Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 714
  1. #691
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    I finally got to see it now that it premiered on Netflix today. I was wide awake and excited when I sat down for the first episode and I'm wide awake now. I dozed off 3 times while watching it though. It failed to engage me on any level. I did not like a single character, I did not like a single development and I did not like a single scene. (Moving on from "did not like" to "I absolutely detested".) I absolutely detested how most of the episode played out in darkness. I absolutely detested how lifeless its world seemed. There was hardly ever anyone in frame that didn't matter to the scene. Did they fail to sign a contract with an agency that provides extras?

    Does it get better?
    I mean, it does. But, if you started at 'detested,' better still may not be your cup of tea.

  2. #692
    Incredible Member Forseti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    I mean, it does. But, if you started at 'detested,' better still may not be your cup of tea.
    I guess I better bow out. I had a look at the episode titles and I'd rather avoid seeing all the characters named in that list presented in this miserable fashion.

    Here's hoping the next DC original works for me.
    Live true or lie well.

  3. #693
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    8,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    The show launched on Netflix in Canada today. I've only watched one episode so far but I'm surprised by how much I liked it. The violence feels a little over the top, and the swearing is unnecessary but by the end of the episode I felt that it won me over for the most part. I became invested in the story, the direction was solid, and the soundtrack is awesome. I'll probably pace myself through the show, but as someone who thought the trailer was god-awful the show itself made a very good first impression.

    My only beef is that I'm concerned my Eight year old niece may watch it by accident. She loves Teen Titans Go! and I even gave her a bunch of Titans comics for Christmas, as liberal as her parents are in regards to what she watches I don't think she'd ready for this. It doesn't help that both shows were next together on the Netflix app when I watched it earlier. I would hate for her to be be afraid of her favourite superheroes.
    You can change your account over to kid-mode and even have separate, password-secured accounts with different permissions.

    That's what we do.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  4. #694
    *SHOVE* Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    You can change your account over to kid-mode and even have separate, password-secured accounts with different permissions.

    That's what we do.
    Yeah, I certainly hope they make use of some of those options. Even if her parents would be cool with her watching the show it doesn't hurt to vet it out a bit. I might be worried for nothing.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

    Die - Paper Girls - Runaways - Wonder Twins

    Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

  5. #695
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,316

    Default

    Young Justice: Outsiders and Titans 2018 are apparently streaming series hits.


    https://www.cbr.com/young-justice-ou...treaming-hits/

  6. #696
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    I mean, it does. But, if you started at 'detested,' better still may not be your cup of tea.
    Hawn & Dove and Jason Todd save the season for me.

  7. #697
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,415

    Default

    i liked the show as its own thing. to me it did a good job in creating a dark & gritty world where heroes running around in costumes and having super powers isn't unheard of and to me that's cool. is it the best version of titans?? probably not, i never really followed that series to know but regardless this is only one version of the titans/DC universe. maybe they can play out all their grim & gritty ideas in this continuity and balance out their other stuff.

  8. #698
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,694

    Default

    Catching up on Netflix now. Man, Brenton Thwaites really looks like Grant Gustin in some shots! They could be brothers.

  9. #699
    Fantastic Member Reservoir Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    BK's Finest
    Posts
    337

  10. #700

    Default

    They really need to figure out what to do with Beast Boy. He joins the team for no real reason apart from his interest in Rachel (when both actors are years apart making it kinda icky) who he's known for 5 minutes.

  11. #701
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,457

    Default

    The season finale left me hanging a bit. Like, it was still good, but it felt like the penultimate episode of a season rather than a season finale. I'm just anxious to see what happens.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 01-30-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    DC Pulls - Action Comics; Deathstroke; Doom Patrol; Superman

    Marvel Pulls - The Amazing Spider-Man; Captain America; Fantastic Four; Marvel Two-in-One

    Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga

  12. #702
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    The season finale left me hanging a bit. Like, it was still good, but it felt like the penultimate episode of a season rather than a season finale. I'm just anxious to see what happens.
    Unless i am misremembering i could swear someone said they bumped the actual season finale to be included in season 2, hence it feeling not finale-ish

  13. #703
    Astonishing Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,877

    Default

    I'm late, but I loved the themes in the dream sequence Dick had. I just wish that he had more of his natural charm to offset some of the angst. He's such a depressing character.

    It was surreal to see Batman and the Joker even in just glimpses, the show does make an effort to make it feel like a broader connected DCU.

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    The show launched on Netflix in Canada today. I've only watched one episode so far but I'm surprised by how much I liked it. The violence feels a little over the top, and the swearing is unnecessary but by the end of the episode I felt that it won me over for the most part. I became invested in the story, the direction was solid, and the soundtrack is awesome. I'll probably pace myself through the show, but as someone who thought the trailer was god-awful the show itself made a very good first impression.

    My only beef is that I'm concerned my Eight year old niece may watch it by accident. She loves Teen Titans Go! and I even gave her a bunch of Titans comics for Christmas, as liberal as her parents are in regards to what she watches I don't think she'd ready for this. It doesn't help that both shows were next together on the Netflix app when I watched it earlier. I would hate for her to be be afraid of her favourite superheroes.
    That's where child-friendly settings come in handy.

    EDIT: Sorry, saw someone already offered that advice.
    Last edited by Lightning Rider; 02-07-2019 at 03:45 PM.

  14. #704
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Just wanted to share this illustration of Starfire I finished the other day.
    I’ll probably attempt to draw Robin next.

    With all the “controversy” around Starfire outfit, she actually was one of my favourite characters on the show and I really didn’t mind her outfit that much. It’s not a costume, so I wasn’t bothered by it. And I actually really like her big hair. It really reminds me of the old school Starfire look.

    618144BB-3F66-4283-A804-295EDC15E836.jpg

  15. #705
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattSimasArt View Post
    Just wanted to share this illustration of Starfire I finished the other day.
    I’ll probably attempt to draw Robin next.

    With all the “controversy” around Starfire outfit, she actually was one of my favourite characters on the show and I really didn’t mind her outfit that much. It’s not a costume, so I wasn’t bothered by it. And I actually really like her big hair. It really reminds me of the old school Starfire look.

    618144BB-3F66-4283-A804-295EDC15E836.jpg
    Looks great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •