Page 9 of 118 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Oh come on now. Stepping on someone's neck who've already fallen and killing them is murder.
    You can still use hold a gun when fallen. Best to wait for context is all I’m saying.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    When did Dick Grayson suddenly become Jason Todd?

I'm a little warmer on Starfire now. I like the effects that I saw.

Wasn't Dove's whole deal that she used more passive martial arts to beat opponents, as opposed to Hawk who was just a brawler? When does she use her cape to slice tendons?

Guess the effects weren't ready for Beast Boy yet.

Raven looked really good.

Not sure about this show yet. The trailer was jarring, to say the least.
    Exactly my thoughts about Dove.

Hawk was always the more violent edgy one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Wasn't Dove's whole deal that she used more passive martial arts to beat opponents, as opposed to Hawk who was just a brawler? When does she use her cape to slice tendons?
    I noticed that and found it odd too. Also, the edits there are wonky as it cuts to Hawk immediately after.

Freeze-frame at 1:11 shows a reddish/defintely not light blue cape doing the slicing.

Robin going all Batman in BvS puts me down a little bit, especially if he's a cop in his civilian life. The costume is cool though. I'm more pleased with the "heroes" design that with the characters than don't seem to have costumes yet. I hope we see some of Hawk and Dove political differences, but I must say I don't think it will end up happening. I like that they grabbed onto the first New Teen Titans story, with Raven reuning its members. I will give this show a chance
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Yeah, this looks awful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "darkness, no parents"
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "So dark. Are you sure you're not from the D-oh wait."
    This! It would be almost funny, except that my little newphew who love titans go and was excited about a titans tv show, now can't watch it, like at all. At least his mom can use the excuse of it's on a streaming service they don't have...

Wow, just like the tone they gave off in the early Robin photos, dark all throughout. So dark it looked kind of cheesy, and literally too dark in parts I upped my brightness thinking it was on my end.

They can still deal with mature themes, while you know, having the sun exhist. This is a headscratcher. TTG leans too much on one side, while this (seemingly) leans too much on the other. This is not the way I've ever seen the Titans, but it is what it is. I'll give it the first ep.

Umm wtf is all I can say.

I think perhaps everyone should wait for a review, or watch it themselves, before jumping on it too harshly. For all we know, that scene with Robin could be a dream sequence. Or Raven seeing a vision of a tortured Dick Grayson, and what his possible future looks like if he doesn't join the team. These trailers are always made to entice the general public, not just comic fans, so anything is possible here. I wouldn't freak out just yet.

My only complaint is Starfire. The leaked pictures of her looked horrendous, but she pleaded with fans to wait for the finished product...the finished product still looks horrendous, just now with glowy hair. Poor casting, imo, in the "looks like the character" department.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 07-19-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I think perhaps everyone should wait for a review, or watch it themselves, before jumping on it too harshly. For all we know, that scene with Robin could be a dream sequence. Or Raven seeing a vision of a tortured Dick Grayson, and what his possible future looks like if he doesn't join the team. These trailers are always made to entice the general public, not just comic fans, so anything is possible here. I wouldn't freak out just yet.

My only complaint is Starfire. The leaked pictures of her looked horrendous, but she pleaded with fans to wait for the finished product...the finished product still looks horrendous, just now with glowy hair. Poor casting, imo, in the "looks like the character" department.
    I get your sentiment but a trailer is what a studio puts out to convince me on their product and it's not my fault when it backfires. I'm getting DC Universe but it's not because of Titans and I'll give it a try since I'll have the service anyway but if this was a on Network I wouldn't be tuning in probably based on the trailer.

I probably will try it. But it annoys me that I have to pay $8 to try something out that looks like trash. It'd be different if this was on an existing streaming service or the service was launching with more original content. But this will be the only draw when the service launches until Young Justice comes out.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I dont dislike the trailer because its unfaithful. I just find it odd and disliked everything about it except Raven. I like what they going for with her. Robins suit I think is good but it's so dark I can't see ****.

Probaly gonna have to wait till YJ season 3 before they get my money

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    - "@#$% Batman." Okay, that's a little too try-hard.

- I guess the violence is probably realistic for what you would expect from vigilante's fighting dangerous criminals, but at the same time it's kind of jarring to see Robin stomping on a guy's neck and Dove slicing people up .

- Although Dick helping out a young Raven seems like a good character moment for him .

- So we see Starfire with her green eyes and fire, though still no starbolts and that wig is still kind of bad.

- Oh hey, Beast Boy with green skin. Now all we need to see is whether he transforms into animals and how long they keep him green .

I've been waiting for a live action Titans show since I bought The New Teen Titans in 1980 and I was not disappointed at all! Wow. Titans is going to be an awesome show.
    Please Remain Calm

iMan 42s

Teen titans Go! or Titans

There is no in-between.

DC once again proves it learned nothing from the DCEU.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.