Page 98 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1758

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    2003 show stole the Brotherhood of Evil from the Doom Partol in it's final season.
    Well that season was focused on Beast Boy so it made sense to use them...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The 2003 cartoons never stuck the Titans with being in Gotham and fighting a Bat-Villain and criminals for so many episodes.

Like use Brother Blood or something.
    I like Batman as much as the next guy, but they really didn’t need to tie this with Batman so much. It has basically be a Batman adjacent show at this point. I miss the days where the most you get with Batman was a vague allusion from Robin here and there.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    This show just needs to think its plotlines out better, and give all the characters something to do. It can keep its mature rating
    That’s part of it, but it also needs to have more consistent writing and overall stronger storytelling and perhaps lay off on the Batman connections. Red Hood’s entire character in this is really forced and doesn’t make much sense to me how he’s written. They pulled the trigger on using the character way too prematurely when it needed more build-up, but even then I’m not sure Jason Todd should’ve ever been featured on this show in the first place. He always felt like a character that was tacked on for cheap melodrama and fan service. Which is the exact same thing I can say for the decision to have him be Red Hood.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-18-2021 at 07:31 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    That’s part of it, but it also needs to have more consistent writing and overall stronger storytelling and perhaps lay off on the Batman connections. Red Hood’s entire character in this is really forced and doesn’t make much sense to me how he’s written. They pulled the trigger on using the character way too prematurely when it needed more build-up, but even then I’m not sure Jason Todd should’ve ever been featured on this show in the first place. He always felt like a character that was tacked on for cheap melodrama and fan service. Which is the exact same thing I can say for the decision to have him be Red Hood.
    I don't mind Jason being apart of this show. They should have never made him Red Hood. He could have been the Robin for this version of the team.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't mind Red Hood if he had been built up properly,and if the other Titans actually had some storylines

I wouldn't mind Red Hood if he had been built up properly,and if the other Titans actually had some storylines
    Plus Batman actually killing Joker ruins Red Hood having a point about Batman being too relax on criminals.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Plus Batman actually killing Joker ruins Red Hood having a point about Batman being too relax on criminals.
    Yeah. And Jason didn't really have that much reason to want to kill the Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yeah. And Jason didn't really have that much reason to want to kill the Titans
    His jealousy of Dick is what's driving him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    His jealousy of Dick is what's driving him.
    That's a thin reason. He didn't even really hate Dick at the end of S2

Mighty Member

That's a thin reason. He didn't even really hate Dick at the end of S2
    He doesn't hate Dick. He's jealous of him. Those are wildly different things.

Jason sees his fear as the weakness that everyone can see (and judge) and that is holding him back from eclipsing Dick. In response, rather than mastering his fear he has run and hid from it with Crane.

It's thematically sound enough, just poorly written.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Terra ever appears in this show how they plan to use her since now it seems the fellow Titan gone rogue idea is pretty much been filled with Jason going Red Hood. Granted, comics Terra was never a genuine Titan in the official sense as she was always a undercover spy for Deathstroke in the Perez Wolfman run. Admittedly, my main point of reference for the character comes from the Titans ‘03 show which for my money had the best and most interesting version of the character. Comics Terra always came across as a little too one dimensionally evil for my tastes so I much prefer the more sympathetic angle they went with character in the ‘03 show and with pretty much any territory this show has covered that was already been covered in that show. Given this show being more faithful to the comics, I have to imagine if have Terra here they will probably have a version of the character that hews closer to her original incarnation. And given the generally poor writing quality of the show, I don’t have much faith in this show’s version of that character will be executed all that well.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-19-2021 at 08:32 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    He doesn't hate Dick. He's jealous of him. Those are wildly different things.

Jason sees his fear as the weakness that everyone can see (and judge) and that is holding him back from eclipsing Dick. In response, rather than mastering his fear he has run and hid from it with Crane.

It's thematically sound enough, just poorly written.
    That's the problem, though. The poor writing makes it hard to see all that in practice

They're really slow with moving Tim to becoming Robin, but at least they had him figure out Dick/Robin/Nightwing's identity the same way as it happened in the comics.

So Blackfire actually likes Conner. I really hope that's genuine and not some ploy so she has an edge when she turns on everyone later.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Jason is coming back to himself. Ok, that's fine. Problem, however. They made him irredeemable. There just isn't any coming back from what he did to Hank. He can feel bad, he can have all the angst and the guilt, but I will never, NOT EVER believe that any of the Titans will ever or can ever forgive him. Gar included, as his journey to "Jason's Bestie" is ridiculous and doesn't build on any meaningful relationship. Jason manipulated and used Gar, that's all.
    The best Jason can hope for is to be sent to a normal jail (not Arkham) and given counseling by Leslie. He shouldn't be running free after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    They should just move the Gar character over to Doom Patrol anyway.

That show comes back next week on the 23rd at least.
    Definitely looking forward to that.

I don’t want this show to be a nostalgic recreation of that show, but I do think it can take some lessons from the show in terms of how you can tell stories while getting you to care about the characters. It’s still to this day the best adaption of the Titans, even if I know very well this show is more faithful to the original Perez/Wolfman comics.
    I think prefer early Young Justice for the best adaptation. At least in terms of the Titans being a team of sidekicks turned heroes (which is more along the lines of the original idea for the comic). The '03 series wasn't grounded enough to stay true to the comics. Why are teenagers living in a tower? We never saw Batman or Cyborg's parents and we barely heard them acknowledge their real names. In the comics, Donna had a life outside the team and got married, for example. The '03 show didn't have that element at all. Not that I didn't enjoy the show, but when it comes to the Perez/Wolfman run or any adaptation from the comics, every show has deviated from it to some extent.

I wonder if Terra ever appears in this show how they plan to use her since now it seems the fellow Titan gone rogue idea is pretty much been filled with Jason going Red Hood. Granted, comics Terra was never a genuine Titan in the official sense as she was always a undercover spy for Deathstroke in the Perez Wolfman run.
    I think they used Rose last season as a Terra substitute (only her relationship with Slade Wilson was daughter and not lover) and Jason was in the Beast Boy role. I just praised Young Justice, but I didn't like their Terra. '03 Terra was cool, but I think the Judas Contract movie was probably my favorite adaptation of the story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think prefer early Young Justice for the best adaptation. At least in terms of the Titans being a team of sidekicks turned heroes (which is more along the lines of the original idea for the comic). The '03 series wasn't grounded enough to stay true to the comics. Why are teenagers living in a tower? We never saw Batman or Cyborg's parents and we barely heard them acknowledge their real names. In the comics, Donna had a life outside the team and got married, for example. The '03 show didn't have that element at all. Not that I didn't enjoy the show, but when it comes to the Perez/Wolfman run or any adaptation from the comics, every show has deviated from it to some extent.
    Over the years I’ve read people online say YJ is a better adaption of the Perez/Wolfman Titans run and Titans ‘03 is the better adaption of the tone of the original YJ comics

I think they used Rose last season as a Terra substitute (only her relationship with Slade Wilson was daughter and not lover) and Jason was in the Beast Boy role. I just praised Young Justice, but I didn't like their Terra. '03 Terra was cool, but I think the Judas Contract movie was probably my favorite adaptation of the story.
    You’re right. I forgot about Rose(and to be honest, most of season 2 as it was just so bad). She was indeed the Terra substitute. Thanks for reminding me of that character.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-20-2021 at 06:16 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Scarecrow shooting Tim again points out the silliness of the non super vigilantes ast did the scuzzy guy knocking the snot out of Jason with his Glock. Scarecrow needs to tune up a little bit.

Dick doesn't know crap about gun shot wounds. It went straight through so that's ok and he's drowning his own blood. Sorry no-science boy, if the bleeding is that severe you die from that rather quickly. If the writers are talking about a sucking chest wound that's different.

Most folks who go into combat or law carry bleed out kits, tourniquets, clotting stuff, etc. Might put that in your leotards.

Only Star Wars trooper marksmanship skills have saved the DC non super types from an early grave.

Meat hook gymnastics, well - bang, bang. Down you go. I say the same thing so that gets boring.

I want Starfire to fly! Being a flamethrower with some super strength - Meh.