Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Teen titans Go! or Titans

There is no in-between.

DC once again proves it learned nothing from the DCEU.
    or rather geofff jones didn't learn.

IMHO this trailer makes inhumans look good

I understand Raven being reluctant, hesitant, scared, etc. But she is super soft and spineless here, Idk man lol I just don't know. It looks like a high budgeted fan film.

@Robin

This trailer is the worst adaption of any DC hero to date, it's even worse than the entirety of ugly and disastrous fight between Batman & Superman in BvS.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

How long before Teen Titans Go make a parody episode of this? Oh, wait! They already did...

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Trailer:

:wince: Is there any way I can unsee all of that?

Would rather watch the newer Superman movies and Justice League movie back to back as a form of torture than this dark(er) fare. So glad they decided to not use Wally West. So very, very glad.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    How long before Teen Titans Go make a parody episode of this? Oh, wait! They already did...

I saw the first episode of this and despised it, never cared to try again.
    This however, this is gold.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

iMan 42s

I decided to re-watch the trailer and unpack this;

1. Warning of content: Not only was this not what WB is leading with and flooding one of its channels with, and a movie aimed at kids, the people who will be buying your merchandise will not be primarily watching this. Netflix has built-in buyers meaning that Marvel can put one of these out so long as its in the contract or if not, Netflix finds it profitable. Marvel doesn't necessarily lose anything on the deal because if it is good it brings people onto the platform, a platform which is a household name. DC universe is untested and appeals to a small group who are already looking for this content. This is not a good business idea to appeal to that small of a demographic, especially seeing as how the films keep falling in part to this.

2. They do not get the characters but most specifically, Robin.
    Robin:
    -stabs somebody in the neck
    -Snaps somebodies neck with his boot
    -uses guns
    -"**** Batman"
    -Was that a whip crack for the throwing star sound?

There might be some more context to this, but why is this in the trailer you are selling to your audience? Batman or Superman? Wonder woman? Nah, here's a pretty boy who kills people and says ****. This is Robin right? That guy people might know from the Batman movies, the thing people claimed turned Batman into a crazed Vigilante in BVS, the leader of the team on Teen Titans Go! and its movie? Why was this the first choice? Green Arrow wasn't that well known prior to Arrow when it came to the mass public but Robin? That's just overly dark its laughable.

3. Raven
    Raven is an Emo kid who can't control herself and speaks of cringy lines like "sometimes when I feel the darkness it feels good". She looks sad in the mirror and an evil doppleganger bangs on the glass with blacked out eyes. Raven seems to be the through-line to the characters coming together as well as what is setting the tone for the show. To the point the final scene is her screaming with blacked out eyes and the logo breaks the glass/fourth wall to the tune of "madness, madness, madness". So TT Go! isn't what the Titans are, Teen Titans isn't what the Titans are? What is it? Titans are a low budget version of what the critically panned and financially suicidal films are.

Who in the Hell thought this was a good idea?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

That was ... beautiful
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

BANNED

And they did it in January.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And they did it in January.
    What are you referring to?

Love to see Dick killing random thugs, very much in the spirit of the character

Raven and Garth looks okay, Kory looks bad

Weirdly Dove looked the best? Let's make this a Hank and Dawn show!

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Love to see Dick killing random thugs, very much in the spirit of the character

Raven and Garth looks okay, Kory looks bad

Weirdly Dove looked the best? Let's make this a Hank and Dawn show!
    That was an unexpected surprise.

BANNED

What are you referring to?
    The date of the clip. They made a parody of the new trailer half a year before it came out.

Well, at least the Broly trailer looked awesome. This?

Not only did Robin, Dick Greyson Robin at that, just kill a couple of crooks, but Dove, the pacifist of Hawk and Dove, straight up sliced some guys up, no hesitation. Raven, if she's just manifesting her powers, and I can give some leeway on. Starfire has become Firestorm. And BB, well, nothing much on him yet.

I was looking forward to this, but now, yuck.