude anything. The second season looked to improve, at least to start. But the writers flush all their progress down the drain in the last handful of episodes. It's better than the first season, but that isn't actually saying much. Watchable? Sure. Enjoyable? Are you a masochist?

And the saddest part is that it actually can be quite good, when they get everything heading in the right direction. The cast is mostly good, and the stand outs are fantastic. But the writing is just too all over the place. The plotting and pacing both leave a lot to be desired, and when you hit the rough patches you hit them HARD.

I may be tempted to check out a third season if I hear truly amazing things, but I'm pretty sure I'm done after the dreadful ending to the second season.
    Yah I tried the first 3 eps of season 1...

Yikes...

Frustrating, I need a show to watch but nothing is grabbing me....

Yah I tried the first 3 eps of season 1...

Yikes...

Frustrating, I need a show to watch but nothing is grabbing me....
    Tried Stargirl yet? Could be more up your alley.

I'm digging that Starfire costume. I want to see it in action!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They've already shown Bruce. There should be an ep with Bruce, Clark, Diana, Ollie and Arthur where they all meet up with the Titans.
    Clark definitely needs to make some kind of an appearance. I'd feel kind of cheated if Conner only talks to him off screen because of how much build up there's been to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I feel like they don't develop Beast Boy and give him more animal forms specifically because of the CGI costs. And its easier to use the pre made tiger over and over. I started liking his interactions with Conner outside of that, but then they did the whole surgery storyline that was dumb imo.
    Beast Boy suffers the worst, I feel.

Extraordinary Member

My impression of the show is that it was exactly as uneven as you’d think it would be when you combine an attempt to make each character belong to a different genre, and have Geoff Johns’s occasional “edgy” ideas. That part where he clearly feels that angst and tragedy are NECESSARY FOR ALL CHARACTERS! ALL THE TIME!!! gets in the way of what are otherwise some pretty good ideas.

The cast is better than their worst material, and great for the good material, and whenever it remembers it’s a superhero show, it gets a lot better.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Tried Stargirl yet? Could be more up your alley.
    I'm im Canada, not even sure which streaming service has it out here.

It has caught my eye, just not sure where to watch

The CW website has all the episodes for free to stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The CW website has all the episodes for free to stream.
    Free to Americans. Unavailable to Canadians

It's on Netflix.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    My impression of the show is that it was exactly as uneven as you’d think it would be when you combine an attempt to make each character belong to a different genre, and have Geoff Johns’s occasional “edgy” ideas. That part where he clearly feels that angst and tragedy are NECESSARY FOR ALL CHARACTERS! ALL THE TIME!!! gets in the way of what are otherwise some pretty good ideas.

The cast is better than their worst material, and great for the good material, and whenever it remembers it’s a superhero show, it gets a lot better.
    Although there's only really two characters in the cast of Stargirl who are really angsty and tragic, ironically, but I think it's just pulling from the Wolfman/Perez run where at times all the Titans had a lot of baggage and emotional issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    It's on Netflix.
    Titans yes

Stargirl no. Not on that service. Canadian Netflix is different then usa.

Titans yes

Stargirl no. Not on that service. Canadian Netflix is different then usa.
    Oops, I saw the title of the thread and assumed you were talking about Titans.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Mighty Member

‘Titans’ Season 3 Casts Savannah Welch as Barbara Gordon

“Titans” has found its Barbara Gordon.

Variety has learned exclusively that Savannah Welch has been cast in the role of the HBO Max show’s upcoming third season. In Season 3, Gordon is Gotham City Police Commissioner. She used to be Batgirl until she was shot and paralyzed by the Joker, leaving her wheelchair bound. She has a combative relationship with Bruce Wayne. Her life gets more complicated when Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) returns to Gotham, rekindling their old romance and starting a new crime fighting partnership.

Welch is known for her role in the History Channel military drama “Six,” in which she played a Marine who suffered an amputation in combat. Her other onscreen appearances include the critically acclaimed films “Boyhood” and “Tree of Life.” Welch herself is an amputee, losing one of her legs after an accident in 2016. Since then, she has become a spokesperson for the disability community.

The actress is an amputee, so I wonder if they could conceivably film Batgirl flashabcks.

It's kind of funny in a season where Kori's mythos seems to be at the forefront we have Dick and Babs together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The actress is an amputee, so I wonder if they could conceivably film Batgirl flashabcks.

It's kind of funny in a season where Kori's mythos seems to be at the forefront we have Dick and Babs together again.
    They dealed with Trigon in one episode, yet they are spending half a season in Red Hood. I don't think they will dedicated that much time to Starfire, or they would just do it without Dick or the Titans there, like they have been doing with everything that refers to Starfire.

This show is so lame, and it's about to get worse.