Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1758
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Do you have a link to where it was reported. I'd like to see how they make the equivalency. If it's the same budget per episode it might be the difference in episode count. Stargirl has 13 eps to Titans 12. As such SG might have more overall dollars. They have had the odd episode heavily plot and character driven that doesn't have much special effects which may allow greater spend on those episodes that are effects heavy. There's also a lot of effects achieved thru wire work and blue screen that is relatively cheap effects.

I agree that the effects look much better on Stargirl than Titans
    Titans has 13 eps, same as Stargirl
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

It's such low-hanging fruit to pick on this show, but I will try to just hit the low-lites:
    -- They finally spring for an interesting Gar transformation and it's for ... that?!? How did they not laugh at themselves creating that sequence of the bats carrying Dick?
    -- So, Crane runs the cops or whatever and is taking over the city, but he leaves the Lazarus pit completely unguarded? (and why did Dick's clothes change, and where did Gar get those pants?)
    -- What was the point of Dick's experience in the Pit? (sing it with me: "we all fell in it, the pii-iii-iit") He had to overcome not wanting to beat Jason to death and ... instead punch Crane in the face? Good for you, Dick...
    -- I can buy that Dick (and Bruce) have enough experience with Kryptonite to know that K dust is just enough to incapacitate a Kryptonian without killing them, but it's still just a huge betrayal to use his one weakness against him ... and for what? Another check in the "Dick is the worst leader" column.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-15-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Titans has 13 eps, same as Stargirl
    Wierd, when I googled it before posting it said 12. Then it makes no sense of they really have the se budget per episode or total

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Wierd, when I googled it before posting it said 12. Then it makes no sense of they really have the se budget per episode or total
    I reckon it could boil down to Titans having a larger cast to have to deal with paying. I can't recall off the top of my head WHERE they shoot, so that could have some things to do with it as well. But in the end, Stargirl manages its money/story ratio better than Titans.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Astonishing Member

I'll back up a bit. I think Superman and Lois is really good. I usually enjoyed Arrow and the early Flash. Stargirl, Supergirl, Legends, Batwoman and later Flash fell apart for me with stupid plots. Never could get into Doom Patrol. It's too weird to be overtly stupid but didn't get into the characters.

Waiting for LexCorp to start selling Diet Lazarus Soda for post death pick me up.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I reckon it could boil down to Titans having a larger cast to have to deal with paying. I can't recall off the top of my head WHERE they shoot, so that could have some things to do with it as well. But in the end, Stargirl manages its money/story ratio better than Titans.
    The show films in Toronto.

I think I've reached a point with this show where bitching about it feels like punching down. The only thing this episode did right was closing the door on Jason ever being a Titan again. Everything else is clown shoes.

Ultimate Member

Does anyone find it odd hearing Coriander and Commander spoken so seriously?

Astonishing Member

We can't get half the police in major cities to get a covid shot and Crane so easily controls them? That's a common theme in lots of 'take over the city' plots. Do the writers know actual police? Fat chance of that. I can see the union rep arguing about benefits, overtime, etc.

Like I said, in this discussion and about Arrow a long time ago, try to take over Dallas and see how that works for you. In Arrow a bunch of ninjas fought a bunch of street people with sticks to take over Star. In a Texas city or other Southern city, there are gun stores chock full of AR-15s and Glocks (and other brands) all over. Try the ninja trick there. Oh, well - it's a story with bats picking up people to go to a spa in the basement.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Is Bruce know tracking what's going on? Gotham has gone to ****, Nightwing is dead. Even if he's still in a funk I would think those two things would spring him back into action.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Is Bruce know tracking what's going on? Gotham has gone to ****, Nightwing is dead. Even if he's still in a funk I would think those two things would spring him back into action.
    In a normal story, yes. But on a tv show where WB, for whatever reason, STILL REFUSES to actually have Batman on tv, it'll never happen.

Side note- at this point, it HAS to be a legal issue. We've had multiple Supermen and Flash's on TV, and we're going to have two Batmen in the upcoming Flash movie. It has to be some kind legal issues that prevent them from actually showing Batman on tv for longer than a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Aquaman didn't do anything when Garth died, Wonder Woman didn't do anything when Slade killed those Amazons, Superman still hasn't shown interest in his clone - I think the older generation has checked out on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Aquaman didn't do anything when Garth died, Wonder Woman didn't do anything when Slade killed those Amazons, Superman still hasn't shown interest in his clone - I think the older generation has checked out on this show.
    At this point I have a hard time imagining the League as being any better than the Titans as far as being Superheros who consistently care about people or aren't oblivious vigilante's.

Astonishing Member

Most of the genre shows and movies have the problem of not turning out all available good guys during some critical incident. It is usually handled with some lame plot devices.

A city is taken over by some crooks, as I said before, and it is 'abandoned' by state and federal resources. No armored division crushes the 'crook'. Or the governmental forces are incompetent.

In Harry Potter, one UK wizard wants to conquer. Are there not battalions of American, Canadian, Chinese, Russian, German, Japanese, Israeli folks of competence?

So to keep the plots going, when our hero faces a bad actor, you have to solve it with just our hero. Superman can't superspeed Bane into the sun, he's saving a fishing boat in the South China sea.

In our world, a bad guy shoots from a building, there may be an officer on it who, with current doctrine, engages but everyone else gets a call and lots of folks show up. Can't have a Green Lantern show up and search for Crane and give him the old big green construct boxing glove.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Most of the genre shows and movies have the problem of not turning out all available good guys during some critical incident. It is usually handled with some lame plot devices.

A city is taken over by some crooks, as I said before, and it is 'abandoned' by state and federal resources. No armored division crushes the 'crook'. Or the governmental forces are incompetent.

In Harry Potter, one UK wizard wants to conquer. Are there not battalions of American, Canadian, Chinese, Russian, German, Japanese, Israeli folks of competence?

So to keep the plots going, when our hero faces a bad actor, you have to solve it with just our hero. Superman can't superspeed Bane into the sun, he's saving a fishing boat in the South China sea.

In our world, a bad guy shoots from a building, there may be an officer on it who, with current doctrine, engages but everyone else gets a call and lots of folks show up. Can't have a Green Lantern show up and search for Crane and give him the old big green construct boxing glove.
    Maybe they shouldn't turn everything into a critical incident. No one calls in the air Force to stop a bank robber

Astonishing Member

True but I was speaking of major incidents. But it's a show - just don't be so stupid as with calling BatUber for Dick.