Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 290
  1. #1
    Incredible Member Dr Quinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    502

    Default Live action Titans TV show

    For people who might not have heard yet:

    http://www.cbr.com/titans-beast-boy-geoff-johns/
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

  2. #2
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    If it features a red-headed Wally West, then of course I'd watch it. I'd be curious to see a Titans show.
    Of course if this yet another version of mainly Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire...(cartoon show TEEN Titans made live action)... not so much.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

  3. #3
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    Since Geoff Johns is helming, it will most likely be the same Titans (or "Blackbirds") concept he was working on with TNT, that featured Nightwing and Oracle forming the Titans. Highly doubt we'll see another on screen Wally West, and Cyborg is pretty much a no go due to budget concerns and his role in the DCEU.
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  4. #4
    Incredible Member Dr Quinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Since Geoff Johns is helming, it will most likely be the same Titans (or "Blackbirds") concept he was working on with TNT, that featured Nightwing and Oracle forming the Titans. Highly doubt we'll see another on screen Wally West, and Cyborg is pretty much a no go due to budget concerns and his role in the DCEU.
    Well, if Flash and Nightwing can exist on TV and the big screen simultaneously then I suppose Cyborg could too, although they might be forced to use practical make up effects rather than CGI. Which come to think of it might actually look better.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

  5. #5
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,928

    Default

    I'm pretty excited to see what comes of this and how they'll handle adapting the Titans. I know the immediate assumption with Berlanti involved is that this will be related to the Arrowverse, though with it being a digital-only series I'm not sure if they'll connect it to the CW shows or have any kind of major crossover. I'm not expecting the Titans to show up to next year's annual crossover event, for one thing...

    I guess it could possible be like Vixen where it's mostly standalone but with a major appearance by an Arrowverse regular at some point. I could see this taking place on Earth-38, the Earth of Supergirl, since it's teased Batman's existence and has more room for other heroes and world-building then Earth-1 does .

    Be kind of awesome if we see an Earth-38 version of Slade Wilson, still played by Manu Bennett, menace the Titans and call Dick "Kid" like he did Ollie on Arrow .

    The only downside would be the unlikelihood of Roy and Wally popping up in this, since they're both on Earth-1, but I wasn't expecting we'd see more of the Fab Five other then Dick quite frankly. Though I guess there is potential for Wonder Girl and Aqualad...

    If there's anything I'm concerned about it's the show's possible budget and how that might effect their adapting the Titans, since the members already announced or teased like Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy would likely be very FX heavy. Can we expect something on par with a Netflix series or a CW show? Would this being digital-only limit the budget even more?

    As much as I believe the CW has been pretty good about conveying powers and abilities, at least for the kind of budget they have, we've already seen team shows like Legends of Tomorrow try it's best to workaround the heroes who require a lot of FX, but I'm not sure if that'll work well here. Will Beast Boy pull a Vixen and only change into a gorilla? Well, they have a CG Grodd model they can probably recolor...

    And costumes is another question. Using the CW shows as a barometer, they've generally been pretty true to or at least true to the spirit of the costumes from the comics at least as far as most of the heroes and some villains are concerned. Nightwing and Beast Boy's costumes shouldn't be that hard to adapt, though I doubt Starfire is going to have an outfit that's as skimpy as some of her comic looks (though if we ever see her at a pool...), but given all the redesigns she and Raven have had over the years there's a lot to play around with for them as far as costume design.

    Also, given this is a Berlanti show and Starfire is a redhead + the likely love interest of the lead (Dick), there's probably a 50% chance she'll be cast with an African-American actress. Though hopefully, Kori being Kori, she can avert the pitfalls of a CW Superhero love interest in the first season of their show...

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Aquaman to play Hawk in the live action Titans tv series

    Alan Ritchson who played Arthur Curry in smallville will play Hawk along side Minka Kelly who'll play Dove.


    Well he certainly has the jaw for it. I liked him as aquaman and never understood why they replaced him for the mercy reef pilot
    Last edited by Qwerty; 09-08-2017 at 05:55 AM.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

    Matt "peace out suckas"

  7. #7
    All-New Member NaughtyJuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    26

    Default

    OMG MY HEART MELTED!! When I saw this I love the Nightwing Actor they choose & I can't wait To See Nightwing & StarFire Together My Favorite Couples in DC ^.^

  8. #8
    All-New Member NaughtyJuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Yeah so far people are complaining bout the StarFire actor cause she is black but people forget that the Actor who played Gomora in Guardian of the galaxy is black who was sprayed painted Green, I have high hopes For StarFire she gonna do great I just can't wait to see Nightwing & StarFire together

  9. #9
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Alan Ritchson who played Arthur Curry in smallville will play Hawk along side Minka Kelly who'll play Dove.


    Well he certainly has the jaw for it. I liked him as aquaman and never understood why they replaced him for the mercy reef pilot
    Hawk and Dove are a weird choice for the titans cast. But it like the casting. And as far as the mercy reef pilot i like Alan Ritchson, but i think justin hartley is a better actor. He just had the unfortunate luck of having to wear that awful green arrow costume. Hes now killing it on This is Us.

    Never been a hawk and dove fan but i thought they were. Brothers not lovers
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-10-2017 at 09:58 AM.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hawk and Dove are a weird choice for the titans cast. But it like the casting. And as far as the mercy reef pilot i like Alan Ritchson, but i think justin hartley is a better actor. He just had the unfortunate luck of having to wear that awful green arrow costume. Hes now killing it on This is Us.

    Never been a hawk and dove fan but i thought they were. Brothers not lovers
    There have been versions of them where they were a couple.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

    Matt "peace out suckas"

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyJuri View Post
    Yeah so far people are complaining bout the StarFire actor cause she is black but people forget that the Actor who played Gomora in Guardian of the galaxy is black who was sprayed painted Green, I have high hopes For StarFire she gonna do great I just can't wait to see Nightwing & StarFire together
    No people aren't forgetting that. They just know that black people have had enough of the one actor/actress of color playing a an alien character whose skin tone has to be altered. (If that makes any sense at all)
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

    Matt "peace out suckas"

  12. #12
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hawk and Dove are a weird choice for the titans cast. But it like the casting. And as far as the mercy reef pilot i like Alan Ritchson, but i think justin hartley is a better actor. He just had the unfortunate luck of having to wear that awful green arrow costume. Hes now killing it on This is Us.
    I always liked Hartley as Green Arrow. He was pretty fun in the role (compared to Amell who's been intentionally written as dour and straight-laced since day one).

    Never been a hawk and dove fan but i thought they were. Brothers not lovers
    They started out as brothers (Hank and Don Hall) but eventually after Don died in Crisis they came up with a new Dove, Dawn Granger, to pair with Hank and there has been some on-and-off romantic subtext between them throughout their run.

  13. #13
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always liked Hartley as Green Arrow. He was pretty fun in the role (compared to Amell who's been intentionally written as dour and straight-laced since day one).


    They started out as brothers (Hank and Don Hall) but eventually after Don died in Crisis they came up with a new Dove, Dawn Granger, to pair with Hank and there has been some on-and-off romantic subtext between them throughout their run.
    Oh yea he was great as Ollie, a troubled character who covered it with Humor and Charm. But they gave him an awful costume

    Ok didnt know that. Anytime ive come across them they were brothers.

  14. #14
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oh yea he was great as Ollie, a troubled character who covered it with Humor and Charm. But they gave him an awful costume

    Ok didnt know that. Anytime ive come across them they were brothers.
    I think this is the first time the Dawn Granger Dove has appeared in outside media, aside from cameos in DC Super Hero Girls.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,358

    Default

    I had not heard of this, but I am excited!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •