Page 30 of 118 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

thad from blue mountain state was surprisingly great as hawk.

spoilers:
    So did Hank know that Dick and Dawn had slept together or not
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    So did Hank know that Dick and Dawn had slept together or not
    end of spoilers
    Implications seem that he did.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I felt like it was implied that the only reason Hawk and Dove are even a couple is because Dick wouldn’t stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I felt like it was implied that the only reason Hawk and Dove are even a couple is because Dick wouldn’t stick around.
    Yeah, that too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ain't Hawk and Dove superhuman? Why are they regular vigilantes on this show?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's some scuttlebutt that they could be made superhuman after this episode, with that serving as an explanation for Hawk's injuries being healed, as well as the other thing...

Overall, this was a much more focused episode that showed how the show can go full superhero-genre when focusing on Robin or his fellow vigilantes. It's not nearly as horror-style as the pilot, and the episode features a lot more conventional superhero storytelling, including some clear lore delivered by exposition.

This episode's lore about Batman and Robin getting more brutal is why I'm getting my buddy to watch the first two episodes for out first impressions review on our podcast. I already made a Recap/Reaction/Review video:

I'm still really, *really* hoping they have a good plan for Batman and Robin's brutality; I see potential if they do it right, but it's risky.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Budget?101010

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Far more interested in more Hawk & Dove than anything else in this series, at least at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Far more interested in more Hawk & Dove than anything else in this series, at least at the moment.
    Same here. So far the heroes with powers are the least interesting.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

They started off as mostly regular vigilante and then gained powers later on. (or had their powers increased)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They started off as mostly regular vigilante and then gained powers later on. (or had their powers increased)
    I hope there is a good explanation as to why Hank & Dawn aren't supers. If it just turns out they're just a couple of kids in silly costumes, I'm going to be miffed. I can understand some of the changes from the comics but this just seemed pointless. There are going to be some people who are going to be upset at the apparent "refrigerating" of Dawn. I'll reserve judgement and wait to see that happens next week. It just occurred to me that Robin, Raven, Hawk, and Dove are all bird-themed heroes. What's next? Golden Eagle?

This week, the show managed to achieve mediocrity. There were good performances from Hawk and Dove. Everything was grimdark so that must mean it's good by definition. The violence was over the top. I mean... I'm just not sure like there was a big enough pay off from Robin stabbing Balkie in nuts to justify the gore. So, yeah, I'll keep watching to see if this show gets good.
    Last edited by Marvelman; 10-22-2018 at 09:29 PM.

I liked the second episode, but honestly, I feel like Starfire’s storyline is the most interesting one, and without her on the episode you can certainly feel the interest drop a fair amount. I feel like on the long run is gonna be an okay show, but I’m probably not gonna stick around to watch it. I can see me losing interest after they reveal Starfire’s past and she regains her memory.

Meanwhile, CBR is reporting Chris McKay as saying that the Nightwing movie is still on, but people will have to "wait." Make of that what you will. I am wondering if they aren't waiting to see how the first season of Titans goes over. Brenton Thwaites already has quite a bit of movie experience, and so do some of the rest of the cast. If Robin transforms into Nightwing at the end of the season, as some are speculating, they might transition Thwaites directly into a Nightwing movie, or else transform the Nightwing movie into a Titans movie.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Mixed feelings about the show, especially the violence and Dick's humorless characterization, but the 2nd episode felt more mature. Hawk and Dove were endearing and Raven's powers as an Empath are having consequences. Jury's out on Starfire. I will continue to watch with caution.