Page 65 of 118 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

I didnt mean he ate his entire body but that guy is dead and Gar is spitting out blood. So hes killed more then one guy. He made it sound like he clawed one guy to death and that was that. When we just saw him bite a dude to death. And If that guys meant to be alive that scene was badly directed. I guess that could be the time Gars is talking about but yea that was almost all bite and no claws.
    I never said he didn't kill the guy I said he didn't eat him. Biting into somebody is not the same thing as eating them.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to agree with Blind Wedjat. The last two episodes have been a massive turn for the worse. The writing in these episodes after a strong few has been pitiful.

You clearly watch other superhero shows with blinders on. None of what is described in the post you just replied to is done innother shows. In most what people/heros feel is linked to what they have to do. The only lies ever told are to those that don't know their ID to protect it, they are actually pretty open to those that do.
    I'm watching with blinders? Arrow in particular is infamous for having its heroes lie to each other which has been a constant source of drama(Oliver pretending to be corrupted by the League of Assassins, Diggle hiding his drug addiction from Oliver, Dinah keeping Vigilante's true identity a secret just to name a few examples). All three seasons of Young Justice had conflict among the heroes for keeping secrets among the team. Hell, go further back and we can include stuff like Hawkgirl being a mole for the Thanagarians in Justice League. Characters having secrets and lies is not exclusive to Titans.

Any plot point introduced is followed up on at least a little every episode (where it fits) until the plot point is closed.

None of this is happening in titans after episode 5. The writing from 6 onward (but especially in the last 2 episodes) is very sub par
    What shows are you talking about here? Again, the ones I've seen took even longer to resolve their plot points.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You just described virtually every superhero ever.
    Let us use Daredevil as an example. At no point in within the three-season series did Matt ever question or decide to not help people or be Daredevil, only to change his mind and help people or be Daredevil. Matt's entire moral dilemma was whether he should kill Wilson Fisk or not. At no point in time does he decide to not be a killer, and then kill someone or beat them up in the most obnoxiously violent way possible. This is exactly what the character of Dick Grayson does. In one episode he will talk about his darkness, how he doesn't like it and how he's leaving it alone, and in the next episode or in the very same episode he would show his darkness.

Your logic states that every superhero makes a change to their character, only to have it reverted by the next scene, the next act or the next episode/movie/season. You damn well know that is not true. When Tony Stark decided he was no longer going to use Stark Industries to sell weapons to whoever gave him the most money, he stopped that entirely. He didn't sell his Iron Man armour to the US military for that very reason. You know what had this kind of writing though? Iron Fist. And it's regarded as one of the worst superhero shows ever and Danny Rand is regarded as a poorly written character.

Not every decision you don't like is lazy writing. Given what we saw of Kory in the last episode, it isn't a stretch to assume she isn't available. Also, Donna is more familiar with Dick than with Kory and let's not forget that Kory was originally on Earth to kill Rachel.
    Again, you shouldn't have to assume Kory isn't available. You should know it. That is what good writing does. How difficult would it have been to have rewritten the second time she called Dick? Instead of what we got, we see Donna arrive at the crime scene, get her phone to call Dick, only to hesitate for a moment and then call Kory instead. Kory doesn't answer (since you want her to be unavailable), and Donna leaves a voice message trying to reach out to her and say something to the effect of "I know how much you care about Rachel and I think she's in trouble." None of this stuff is even hard and you're just making it sound like it is.

Young Justice which you mention below did the same thing. Some times for longer than three episodes.
    1. Provide an example of such because I don't remember when it showed a character being suicidal and having PTSD only for it to be ignored the next 3 episodes.

2. Whataboutism is a logical fallacy. You're better of telling me why you don't think it's bad writing than telling me another show did it (because I never used Young Justice in that context).

3. Since you brought up Young Justice: when the team had suffered a form of PTSD after Batman, Red Tornado and Martian Manhunter's virtual reality training exercise in 'Failsafe', the very next episode had the team going to therapy with Black Canary in 'Disordered'. It addressed it right then and there, instead of stalling it.

Why should he have stayed? You talk about how terrible a person Dick is for keeping secrets yet when characters react to him as you are you call them melodramatic.

Again, you can't complain about how unlikable Dick is yet call the decision of the others to leave forced and unrealistic.
    I never said Dick Grayson was a terrible or unlikable person (in fact, I'm pretty sure previous posts of mine have been in his defence). I said he was an unlikable protagonist, meaning it is difficult to love, watch or root for him as a viewer because of his repetitiveness, over dramatic behaviour and indecisiveness. Jason should have stayed because the lie has nothing to do with his relationship with Dick. The two of them have never been shown to have trust issues of some kind. And when Jason was abducted by Deathstroke, Dick risked his life to save him AND made himself even more vulnerable to save him again. Jason deciding to leave because he had an awkward and horny moment with a girl he just met (who actually has beef with Grayson) is poor writing.

That could have been used as a moment to give the new budding relationship between Jason and Rose some tension. Would Jason leave with the one girl that seems to get him, or would he stay with someone he actually trusts? And again, Dick should not be getting all the blame for Jericho's death. All of the OG Titans should be at held at fault. If this show wanted to prove to me it was smart and mature, after Dick gave that confession, EVERYBODY should have stayed in that damn house and talked about the entire thing. It could have been like how this generation says the past generation created problems for them without realising it (a current and ongoing debate). The new Titans releasing how messed up the OGs are and them resolving to be better. Every opportunity this show makes to have great character moments between everyone it just squanders the whole thing to give us more of Dick's repetitive nonsense.

Like what?
    So you don't think Rose deserves any character development whatsoever? Why is she on the damn show then?

In fact, when the OG Titans find out about Dick having Rose in the house, the entire framing of their reaction isn't based on what happened with Jericho, but on what happened to Garth and how they nearly died.

They now know he's hunting them because of his son's death. And they want nothing to do with him or Dick.
    1. They always knew it was about that.

2. That doesn't answer my initial comment.

Young Justice is less of a teen superhero show and more of a focus on the larger DCU. Titans is a bit more focused on the team.
    Young Justice and Titans are about the exact same thing (to say it is less of a teen superhero show when a larger percentage of the main cast that got the most screen time were teenagers is baffling). The only difference is that Young Justice knows how to better use the DCU to tell its story while Titans does not. By the second episode of Young Justice the entire Justice League showed up when Cadmus was destroyed, and this is how Superman found out about Superboy. Thus, the "absentee father" angle between the two of them started. Titans has revealed Superboy to the world and yet in a universe where Superman has been confirmed to exist and be active we've heard or seen nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z
    You just described virtually every superhero ever.

I'm watching with blinders? Arrow in particular is infamous for having its heroes lie to each other which has been a constant source of drama(Oliver pretending to be corrupted by the League of Assassins, Diggle hiding his drug addiction from Oliver, Dinah keeping Vigilante's true identity a secret just to name a few examples). All three seasons of Young Justice had conflict among the heroes for keeping secrets among the team. Hell, go further back and we can include stuff like Hawkgirl being a mole for the Thanagarians in Justice League. Characters having secrets and lies is not exclusive to Titans.

What shows are you talking about here? Again, the ones I've seen took even longer to resolve their plot points.
    So you state it describes "every other hero show" butnonly meant 1 live action (which is the only type I was referring to) and two cartoons?

Yeah no blinders there. I mean Arrow out of all the many super hero shows that have existed like DD, Luke Cage, IF, Jessica Jones, Defenders, Black Lightning, Flash, SG, LoT, Batwoman, Smalleville, Lois and Clark, Adventures of Superboy, Agents of Shield, Inhumans, Birds of Prey, Gotham, gifted, Runnaways, Mutant X (and that's just post 2000)

Of those the only shows where heroes lied to other heroes were Gambi to Jefferson in Black Lightning and Adam lying to the mutants in Mutant x, both lies were to protect them.

I also suggest you reread what I said about resolving a plot point, I never said it happens quick. In fact it usually takes up a LOT of a season. I said that it is regularly addressed where it fits and not just ignored for three whole issues. It only takes a few seconds each issue for this to be done and Titans have done that for some but not the majority. We know they know how to do it as they did it in season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Let us use Daredevil as an example. At no point in within the three-season series did Matt ever question or decide to not help people or be Daredevil, only to change his mind and help people or be Daredevil. Matt's entire moral dilemma was whether he should kill Wilson Fisk or not. At no point in time does he decide to not be a killer, and then kill someone or beat them up in the most obnoxiously violent way possible. This is exactly what the character of Dick Grayson does. In one episode he will talk about his darkness, how he doesn't like it and how he's leaving it alone, and in the next episode or in the very same episode he would show his darkness.

Your logic states that every superhero makes a change to their character, only to have it reverted by the next scene, the next act or the next episode/movie/season. You damn well know that is not true. When Tony Stark decided he was no longer going to use Stark Industries to sell weapons to whoever gave him the most money, he stopped that entirely. He didn't sell his Iron Man armour to the US military for that very reason. You know what had this kind of writing though?
    Lets also look at Arrow this way, since its being used as an example. In season 1 when Oliver starts his "mission" he starts with vengeance in his heart and is quite vicious. When Tommy was killed he questions his ways and tones it down, turning to a softer way, becoming more a hero than a vengeful vigilante. The drives of the character in those earlier seasons aligned with his actions. But with Dick atm he is actimg completely contrary to his supposed motivations every other episode. He seems to have more of a split personality than two face

I never said he didn't kill the guy I said he didn't eat him. Biting into somebody is not the same thing as eating them.
    Just like the person who titled that youtube video I was using a hyperbole for comedic effect. Anyway Gar said he accidently Clawed a guy to death once to try to relate to Konnor. I immediately thought well he also ate a guy. I didnt mean he ate him whole or even ate him in that sense at all. I'm saying he killed a man by biting pieces of him off.

Anyway I love Dick, Hawk, and Dove. And like th rest the cast, Gar is the only one I just cant stand. Honestly I'm not sure why hes on the show he has an expensive power to pull off. They kinda pushed him and Raven apart. Iono he seem ot nessecary imo at this point. Even if they start writing good stuff for him its constantly gonna be a case of finding excuses for him not to use his powers. Wally or Cyborg woulda been easier to do on this budget I mean Doom Patrol is pulling him off pretty good.

Blackfire might be the main antagonist of season 3 if this is to be believed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TitansTV/co..._for_season_3/

Blackfire might be the main antagonist of season 3 if this is to be believed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TitansTV/co..._for_season_3/
    Titans finally going cosmic .

The only other major Titans Big Bad left is Brother Blood and HIVE.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

There's also Cheshire and the fearsome 5. Chesbire from wolfman perez era was a team buster

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Well, with Brother Blood, Trigon going actual big bad is still on the table. Becoming a true worldwide threat and all. Which could lead to Rachel going White, so to speak.

The writing seems to be getting worse with each episode and most of the characters are profoundly unlikable. Watching only for Conner's ass at this point.

Apparently, Alan Ritchinson thought he was supposed to play Hawkman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TitansTV/co...son_on_a_post/

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

YAY for S3!

Also cool to see pics of Nightwing and Ravager.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Apparently, Alan Ritchinson thought he was supposed to play Hawkman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TitansTV/co...son_on_a_post/
    I guess DC didn't do a good job explaining who he was playing, although admittedly there is a shared bird-theme, anger issues, and couple theme going on...