Page 100 of 118 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1758
    Astonishing Member

Did they pull that version of the afterlife out of their butts? A train - where was Tom Hanks? Ghouls that eat your soul? Missed that in the Bible. Oh, in the afterlife, you can conjure things out of thin air.

It was an interesting episode with the usual nonsensical plot holes. I will miss Hank though. With Starfire, Superboy and Raven in play - we fall back on the usual - why do we care about Dick? Running around with cattle prods when you have real super level folks. He gets shot, Jason gets beat up and killed plus clobbered with a Glock, Tim gets shot - oh, getting shot is trivial on these shows - not in the real world. Anyway, let's move from the failed Bat Family and let the others play more.

I like this show. I want to love it but they make it very tough to do so.

Bruce trying to kill himself? Give me a break.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Admittedly not familiar with this arc and how exactly Tim came in in the comics, so if this works for people, that's cool. Just coming at it from the context of the show didn't work for me personally.
    Allow me to be clearer, I should have said I think it works thematically. I get what they were going for. I absolutely agree that the execution was subpar. I think the entire episode works better if they abandon the Bruce portion altogether.

But they didn't. And so here we are.

What does it say about this series when a relatively mediocre episode like this is one of the strongest of the season?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have many many thoughts on this episode. And I will get to them but first and foremost....suicidal Bruce Wayne? Cmon now....
    Same. Exact. Thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

I don't have the slightest problem with the idea of it. This Bruce murdered the Joker in his grief over Jason. He threw away everything he'd worked for, abandoned everything he'd sworn to protect. After getting some time to come to terms with that, I totally buy that he would just want to end it all.

My problem with the way it was done here is that we didn't spend any time with Bruce on that journey. So the writers didn't have to earn any of this development, they just drop it on us and expect us to roll with it. But to get from Batman to this really needed time, and focus. I get not putting Bruce or Batman front and center on your Titans show, I agree with that choice. But then you have to be more deliberate with your arc and not put his journey on the front burner like this.
    I give you props for giving a solid explanation on how you reconciled this action by Bruce.
    It still doesn't work for me because Bruce has lost plenty of folks and frankly due to actions and inactions throughout his years has caused a few deaths. Deaths he felt bad about.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So, Donna couldn't have used her lasso to help Hank across? ... okay.
    Same.Exact.Thought.

However we are to believe Hank was keeping the Ghoulish Soul Eaters at bay.
    We also are meant to believe that the Ghouls who dropped out of the sky couldn't just leave Hank and drop down on Donna&Tim???
    Are there a limited # of Ghouls??

So Donna comes back to life and the first thing she is able to do is find and save Bruce??
    The writers on this show require the viewer to do just what we've been doing thus far....fill in the blanks and/or just go with it. Sloppy writing.

No Dick, Connor, Gar, Kory or Dawn at all this episode. No Barbara, Jason or Crane as well since we didn't see Gotham.

Now, in the afterlife Hank gets to greet his brother. Longtime passed. That made me wish Donna could've had a moment with Garth(Aqualad/Tempest).

This is an enjoyable if not frustrating exercise in superhero television. Still, it remains much better than Legends of Tomorrow(in its current state). Comparing S3s to each other though Legends would win.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

I don’t mind Bruce Wayne attempting suicide. This is a pathetic, damaged and desperate old man; disgraced and broken from all the pain he went through and the pain he put those close to him through. This is a Bruce who’s truly lost - estranged from everyone he knew, and has violated his sacred creed to never take life. He’s lost his sense of purpose, and is too guilt ridden with the mistakes he’s made to move on. He’s truly hit rock bottom. He’s truly fallen, truly failed so Bruce trying to end his life worked for me here.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-24-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

This Bruce Wayne portrayal continues to be the absolute worst. It all stems from the writing room and this concept of doing the old broken down, murderous and now suicidal Bruce. Nothing good can come from that it was doomed from the concept stage and continues to be terrible every time hes on screen.

I didn't miss Raven at all. And now we are back to possibly having far too many characters on this show if she will be there eating up screen time again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    This Bruce Wayne portrayal continues to be the absolute worst. It all stems from the writing room and this concept of doing the old broken down, murderous and now suicidal Bruce. Nothing good can come from that it was doomed from the concept stage and continues to be terrible every time hes on screen.

I didn't miss Raven at all. And now we are back to possibly having far too many characters on this show if she will be there eating up screen time again.
    At least to me, in this universe (and maybe even in the DCU), an old, hopeless, Bruce Wayne choosing to end his life on his own terms is a totally on-point thing for Bruce to do. That said, the Grandpa Bruce Wayne isn't working for me either.

The cast of the show is too big but the ones to cut are all the periphery Bat characters. Is it really helping the ratings?

The most recent episode was the best one of Season Three. I'm glad that Donna is back. Hank does nothing for me so he can stay dead.

Ultimate Member

I thought Hank worked in this episode. I feel like this is how he should be more like when he was alive, rather than drawn out relationship drama with Dawn.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Hank works for me when he doesn't have Dawn dragging him down.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I will still mourn my Hawk & Dove spinoff that never was.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Was the Hawk & Dove spinoff more than just fan speculation? I can't recall now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I will still mourn my Hawk & Dove spinoff that never was.
    Eh, I thought the two were the weakest part of the ensemble, honestly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Agreed. I’m glad they’ve essentially been written out of the show as I felt they dragged the show down whenever the appeared.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Rachel.

Otherwise I mostly agree. But I think this most recent episode proves that the problem with Hank was more one of character voice than just the actor. When given something better to work with he did a solid job.