Page 1 of 118 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Live action Titans TV show

For people who might not have heard yet:

http://www.cbr.com/titans-beast-boy-geoff-johns/
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

If it features a red-headed Wally West, then of course I'd watch it. I'd be curious to see a Titans show.
    Of course if this yet another version of mainly Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire...(cartoon show TEEN Titans made live action)... not so much.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Since Geoff Johns is helming, it will most likely be the same Titans (or "Blackbirds") concept he was working on with TNT, that featured Nightwing and Oracle forming the Titans. Highly doubt we'll see another on screen Wally West, and Cyborg is pretty much a no go due to budget concerns and his role in the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Since Geoff Johns is helming, it will most likely be the same Titans (or "Blackbirds") concept he was working on with TNT, that featured Nightwing and Oracle forming the Titans. Highly doubt we'll see another on screen Wally West, and Cyborg is pretty much a no go due to budget concerns and his role in the DCEU.
    Well, if Flash and Nightwing can exist on TV and the big screen simultaneously then I suppose Cyborg could too, although they might be forced to use practical make up effects rather than CGI. Which come to think of it might actually look better.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

I'm pretty excited to see what comes of this and how they'll handle adapting the Titans. I know the immediate assumption with Berlanti involved is that this will be related to the Arrowverse, though with it being a digital-only series I'm not sure if they'll connect it to the CW shows or have any kind of major crossover. I'm not expecting the Titans to show up to next year's annual crossover event, for one thing...

I guess it could possible be like Vixen where it's mostly standalone but with a major appearance by an Arrowverse regular at some point. I could see this taking place on Earth-38, the Earth of Supergirl, since it's teased Batman's existence and has more room for other heroes and world-building then Earth-1 does .

Be kind of awesome if we see an Earth-38 version of Slade Wilson, still played by Manu Bennett, menace the Titans and call Dick "Kid" like he did Ollie on Arrow .

The only downside would be the unlikelihood of Roy and Wally popping up in this, since they're both on Earth-1, but I wasn't expecting we'd see more of the Fab Five other then Dick quite frankly. Though I guess there is potential for Wonder Girl and Aqualad...

If there's anything I'm concerned about it's the show's possible budget and how that might effect their adapting the Titans, since the members already announced or teased like Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy would likely be very FX heavy. Can we expect something on par with a Netflix series or a CW show? Would this being digital-only limit the budget even more?

As much as I believe the CW has been pretty good about conveying powers and abilities, at least for the kind of budget they have, we've already seen team shows like Legends of Tomorrow try it's best to workaround the heroes who require a lot of FX, but I'm not sure if that'll work well here. Will Beast Boy pull a Vixen and only change into a gorilla? Well, they have a CG Grodd model they can probably recolor...

And costumes is another question. Using the CW shows as a barometer, they've generally been pretty true to or at least true to the spirit of the costumes from the comics at least as far as most of the heroes and some villains are concerned. Nightwing and Beast Boy's costumes shouldn't be that hard to adapt, though I doubt Starfire is going to have an outfit that's as skimpy as some of her comic looks (though if we ever see her at a pool...), but given all the redesigns she and Raven have had over the years there's a lot to play around with for them as far as costume design.

Also, given this is a Berlanti show and Starfire is a redhead + the likely love interest of the lead (Dick), there's probably a 50% chance she'll be cast with an African-American actress. Though hopefully, Kori being Kori, she can avert the pitfalls of a CW Superhero love interest in the first season of their show...

Default Aquaman to play Hawk in the live action Titans tv series

Alan Ritchson who played Arthur Curry in smallville will play Hawk along side Minka Kelly who'll play Dove.

Well he certainly has the jaw for it. I liked him as aquaman and never understood why they replaced him for the mercy reef pilot
    Last edited by Qwerty; 09-08-2017 at 05:55 AM.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

OMG MY HEART MELTED!! When I saw this I love the Nightwing Actor they choose & I can't wait To See Nightwing & StarFire Together My Favorite Couples in DC ^.^

Yeah so far people are complaining bout the StarFire actor cause she is black but people forget that the Actor who played Gomora in Guardian of the galaxy is black who was sprayed painted Green, I have high hopes For StarFire she gonna do great I just can't wait to see Nightwing & StarFire together

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Alan Ritchson who played Arthur Curry in smallville will play Hawk along side Minka Kelly who'll play Dove.

Well he certainly has the jaw for it. I liked him as aquaman and never understood why they replaced him for the mercy reef pilot
    Hawk and Dove are a weird choice for the titans cast. But it like the casting. And as far as the mercy reef pilot i like Alan Ritchson, but i think justin hartley is a better actor. He just had the unfortunate luck of having to wear that awful green arrow costume. Hes now killing it on This is Us.

Never been a hawk and dove fan but i thought they were. Brothers not lovers
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-10-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hawk and Dove are a weird choice for the titans cast. But it like the casting. And as far as the mercy reef pilot i like Alan Ritchson, but i think justin hartley is a better actor. He just had the unfortunate luck of having to wear that awful green arrow costume. Hes now killing it on This is Us.

There have been versions of them where they were a couple.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyJuri View Post
    Yeah so far people are complaining bout the StarFire actor cause she is black but people forget that the Actor who played Gomora in Guardian of the galaxy is black who was sprayed painted Green, I have high hopes For StarFire she gonna do great I just can't wait to see Nightwing & StarFire together
    No people aren't forgetting that. They just know that black people have had enough of the one actor/actress of color playing a an alien character whose skin tone has to be altered. (If that makes any sense at all)

Matt "peace out suckas"

I always liked Hartley as Green Arrow. He was pretty fun in the role (compared to Amell who's been intentionally written as dour and straight-laced since day one).

They started out as brothers (Hank and Don Hall) but eventually after Don died in Crisis they came up with a new Dove, Dawn Granger, to pair with Hank and there has been some on-and-off romantic subtext between them throughout their run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always liked Hartley as Green Arrow. He was pretty fun in the role (compared to Amell who's been intentionally written as dour and straight-laced since day one).

They started out as brothers (Hank and Don Hall) but eventually after Don died in Crisis they came up with a new Dove, Dawn Granger, to pair with Hank and there has been some on-and-off romantic subtext between them throughout their run.
    Oh yea he was great as Ollie, a troubled character who covered it with Humor and Charm. But they gave him an awful costume

Ok didnt know that. Anytime ive come across them they were brothers.

Oh yea he was great as Ollie, a troubled character who covered it with Humor and Charm. But they gave him an awful costume

Ok didnt know that. Anytime ive come across them they were brothers.
    I think this is the first time the Dawn Granger Dove has appeared in outside media, aside from cameos in DC Super Hero Girls.

I had not heard of this, but I am excited!