Page 103 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1758
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, none of them stand out as dragging the show down. I didn't really care for the *character* of Hank, or some of the choices that Dick has been making, or Raven's sulky attitude, at times, but the *actors* seem fine. I really am surprised at how much I'm enjoying the actors for Conner and Kory (and already was fond of Ryan Potter, from Big Hero 6, even he was just a voice actor back then), and wish all of them would have writing more suitable to their skills.

The only actors I don't care for, it's more that they don't 'look right' to me. I'm pleased with the Starfire/Blackfire actors, and the kid who played Jericho, but I do not think the kid playing Jason, or the girl who played Rose last season, work for me. (And even then, the kid playing Jason is doing a good job, I just don't feel like he 'looks right.' This isn't a case like the dude they cast for Marvel's Iron Fist, who looked fine, but didn't do squat for the role and kind of sucked.)
    I agree. The actors they've cast are all decent to good and are doing the best they can with what they're given. Donna is my favorite, followed by Kory and Blackfire has been a delight, even if I'm confused about how quickly she was redeemed and unsure if they're gonna go with a betrayal at some point...or not. I really enjoy Barbara's actress, and her fight scene with Lady Vic was glorious and had me flash to all the times Babs has kicked some crook ass while in her wheelchair. Ryan Potter's so charming but Beast Boy's arc is truly meandering and the inability to show more animals is so detrimental to his character. Oh, and the cannibal aspect...

I like the actor for Jason I just think he's kind of short. Especially when he wears the Red Hood helmet. He looks like a child playing dress up on Halloween or a short teenager cosplaying at a con. Which isn't the impression we should get for a anti-hero/villain/shoot em up kind of dude like Todd. Raven got on my nerves a lot the first season but she's grown on me. Same for Hank; by the time of his death, I really liked him and was genuinely sad to have him killed off in such a brutal way. It's nice he continues his hero work in Purgatory with his original partner though. Dove doesn't do much for me despite loving Minka Kelly and her costume is fire. They've done pretty well with Superboy though, even if he's conveniently held back from being his superself for plot reasons but that happens in every comic book show with a character that OP.

I echo everyone when I say I truly wish the writing was better. Better plotting and better dialogue is sorely needed. And give my dude Krypto more screentime. He's the absolutely best part of this show haha.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I have said from jump the dude playing Jason is too short, The RH/NW first fight just illustrated this fact plain as day, it looked comical seeing them go at it given how tiny the dude is.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Ultimate Member

I think Hank was good in Limbo. That episode made me think 'Why can't Titans at least be this good?'

This show just keeps getting worse. I will keep watching and keep hoping for the best but I keep getting let down.

So much potential for this show but they just dont know what they are doing.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Ultimate Member

Idk. It feels the same to me. The quality has always been questionable

I'm going to say that if you don't like the show at this point, there really is no reason to watch it. Especially when there clearly is a DC show or two that would be better suited to your tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm going to say that if you don't like the show at this point, there really is no reason to watch it. Especially when there clearly is a DC show or two that would be better suited to your tastes.
    It stars my top 2 favorite DC heroes, Dick and Connor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Same here I like Dick and Conner. The show COULD be way better if the writing improved. Not to mention a budget boost. But, honestly if the writing was good and creative there are ways to do more even with the same budget constraints. They just have to choose to go that route. I had hopes those would be the exact improvements they made switching to HBO Max....

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I have been watching this show from the start. Some episodes I like, some I do not like. The show is all over the place. Jason was handled terribly in my opinion. I do love the Scarecrow, just wish we could see him in the mask.

I miss Hank but loved the episode where he was in the after life.

Bruce trying to kill himself? Give me a break.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Incredible Member

It goes with the template for the show.

That the only way a Titans show could succeed was by making it anti-Batman.

I don't get it myself.

The big problem is that they don't seem to understand the characters on the show.

Ultimate Member

Anti-Batman yet in Gotham and using Bat-lore.

Tbh, I like most of the characters (except maybe Dawn), but Dick pushes it sometimes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Anti-Batman yet in Gotham and using Bat-lore.

Tbh, I like most of the characters (except maybe Dawn), but Dick pushes it sometimes.
    Dick's plans sound a lot like Flash Barry's or Smallville Clark's plans are that just utterly bone-headedly obviously the worst possible idea, and yet posed with clenched jaw (this is my serious face!) as 'the only choice.' They are just so blatantly to set up the movement of the plot and walk the character(s) into the thing that screams 'obvious trap!' or 'terrible idea!'

I roll my eyes that the writers couldn't come up with a way in which the characters could be *smart* and make good choices, and still be challenged by an intelligent villain or a complex situation. Nope. The villain's dumb and obvious, and the heroes only fall for his plots by stumbling into them face-first, because they are even dumber.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    This show just keeps getting worse. I will keep watching and keep hoping for the best but I keep getting let down.

So much potential for this show but they just dont know what they are doing.
    It's really never been better, imo. Season 1 was mostly horrible. Season 2 was slightly better. Now, it's pretty great.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well, if people like Dick and Connor so much, there are other places to watch them. Young Justice and the DC animated films.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    It goes with the template for the show.

That the only way a Titans show could succeed was by making it anti-Batman.

I don't get it myself.

The big problem is that they don't seem to understand the characters on the show.
    Most of this criticism is based on fans' own interpretations of the characters. A good example would be people complaining about Kori killing or her outfits.

Fans always like to think they understand the character better than the writers but they often complain that the character isn't acting the way they want not how they usually are.

As for being anti-Batman, I don't even know how you arrived at that conclusion.

Just to be clear, you don't have to like the direction this show is going with the characters but arguing that it doesn't understand characters whom even the comics can't keep consistent is disingenuous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Dick's plans sound a lot like Flash Barry's or Smallville Clark's plans are that just utterly bone-headedly obviously the worst possible idea, and yet posed with clenched jaw (this is my serious face!) as 'the only choice.' They are just so blatantly to set up the movement of the plot and walk the character(s) into the thing that screams 'obvious trap!' or 'terrible idea!'

I roll my eyes that the writers couldn't come up with a way in which the characters could be *smart* and make good choices, and still be challenged by an intelligent villain or a complex situation. Nope. The villain's dumb and obvious, and the heroes only fall for his plots by stumbling into them face-first, because they are even dumber.
    So what would you have done? And what does Smallville Clark have to do with this?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-05-2021 at 11:39 PM.