Page 59 of 118 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Are we doing spoiler tags now?

spoilers:

Neurosis Bruce Wayne was one of the darkest funniest things I've ever seen. It's a natural continuation of what Dick was going through in season one, and hopefully it sets up things with Jericho. Who, is either not dead entirely by something Dick did or isn't even dead entirely and is the one messing with the Titans. Or a combination of both.

I didn't like the effects in Jason's eyes (unless it's a hint that Jericho or Rachel or something is messing with him), but other than that, his plot was really good. Jason is one of the most believable characters in this whole show.

Kory saving Conner with her solar powers and an assist from Rachel was cool.
    end of spoilers

random thoughts:
    -- I am on the fence about Dick hallucinating Bruce - especially to the point where he's screaming at him in front of other people. It seems like too much of a mental break to me, but I'm willing to see how it all plays out.
    -- I really felt for Jason when Rose, then everyone else was blaming him for screwing with them. The poor kid was tortured and almost died and they're not even bothering to ask if he did it.
    -- Kori speaking Kryptonian was a cute moment, but it seemed a little odd how they all kinda brushed it off like it wasn't a big deal.
    -- So, Krypto seems to be the only flier on the team. Maybe they should get a sleigh and have him fly the team around.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ser Jorah is legit the perfect Bruce Wayne. Just like Brenton Thwaites is so great as Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Ser Jorah is legit the perfect Bruce Wayne. Just like Brenton Thwaites is so great as Dick.
    I dunno - he's no Khal Drogo...

The thing is, he doesn't even come across as what Dick has said about him - how Bruce has trained him to be violent and that Dick had to get away because he's afraid Bruce is going to the dark side, etc... I am sure Ian Glen can go dark and bring it emotionally, but the show doesn't seem to want to, which makes me doubt Dick's whole motivation for everything. Was it all just about Jericho?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-21-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

The thing is, he doesn't even come across as what Dick has said about him - how Bruce has trained him to be violent and that Dick had to get away because he's afraid Bruce is going to the dark side, etc... I am sure Ian Glen can go dark and bring it emotionally, but the show doesn't seem to want to, which makes me doubt Dick's whole motivation for everything. Was it all just about Jericho?
    The asylum episode in season 1 pointed out that Dick was exaggerating Bruce's faults and blaming all his problems on him. This was reinforced in the season 2 premiere where Dick admitted to Bruce that Bruce while not perfect was he did the best he could.

Mighty Member

Yes, precisely. Dick was too scared to own up to what he was feeling, so he projected everything he was afraid of onto Bruce. All the worrying about the violence, all of the fear about killing. It's all Jericho. Bruce was a patsy so Dick wouldn't have to confront anything.

This is how they've tied Dick's journey in the first season to the second. It's still the same journey. First choosing to move on and do something different, and now having to actually confront his fear and guilt so that he can truly do so.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

While I do like what they're doing with Dick a lot more now, I still think the majority of his character arc in season one was wasted. That season focused way too much on him (making him the protagonist) even though the story was about Rachel. It felt like he had the same character arc two or three times, and is still having a similar one this time around. But at least the story is more about him this time around.

I still don't understand what that "Be Batman" moment from the flashback was meant to say. Was that a go-ahead to be violent? And hasn't Dick killed another person before or aside from Jericho? I'm not sure if I like that Dick is completely projecting on Bruce. The twist doesn't feel that earned and it should be a two-way thing.

This show is really growing on me. Not a huge fan in concept of making Bruce more mentally healthy then Dick. That's suppose to be why dick will never be better then Bruce. Bruce is insane and is willing to go places Dick just isnt. Not insane in a dangerous way but in a obsessive will driven way. Anyway the way the show is handling it works though so I can roll with it. I dont mind changing some things if it works. And so far this works for me. Still dont like some of the characters, Garf can just die at this point. Hes doesnt really feel like Beastboy and hasnt really been a factor outside his relationship with Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This show is really growing on me. Not a huge fan in concept of making Bruce more mentally healthy then Dick. That's suppose to be why dick will never be better then Bruce. Bruce is insane and is willing to go places Dick just isnt.
    Actually that's why Dick is considered better than Bruce. Bruce's "going places Dick can't" has repeatedly been shown as a bad thing and hasn't made him a better hero. Being obsessive is not the same as being more competent.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Bruce never was those things. He's the Batman we know and love. Dick was projecting onto Bruce his own insecurities and fears. He's the one who was getting too violent and now has to own up to that. Bruce is his father and to become his own man he's rejecting his father, which I'm sure he'll face at some point this season when Nightwing is born.

He sees a lot of his own inner turmoil reflected in Jason's more outward turmoil. Dick keeps it together but inside he's fighting a battle against his impulses, whereas Jason is surface level chaotic. I also think it's why he was so drawn to helping Rachel, besides the fact that Dick is just a heroic guy in general- she's also struggling with her inner most impulses.

BANNED

I like this show but is it just me who thinks the writing is terrible? this show suffers from characters saying way too little in the moment, the world and environments are not fleshed out and everything feels kind of randomly thrown together, like a student film or something. I had this same issue with the previous season. sometimes it feels like the dialogue was written in some other language and put through google translate

I really love what they're doing with Jason though. he is the best character on this show

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The viewing numbers while nice aren't as important as the fact they sell the show to Netflix which helps cover the cost.
    cool I was just curious about how many people are watching the show in the DCU app.

For instance, Amazon just announced the viewership for The Boys and it's in the millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actually that's why Dick is considered better than Bruce. Bruce's "going places Dick can't" has repeatedly been shown as a bad thing and hasn't made him a better hero. Being obsessive is not the same as being more competent.
    But Bruce is Competent, and while his intellect is bascialy a Mcguffin at this point used to make him relevant in any situation no matter how far out of his league. It's his Obsseive nature that makes him so dangerous, he has contingencies for contingencies. He constantly training and getting better it's never enough. Dick
    is sane and has a life and approaches things in a healthier way.

Now dick is a way better leader then Bruce and Moraly speaking is a better "Hero". Dick just wants to help people and make the world a better place. Batman wants to punish the guilty in a neverending quest of Vengeance. But if you need one guy to save Gotham and get the Job done isnt many people more competent then Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    cool I was just curious about how many people are watching the show in the DCU app.

For instance, Amazon just announced the viewership for The Boys and it's in the millions.
    I dont personaly know anyone but me who has the app. So yea I doubt its touching something on Amazon Prime. But like others said outside of America they sell it to Netflix so it probaly get alot of view worldwide but I doubt the north America numbers on that app are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    But Bruce is Competent, and while his intellect is bascialy a Mcguffin at this point used to make him relevant in any situation no matter how far out of his league. It's his Obsseive nature that makes him so dangerous, he has contingencies for contingencies.
    Bruce's contingencies have a history of being used against him or his allies

He constantly training and getting better it's never enough. Dick
    is sane and has a life and approaches things in a healthier way.
    Dick trains and gets better as well. So does just about every other superhero while remembering to have a life.

But if you need one guy to save Gotham and get the Job done isnt many people more competent then Batman.
    Yeah and Dick is one of them. There's a reason he was chosen to be Batman after Bruce died.