Page 81 of 118 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1758
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I don't think that was the case, either. Right before he assaulted the marshals that got him thrown in jail, he was about to buy a plane ticket to the most isolated place he could find. It isn't so much punishment as it is isolation. He has somehow conflated his physical presence with the pain, violence and death that his bad choices have brought into being. He puts himself in jail so he won't be around to hurt his friends anymore. A concept that is undermined by the ease with which he escapes later, but don't tell the writers that or they might have to think a little bit next time.

And then the ultimate revelation Dick has isn't nearly as meaningful as the writers want to portray it either. He realizes Jericho is still alive, and is thus absolved of his guilt for killing him. But Dick never really has to accept that Deathstroke and Jericho both made choices. It really shouldn't be about Dick's man-pain, it should be about Jericho's sacrifice to save him. But to the writers, and thus Dick, Jericho's agency is meaningless and his choices aren't worth giving credit to. Rather than Dick accept that Jericho chose him as a brother and gave his life to try and save him, it becomes about Dick's grief that he killed Jericho and his joy that he doesn't need to carry that weight anymore.

They could have used Dick's acceptance of Jericho's choice to strengthen Dick's resolve, and his later realization that Jericho is actually still alive to drive him to action to repay the deed. Instead, Jericho is used as a prop for Dick's pain and insecurity with himself. The ultimate irony is that, as presented, Deathstroke gave more concern to his children's agency and choices than Dick ever did. Even if his response is disappointment and anger, at least he acknowledged that they made choices on their own.
    Man-pain? I didn't know Snyder directed this show too!

I didn't totally get why Dick blamed himself either. Slade killed Jericho.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Man-pain? I didn't know Snyder directed this show too!

I didn't totally get why Dick blamed himself either. Slade killed Jericho.
    Because it was Dick's idea to use Jericho to get close to Slade. As far he's concerned, he put him in the crosshairs to get to the target.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Because it was Dick's idea to use Jericho to get close to Slade. As far he's concerned, he put him in the crosshairs to get to the target.
    I get that. But didn't he also want Slade away from Jericho too?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Interview with Savannah Welch. Possible spoilers about her dad.

https://screenrant.com/savannah-welc...tans-season-3/

I get that. But didn't he also want Slade away from Jericho too?
    People can and often do feel guilty about deaths that aren't really their fault. Spider-Man's practically made a career out of this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    People can and often do feel guilty about deaths that aren't really their fault. Spider-Man's practically made a career out of this.
    I guess it's a realistic reaction, but I didn't really see how putting himself in jail fixed anything. Idk, maybe I was just annoyed by all the excessive drama of this show. I hope season 3 is better.

I expect season 3 to be more of the same. Dick just became Nightwing and now he's being pressured into succeeding Batman. Give the guy a break.

Ultimate Member

I expect season 3 to be more of the same. Dick just became Nightwing and now he's being pressured into succeeding Batman. Give the guy a break.
    So more needless drama, more Batman-izing the Titans, more Hawk & Dove, and less of the rest of the Titans? Because that sounds disappointing

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I find it interesting that Cyborg is over on Doom Patrol when there is a clearly a home for him on a team he is famous for belonging.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I find it interesting that Cyborg is over on Doom Patrol when there is a clearly a home for him on a team he is famous for belonging.
    What was the reason for him not being in this show?

What was the reason for him not being in this show?
    According to the actor, Doom Patrol seeks to show a very young Cyborg. He seems to allude that Cyborg will eventually make his way to the Titans once he matures as a hero. I'm not sure how that will happen as the show runners on Doom Patrol stated that the show is in it's own universe.

According to the actor, Doom Patrol seeks to show a very young Cyborg. He seems to allude that Cyborg will eventually make his way to the Titans once he matures as a hero. I'm not sure how that will happen as the show runners on Doom Patrol stated that the show is in it's own universe.
    Crisis also showed they and Titans take place on different Earths.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Crisis also showed they and Titans take place on different Earths.
    Then there's still a chance

Astonishing Member

So more needless drama, more Batman-izing the Titans, more Hawk & Dove, and less of the rest of the Titans? Because that sounds disappointing
    Some writer/producer definitely used Titans to get the Bat-Show he always wanted to make.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Some writer/producer definitely used Titans to get the Bat-Show he always wanted to make.
    Seems so. Somebody also seems to a big Hawk and Dove fan. I can't imagine why