Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1758

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, if people like Dick and Connor so much, there are other places to watch them. Young Justice and the DC animated films.
    Neither of those are live action, which is the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Neither of those are live action, which is the difference.
    Should that really matter though?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-06-2021 at 03:39 AM.

Should that really matter though?
    There is no "should" or "shouldn't." The fact is, it does to me. Otherwise I could also just read the comics and not watch anything with them in it.

Most of this criticism is based on fans' own interpretations of the characters. A good example would be people complaining about Kori killing or her outfits.

Fans always like to think they understand the character better than the writers but they often complain that the character isn't acting the way they want not how they usually are.

As for being anti-Batman, I don't even know how you arrived at that conclusion.

Just to be clear, you don't have to like the direction this show is going with the characters but arguing that it doesn't understand characters whom even the comics can't keep consistent is disingenuous at best.

So what would you have done? And what does Smallville Clark have to do with this?
    The comics are a hell of a lot more consistent with the characters than this show is. They certainly don't countermand and reverse direction on character development done within the same issue of a comic but that is what this season gives us.

Dick absolutely will not break the law to save Hank's life with a simple robbery, but has no problem assailting officers of the law and breaking a super villain out of Jail in the same episode to trap his killer.

Kory talks like she hates and despises her sister who she blames for killing her parents and her love but breaks her out of her torture.

Dove is all team this team that trying to talk Hank into being a team player but goes rogue and Solis against the teams wishes in a heartbeat.

Hank is determined to bring Jason down. Doesn't trust him yet eagerly walks into a trap to save the guy from himself

Jason is turned by scarecrow because Batman doesn't care right after Batman breaks his one golden rule to avenge Jason showing he cares a he'll of a lot more than anyone could have thought.

The way the writers on this show put a plot together contradicts itself minutes after a part has played out.

Yes in comics characters change, they put them thru character arcs to make that change happen. Miller in DD had Kingpin learn Murdoch's secret ID. Break his alter ego carrier, kill the woman he loved, attacked him with everyone he could to break him and did. Then DD rebuilt himself

Mike Grell had Oliver Queen Cross the line and kill. Suffer from the guilt, go into a monestary to relinquish violence learn from the monks how to fight go thru so many things until he accepted the violence and came back.

Yes you get the occasional story where a writer is thrown a project he has no jjiwlof and no care factor and writes what he wants (Like Guggenhiem's JSA that was so wrong on so many characters, incorrect with even basic history for that matter). But then other writers create stories to explain or retcon it.

The thing is the characters in comics are still consistent within the same story. These Titans aren't. The writers can't seem to get it straight

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    The comics are a hell of a lot more consistent with the characters than this show is. They certainly don't countermand and reverse direction on character development done within the same issue of a comic but that is what this season gives us.

Dick absolutely will not break the law to save Hank's life with a simple robbery, but has no problem assailting officers of the law and breaking a super villain out of Jail in the same episode to trap his killer.

Kory talks like she hates and despises her sister who she blames for killing her parents and her love but breaks her out of her torture.

Dove is all team this team that trying to talk Hank into being a team player but goes rogue and Solis against the teams wishes in a heartbeat.

Hank is determined to bring Jason down. Doesn't trust him yet eagerly walks into a trap to save the guy from himself

Jason is turned by scarecrow because Batman doesn't care right after Batman breaks his one golden rule to avenge Jason showing he cares a he'll of a lot more than anyone could have thought.

The way the writers on this show put a plot together contradicts itself minutes after a part has played out.

Yes in comics characters change, they put them thru character arcs to make that change happen. Miller in DD had Kingpin learn Murdoch's secret ID. Break his alter ego carrier, kill the woman he loved, attacked him with everyone he could to break him and did. Then DD rebuilt himself

Mike Grell had Oliver Queen Cross the line and kill. Suffer from the guilt, go into a monestary to relinquish violence learn from the monks how to fight go thru so many things until he accepted the violence and came back.

Yes you get the occasional story where a writer is thrown a project he has no jjiwlof and no care factor and writes what he wants (Like Guggenhiem's JSA that was so wrong on so many characters, incorrect with even basic history for that matter). But then other writers create stories to explain or retcon it.

The thing is the characters in comics are still consistent within the same story. These Titans aren't. The writers can't seem to get it straight
    Literally all of this. Spot on assessment.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Yes, I agree with this.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

The thing is the characters in comics are still consistent within the same story.
    No they aren't. Even within the same story, the writers will randomly change the direction either based on their own whims or that of the editor's. This is not remotely an issue limited to this show and if anything, the comics are more extreme about it. Most of the stuff you complained about isn't even really an inconsistency. Hank wanted to stop Jason but didn't hate him to the point of wanting him dead and Kory for the most part disliked her sister until hearing the context of how she was treated.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-06-2021 at 11:59 AM.

No they aren't. Even within the same story, the writers will randomly change the direction either based on their own whims or that of the editor's. This is not remotely an issue limited to this show and if anything, the comics are more extreme about it. Most of the stuff you complained about isn't even really an inconsistency. Hank wanted to stop Jason but didn't hate him to the point of wanting him dead and Kory for the most part disliked her sister until hearing the context of how she was treated.
    Maybe it's just the execution isn't convincing.

Astonishing Member

Saw the clip for the upcoming episode. All I can say is that Jason needs to go to firearms school. He stinks. Try that dancing bullet dodging spinning in the air with someone competent and Dick is shot to pieces. Also, the cattle prods that do little. Give me a break. Throwing star like objects like birdies and bat - don't have enough penetration to take somebody down. Oh, well. Just watch the show.

lord almighty this show sucks. And this week's was just another stupid, non sensical episode.

Gar: I think the lazarus pit is the key to everything.

Me: Wait, what? WTF would the pit be--
    *Dick gets shot in the neck*

Me: Ohhhhhh OK....its the key to this latest nonsensical plot thread.
    Conner: Im bigger, stronger, faster than you, let me go help. Matter of fact, let's go **** him up and then go to the mansion where we know Crane is and **** him up too. Because...we can.

Me: Yes! That is logical as ****.

Dick: Hell no Superdude! Here's some magical kryptonite knockout dust for you and your dog, so I can go at it all by myself.

Kori plot twist with two episodes to go! That won't get resolved in a 10 minute exposition dump in the season finale or anything.

This show sucks on so many levels and as I have said the cast/crew deserve better than what they are dealing with. But with reports of high streaming numbers for the show, the bean counters at HBO Max will think the show is going along great and things will NEVER change.

Last edited by KabutoRyder; 10-07-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Mighty Member

So, first my good point about this week's episode: When Conner gets the Kryptonite dust in his face, only half of his face gets covered and lights up green. Great visual nod to his half Kryptonian status.

And yeah, if you're reading that and going "wait, that's the good point?" you are exactly where I am.

This episode was NOT good. The stuff with Starfire is dull, but at least builds on the Blackfire stuff we've already seen. But the rest of this was all crap, pretty much across the board. This season is flying off the rails in a really serious way, which isn't surprising or even disappointing but just more or less predictable. Ugh. I really should have given this show up last year like I intended. Stupid Tim Drake sucking me back in.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Here is a nitpick not yet mentioned.

Dick's retinal scan doesn't work at the San Fran safe house in S2. Here in S3 though it fully works to allow him access to Wayne Enterprises.
    I could get behind head canon that says Bruce took it out, then reinstated it. However, Jason had control of the system(it seems) if his retinal pattern was there, why not revoke it? Just to gloat...I suppose I could head canon that but dang'um one has to fill in a lot of blanks for this show.

Kory is healed by a bullet wound to the chest?? Hmmm

Tim, you have 4 episodes to get into a Robin costume....maybe not till S4?

The show pretty much has to have Dick take Connor out of the equation. Reason in-show, pride. Real reason, Connor could've ended this whole thing back at ep3 cause he's mostly Superboy. Superboy vs RedHood/Scarecrow, who are you going take straight up?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Tim, you have 4 episodes to get into a Robin costume....maybe not till S4?
    Four? There's only 13 episodes to this season. This was episode 11.

Astonishing Member

I mean we knew the rest of these episodes were not going to get better at this point. Let us continue writing Dick like hes an absolute MORON. It makes absolutely no sense why he wants his powerhouse out of commission. I need you to stay and watch the radio...and if you dont do what I say I will just kryptonite dust you to sleep instead? WHY? LOL what kinda sense is that?

The writers choose to have the Titans deal with a Gotham villain that Batman usually deals with alone. Then make a realistic plot for Conner to have to deal with so he just doesn't go take Red Hood out alone. Burn down a city block or blow up a bridge and have Krypto and him have to deal with it at the same time that Dick is dealing with Red Hood. That makes sense and spreads the characters out realistically if that is what they wanted.

The way they wrote this makes Dick seem absolutely incompetent. He continuously every episode gets outplayed and makes completely dumb decisions for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Saw the clip for the upcoming episode. All I can say is that Jason needs to go to firearms school. He stinks. Try that dancing bullet dodging spinning in the air with someone competent and Dick is shot to pieces. Also, the cattle prods that do little. Give me a break. Throwing star like objects like birdies and bat - don't have enough penetration to take somebody down. Oh, well. Just watch the show.
    The worst part of that scene is ok he does the silly bullet dancing. Then he gets shot in the neck by a rando?? WTF?
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 10-07-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I mean we knew the rest of these episodes were not going to get better at this point. Let us continue writing Dick like hes an absolute MORON. It makes absolutely no sense why he wants his powerhouse out of commission. I need you to stay and watch the radio...and if you dont do what I say I will just kryptonite dust you to sleep instead? WHY? LOL what kinda sense is that?
    Yeah, it's like Dick's idiotic idea for them to turn themselves into the GCPD. Simply having Dick say, "There's no other way" isn't convincing. It's just what the writers want to have happen.

This might be odd, but I think this might be the one show that would have actually been better with the old standard 22 episode season. Some of these plots would actually have had time to develop more organically, we would have had more time for other non-Batman characters and the emotional developments could have played out in a way that didn't seem so rushed or inconsistent. This show feels like if you were to watch every third episode of a season of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" or something.