Page 94 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1758

The thief Babs reeked of not being able to use Batgirl. But ya, the show does lean into the heroes are flawed pretty hard. So it could just be that. Cool to see Lady Vic though.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The writing in this episode makes want to flip a table. Barbara was a wanna be Catwoman once upon a time, Dick is able to walk into a crime scene and Barbara office without being arrested with the police being fully aware he was the one who broke Crane out from his prison transfer. Jason stabbing Crane in the back because he's an inpatient twat. This Arrowverse levels of awful.

But hey, they remembered that Tim was in this season so maybe he'll get to do something

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The writing in this episode makes want to flip a table. Barbara was a wanna be Catwoman once upon a time, Dick is able to walk into a crime scene and Barbara office without being arrested with the police being fully aware he was the one who broke Crane out from his prison transfer. Jason stabbing Crane in the back because he's an inpatient twat. This Arrowverse levels of awful.

But hey, they remembered that Tim was in this season so maybe he'll get to do something
    They haven't even done much with the other Titans. I doubt there's room for Tim

Dick being the worst Robin ever in being a willing accomplice to theft and not seeming to feel even a hint of remorse about it.

Mighty Member

Ok, finally sitting down to watch this week's ep, because apparently I'm a masochist. And before we even hit the titles I have a couple stupid issues. 1) "Sleep with one eye open," Kory says. Then why did you bring her back here? How stupid does the thought process have to be? Really?

2) A nitpick, but one that gets at a major problem I have with this show, and that's the level of care put into it. The opening attack on the two state troopers. The female trooper is holding her gun in her right hand, the knife is thrown at her, and somehow it embeds itself in her right palm. This is physically impossible. It would have had to pass through her fingers, then through the grip of the pistol she's holding. And still couldn't have entered her hand at the angle it's shown to have struck her. This kind of utterly shoddy, low effort production shows itself throughout. Does nobody care? I noticed it in real time the very first time I'm seeing this because it's so ludicrous, certainly I won't be the only one.

Edit to add:

Ok, finished this one up. I don't like the thief backplot for Barbara, but I think I'm in love with flashback Babs. Present day Babs is a complete hypocrite and incredibly unlikable, however. The fight in the chair wasn't half bad, the actress does an excellent job, but Lady Vic is written to be a complete moron who could have killed Barbara after blinding her and simply ran away. It's another example of the extreme stupid that seems to infect these characters week in and week out.

Blackfire is gorgeous. Yowza. At least between the two Tamaraneans and Barbara this episode was fun to look at. I'll bet $5 that this whole thing is a plot so Blackfire can steal Kory's powers in the end. Way to telegraph it SO HARD, writers. You did the same thing with Crane and Jason. No mystery at all. I hope Conner and Blackfire hook up at least once before then, girl was mighty thirsty.

Rogue Jason brings Tim Drake back into the plot. I'll be curious how much of the audience even remembers who he was after 5 weeks offscreen. Jason's new gang could be interesting. He's losing control of Red Hood (not that he ever really had it) now that Scarecrow has dumped him on his butt.

And the Oracle mention was fascinating. It sounds like some kind of AI program in this iteration. That's the only really neat idea in the whole episode, but I feel like it won't go anywhere in the end.

Overall, meh. 2 out of 5. Not the worst episode of this series, but a lot of wheel spinning and back plot setup.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 09-02-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Dick being an ******* half the time? Okay. Fine. Comics for NTT did it too. BB being the voice of reason, while still being "light"? Sure. Conner being a little naive but always well intentioned? Done.

But it started losing me with Jason's backstory. It wasn't the worst UTRH setting, but it wasn't far off either. Taking away just about everything from the al'Ghuls influence over what happened to him, except the Lazarus Pit, really takes away from what built him up. Not to mention why he took the name of Red Hood too.

And then we get to Babs being Selina origin. I just can't. I wanted to like the series. And some parts, yes. But it lost me now.

Astonishing Member

Picking up on what I said about the cop gun freeze, the show choregraphs fights that look neat. The writers should watch some high end pistol competitors. Babs had two opportunities to take out Lady Vic and just does the cop freeze yet again. It's getting old. Yep. we don't want to kill, blah, blah, blah. Get the gun up, shoot - or write a script that doesn't have that idiocy in it.

There are a lot of gaps that need filling, like why babs went the cat woman route, was she ever batgirl, what Oracle is exactly, and why babs doesn't want to use it. Why she even needs to, if Bruce had his high tech computers. I'm still not liking the overall bleakness of Gotham, and why people choose to stay and fight for it. We're already halfway through the season, and we haven't touched on raven's quest to bring back Donna, or if they'll be back by the end of the season. The whole subplot with star fire/ black fire seems superfluous to what else is going on, and I still don't understand what black fires beef is. Gar is being neglected, but I'm still liking Connor. They need to do more with him. But I thought nightwing's costume would be bulletproof. Wouldn't't Bruce have taught him that ?
    Last edited by protege; 09-03-2021 at 12:59 PM.

BANNED

Heck it was Bruce's people who made the Nightwing suit.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

God bless Titans. Another season of potential followed by a swift kick in the nuts with steal toed boots.

Like after the first three eps, I was like...OK...I think I can roll with this...but after this episode I am a milimeter about the panic button and it mostly stems from the air duct conversation with BB and Dick and BB basically opening the door to redemption for Jason. BB points out earlier in the episode that Hawk was blown the eff up. Blown up by Jason. But he's all he was my friend and fought side by side and yadda yadda...he basically set up giving Jason a pass using the drugs as a reason, or Crane and his dastardly manipulations....god....no.....and then on top of that dude unleashes the guy that shoots up Drake's parents restaurant...but we're going to give him a redemption/atonement angle? FFS.....

As others have said the stuff with Babs is a bunch of WTF...tho I do love the actress and her story and how she has come along since the car accident that took her leg.

Kori breaking Blackfire out and then being worried about her....then why'd ya do it....like the 180 with the plans for Blackfire at the end of season two to what has become of her just has me shaking my head.

I want this damn show to be good and the writers/showrunner...they just....don't....

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    There are a lot of gaps that need filling, like why babs went the cat woman route, was she ever batgirl, what Oracle is exactly, and why babs doesn't want to use it. Why she even needs to, if Bruce had his high tech computers. I'm still not liking the overall bleakness of Gotham, and why people choose to stay and fight for it. We're already halfway through the season, and we haven't touched on raven's quest to bring back Donna, or if they'll be back by the end of the season. The whole subplot with star fire/ black fire seems superfluous to what else is going on, and I still don't understand what black fires beef is. Gar is being neglected, but I'm still liking Connor. They need to do more with him. But I thought nightwing's costume would be bulletproof. Wouldn't't Bruce have taught him that ?
    Blackfire literally laid out what her beef was and we got snippets of it in the other episode. She was an outcast, treated negatively by her family. Now in this ep we learn why, she wasn't born with the special family super power. Blackfire lashed out, albiet, in an very extreme manner, because she wants acceptance, love from her family. Not a hard things to grasp I don't think.

Can put the pieces together that Oracle is some sort of super intrusive AI program that would render privacy null and void. Far too powerful for any one person to oversee, even with the best of intentions.

And Babs mentioned hanging up the tights a few episodes back so it stands to reason she was Batgirl for a time.

Anyone know the episode count for the season?
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 09-03-2021 at 02:39 PM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I want to love this show but it does not want me to do the same back...
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Wow. Reading this thread, I'll definitely pass this time and won't watch this season. It seems like character assassination doesn't stop in Jason, and doesn't seem like writing has improved from last season all that much. I bet there's a lot of people doing some great work in the show, but, well... The pluses don't balance enough for me to give it a chance.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Just to add to the pile when it comes to this show, it annoys me how this show names episodes after characters when they don't factor heavily into the plot. Why is the latest even called Lady Vic when she barely factors into the episode's plot?

Mighty Member

Just to add to the pile when it comes to this show, it annoys me how this show names episodes after characters when they don't factor heavily into the plot. Why is the latest even called Lady Vic when she barely factors into the episode's plot?
    Because what else do you call it? You can't call it Batgirl, for obvious reasons. They already used "Barbara Gordon" for the first episode, and "Blackfire" for episode 4. They clearly prefer to use character names, as the episodes named in other ways are pretty rare. They could have named it for the machine Crane stole, or at least the acronym for it. That may have been their best bet. But it's the episode that introduces Lady Vic, so Lady Vic it is.

And, to be fair, she did drive more than half of the narrative even if she wasn't the focus of many scenes. Everything Dick and Kory got up to was pretty much because of her.

I'm betting we can pick out at least two more episode titles just from context, while we're playing this game. There will almost certainly be either a "Crane" or a "Scarecrow" before the season is over. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to get a "Tim Drake," or the slightly less likely "Robin," which they haven't used yet. Considering they still haven't touched the Donna Troy stuff yet, a "Wonder Girl" could be in the offing as well. (They used "Donna Troy" back in season 1.) Although "Raven" could work there as well (slightly shocked that didn't get used yet, but it hasn't).

I thought the same at the first episode "Barbara Gordon." I guess it's just the episode that introduces the character. Barbara is of course important this season, but she wasn't the focus of the episode that bore her name.