Page 96 of 118 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1758
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Barabara only having one leg is very much a bummer. Would love to know the creative reason behind that choice.
    Comes with the actress bro. She was hit by a car in Texas some years back, leg amputated above the knee.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Oh, the actress is like that. Did not know. I don't do deep dives on actor backgrounds in a world where green screen can remove a leg(see Gary Sinese in Forest Gump).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Oh, the actress is like that. Did not know. I don't do deep dives on actor backgrounds in a world where green screen can remove a leg(see Gary Sinese in Forest Gump).
    Right.

I was not aware of it either until I saw a write up on her. Gave me new respect and appreciation and def made me a fan of her.

Extraordinary Member

Just finished ep6. So what's the requirement for being a Gotham city cop? Ya just walk in and they throw a badge at you and say "Go get em kid" these guys are horrible.

Blackfire is fuuunnnyyyy lol. Assuming superboy was a manservant lol. Even tho the way he jumps when Starfire says froggy she might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So- is black fire supposed to be one of the good guys now? And who built oracle? barbara? Isn’t this something Bruce would do?
    I guess Blackfire is cool with everyone idk what even is this show anymore.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

-Blackfire is certainly cool with Connor as Episode 8 shows us.
    -So they just lifted the Scarecrow plot from Batman Begins...um, nice?
    -Was the plan for Barbara to be at her desk when the pipe broke? Was that sabotage and if so how did that happen.
    -They really just pushed Tim Drake out there hardcore on us this episode after disappearing from the narrative for a few episodes.
    -Not sure I totally buy that Jason's head is clear but at the mid way point they have to start his rehab I suppose. Get him more in line with Red Hood begrudging ally like in the comics.
    -The voyeuristic room with Jason confessing was an odd choice. Jason isn't spiritual so I guess a cliche Catholic style confession box would also have been equally odd.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I wish the show had more of a budget so we could see Gar change into something besides just a tiger. Splurge a little and lets see him as a monkey or somethings too.

Its like...I wanna like this show, but the writers/showrunner do not want me to like this show.

More plot induced stupidity from characters. This redemption/atonement angle we are barreling towards it just stupid. Gar's argument about Cadmus was stupid considering he was full on experimented on. Jason WILLINGLY went to Crane and told him about Bat's identity and all the rest of the stuff. But you want to handwave the other stuff he did because of the drugs? GTFO with that. Kori's Batman argument was stupid because she has killed people. You can't have people with blood on their hands already trying to take some moral stance in arguments.

If Blackfire does turn on them I imagine it will be some rush job in the last five minutes of episode 12 and things will be rushed in the season finale.

God this show has so much potential and I feel yet again for another season it is squandered.

But hey, at least we got some boobs in the episode right? To show how 'mature' and 'gritty' Titans is.

Last edited by KabutoRyder; 09-16-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Mighty Member

This series is so all over the place. I swear, I don't think they plan these seasons at all. They just write each episode as it comes up and try to string it together. Because the character voices change from week to week, the plots make no sense, and the thematic resonance just isn't there.

Let's start with the good: Barbara Gordon is hot. Blackfire is absolutely gorgeous. And yep, that's about it.

As for the weak: Wait, wait. So Crane goes from complete mastermind to utter sad sack in the span of one raid on his HQ? Why should I take this character seriously from here on out? This was awful.

Jason is coming back to himself. Ok, that's fine. Problem, however. They made him irredeemable. There just isn't any coming back from what he did to Hank. He can feel bad, he can have all the angst and the guilt, but I will never, NOT EVER believe that any of the Titans will ever or can ever forgive him. Gar included, as his journey to "Jason's Bestie" is ridiculous and doesn't build on any meaningful relationship. Jason manipulated and used Gar, that's all.

These people are all toxic. Every last one. For the love of god, just cancel this crap already.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    More plot induced stupidity from characters. This redemption/atonement angle we are barreling towards it just stupid. Gar's argument about Cadmus was stupid considering he was full on experimented on. Jason WILLINGLY went to Crane and told him about Bat's identity and all the rest of the stuff. But you want to handwave the other stuff he did because of the drugs? GTFO with that. Kori's Batman argument was stupid because she has killed people. You can't have people with blood on their hands already trying to take some moral stance in arguments.
    This show can really **** off with that. Cadmus performed open brain surgery on Gar to brainwash him. The circumstances are completely different between him and Jason.

Mighty Member

Been thinking on it, in light of my criticisms, but I do want to give the show props for one thing. The cast is overall really strong. I hate the writing, just straight up hate it, full stop. It's terrible. But the cast almost saves it from time to time. There are some actors doing real heavy lifting on this garbage material and it makes me sad that they aren't getting better stuff to work with. Curran Walters and Anna Diop in particular. I hate the creative choices made for their characters, but they both do work trying to dead lift their scenes. Add the actress playing Blackfire to that list as well. She's a queen, I tell you. I've even enjoyed the performances from Tim, Barbara, and yes even Gar this season a ton. The plots are stupid beyond belief, and I don't like the decisions being made at the writing end, but I wouldn't be at all opposed to seeing a lot more of these actors on better programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This show can really **** off with that. Cadmus performed open brain surgery on Gar to brainwash him. The circumstances are completely different between him and Jason.
    I couldn't agree more. I really wish, if they intended to go this redemption angle in the end, they hadn't oversold "evil" Jason earlier. The only path left for this character is villainy. Or at least really hard, Frank Castle-esque anti-hero. The kind of guy who thinks he's doing good, but whom is loathed by other heroes and probably needs to be stopped.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    This series is so all over the place. I swear, I don't think they plan these seasons at all. They just write each episode as it comes up and try to string it together. Because the character voices change from week to week, the plots make no sense, and the thematic resonance just isn't there.

Let's start with the good: Barbara Gordon is hot. Blackfire is absolutely gorgeous. And yep, that's about it.

As for the weak: Wait, wait. So Crane goes from complete mastermind to utter sad sack in the span of one raid on his HQ? Why should I take this character seriously from here on out? This was awful.

Jason is coming back to himself. Ok, that's fine. Problem, however. They made him irredeemable. There just isn't any coming back from what he did to Hank. He can feel bad, he can have all the angst and the guilt, but I will never, NOT EVER believe that any of the Titans will ever or can ever forgive him. Gar included, as his journey to "Jason's Bestie" is ridiculous and doesn't build on any meaningful relationship. Jason manipulated and used Gar, that's all.

These people are all toxic. Every last one. For the love of god, just cancel this crap already.
    I’m in the same boat, but I’m kind of enjoying the show in a “so bad it’s good kind of way.”
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-17-2021 at 03:01 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Where is Krypto in this show? The only times we ever see him is when the team gets together for a mission.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Right.

I was not aware of it either until I saw a write up on her. Gave me new respect and appreciation and def made me a fan of her.

I found about the actress Savannah Welsh and her history after I learned about her casting as Barbara Gordon and well before her first appearance in Titans
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Astonishing Member

I just watched it. This season is worse than last season imo. At least last season there were a couple actual strong episodes. This season the writing is just hellishly awful. I wanted to like Tim as well but he was so hamfisted just tossed in there oh i know who everyone is because like i follow you guys and I'm intuitive and stuff. The HELL man?

Oh I wanna be the next robin because...reasons! Oh look I just got shot by scarecrow.

I am over Starfire dream sequences too. Between her dreams and Nightwing having PTSD flashbacks everywhere good lord. Dream sequences are not an alternative to having a plot.

Ugh