Page 114 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1758
    Astonishing Member

Conner forget his powers yet again, but that is common with Kryptonian (or close to) protagonists. No reason to attack Zombie Deathstroke the way he did. Of course, he had to fail for Robin (Dick, Nightwing, etc.) to duke it out with a super opponent. That was the problem with the serious animated show before GO! It was always Robin and his Bo.

Still like the show, keep Jinx around. Love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Conner forget his powers yet again, but that is common with Kryptonian (or close to) protagonists. No reason to attack Zombie Deathstroke the way he did. Of course, he had to fail for Robin (Dick, Nightwing, etc.) to duke it out with a super opponent. That was the problem with the serious animated show before GO! It was always Robin and his Bo.

Does Connor truly know his powers.

It just looked silly, Connor lumbering away from Zombie Deathstroke with his arms out trying to act as a shield. A better way to shield them would have been for the bullet-proof guy to run towards the man with a gun, instead of hiding. (but of course they had to make him ineffective anyway) I also can't help but roll my eyes anytime Dick "poisoned my teammate with Kryptonite dust" Grayson tells Connor that they're a team and not to go it alone.

Jinx is okay so far. I like the actress but so far she's not much more than a stock chaotic-neutral badgirl. Also, are there no magical heroes in this world? Why is Jinx Dick's first call? I can get that Constantine's not easily reachable, but still... (btw, a highlight of the episode was that they actually used both pronunciations of his name there - seems to be an American v Brit thing)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-19-2022 at 07:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Jinx adds a touch of sexuality to Dick (oh, dear) as she slept with him. Of course, Constantine would sleep with Dick also (oh, Dear). Jinx seems to have more magical abilities than Raven.

I like the callbacks to season one, establishing Trigon's influence and Kori's role in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Jinx is okay so far. I like the actress but so far she's not much more than a stock chaotic-neutral badgirl. Also, are there no magical heroes in this world? Why is Jinx Dick's first call? I can get that Constantine's not easily reachable, but still... (btw, a highlight of the episode was that they actually used both pronunciations of his name there - seems to be an American v Brit thing)
    In story? Maybe because he knew where she was and figured it wouldn't be much trouble to get her to help. Out of story, Jinx is a Titans character, so better to use her than, say, Zatanna. This version of Jinx is cool. I did like the Constantine reference, too.

Jinx adds a touch of sexuality to Dick (oh, dear) as she slept with him. Of course, Constantine would sleep with Dick also (oh, Dear). Jinx seems to have more magical abilities than Raven.
    ...So, only Blackfire and Raven are the only female characters Dick hasn't slept with in the series?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    ...So, only Blackfire and Raven are the only female characters Dick hasn't slept with in the series?
    Everybody loves them some Dick.

Seriously though, I didn't get the impression that Dick and Donna were anything other than good friends, and that Aqualad was her only hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Everybody loves them some Dick.

Seriously though, I didn't get the impression that Dick and Donna were anything other than good friends, and that Aqualad was her only hookup.
    Lol, I see what ya did there!

Yeah, that is how I see Donna and ahem, Richard, being just friends. Aqualad was her crush/boyfriend.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Part of me thinks Superboy went WAY too Luthor WAY too quickly, but I think it was supposed to be jarring. Pretty cool to see this side of him.

Beast Boy turning into a gorilla and wrecking stuff! Heck yeah!

As for rekindling Dick and Kori...I think they should have done it a while ago. It's weird to go back to this now since they weren't even able to maintain a FWB relationship. But then again, it's Dick and Kori, they need to just go ahead with it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Just popping in to ask if Titans has gone on a break?
    There hasn't been a new episode in over a week according to IMDB.
    Is that right and when does it return. Trying to figure out when I'll binge it.
    Looking like February.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Just popping in to ask if Titans has gone on a break?
    There hasn't been a new episode in over a week according to IMDB.
    Is that right and when does it return. Trying to figure out when I'll binge it.
    Looking like February.
    It's on break right now. NO idea when it's coming back. I would assume after christmas, but at least we have Doom Patrol right now.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks for confirming.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

This season has been okay I guess. I like that they're acting more like a team, and it's not just the Nightwing show with the others getting in his way or off on their own stories - that's a big improvement. I like that they're not trying SO hard to be "edgy." Other than that it's still been mediocre, imo.

Astonishing Member

It's so, so. Dick is basically stupid but thinks he is a Dunning-Kruger genius crime fighter, world saver. Bored with the great sexual reveal of some character in every DC show. Who cares, live your love life on your own time. One problem with all the shows is their encapsulation of their characters in a world threatening crisis. Kal is away but how about contacting others with more oomph to take on a Trigon threat. No, we have to have Dick and some new guy with a stick save the day. Of course, I understand that cross overs on shows are constrained and having the USAF drop a load of JDAMs on Mommy's blood pit would be too easy.

Also, the great mystic reveal. Oh, I - here I am with some confusing prophecy that I won't explain about your destiny - yet again.

Astonishing Member

It's so, so. Dick is basically stupid but thinks he is a Dunning-Kruger genius crime fighter, world saver. Bored with the great sexual reveal of some character in every DC show. Who cares, live your love life on your own time. One problem with all the shows is their encapsulation of their characters in a world threatening crisis. Kal is away but how about contacting others with more oomph to take on a Trigon threat. No, we have to have Dick and some new guy with a stick save the day. Of course, I understand that cross overs on shows are constrained and having the USAF drop a load of JDAMs on Mommy's blood pit would be too easy.

Also, the great mystic reveal. Oh, I - here I am with some confusing prophecy that I won't explain about your destiny - yet again.
    It was such a minor part of the show and series. Do people get upset when a straight couple meet from the comics? Bored of any of the straight relationships?