Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

Is this a good show? Does each season get better?
No. And no.

Frankly, Titans isn't a bad show. It's a really, really mediocre show. There are brief glimpses of something worth watching, but then it falls back into the same melodrama and tired cliches.

The first season isn't good. It's slow, droll, dark and doesn't actually conclude anything. The second season looked to improve, at least to start. But the writers flush all their progress down the drain in the last handful of episodes. It's better than the first season, but that isn't actually saying much. Watchable? Sure. Enjoyable? Are you a masochist?

And the saddest part is that it actually can be quite good, when they get everything heading in the right direction. The cast is mostly good, and the stand outs are fantastic. But the writing is just too all over the place. The plotting and pacing both leave a lot to be desired, and when you hit the rough patches you hit them HARD.

I may be tempted to check out a third season if I hear truly amazing things, but I'm pretty sure I'm done after the dreadful ending to the second season.