Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    ...but Dove, the pacifist of Hawk and Dove, straight up sliced some guys up, no hesitation.
    I noticed that and found it odd too. Also, the edits there are wonky as it cuts to Hawk immediately after.

Freeze-frame at 1:11 shows a reddish/defintely not light blue cape doing the slicing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I get your sentiment but a trailer is what a studio puts out to convince me on their product and it's not my fault when it backfires. I'm getting DC Universe but it's not because of Titans and I'll give it a try since I'll have the service anyway but if this was a on Network I wouldn't be tuning in probably based on the trailer.
    You could get away with this if the show was on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Cinemax, Amazon or Showtime.

Because those all have stuff people are already paying for. I have Sprint and get Hulu for "free". Someone who uses Amazon Prime gets those shows "free".

This is what you are trying to sell for a streaming service. A service that offers a lot of stuff we can all get SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I have all the seasons of Static Shock & Young Justice.

As for being able to read comics via the stream-the book that I might want to read-I OWN (Milestone) or have easy access to via the library.

So why would I bother with that DC Universe?

Maybe they should have had more than Titans to show.

To be honest, that may quite possibly be the dumbest thing I have ever seen related to superheros(DC/Marvel) and I say that as a person who watched all 10 seasons of smallville and paid to see Jonah Hex, Green Lantern and both Ghost Rider movies in theaters. That trailer made clooney's Batman and Robin and Halle Berry's catwoman look like the Dark Knight in comparison. I mean the tagline that every one is taking away from your show, that by the way will be launching your streaming service is F*&^ Batman. OHHH... how edgy, I wonder what 45 year old hack writer trying to emulate how he thinks 20 somethings talk like, came up with that line. I mean F Batman really DC??? You chose to launch your streaming service with F Batman??? I mean do they not realize for this thing to work they need batman fans, he literally carries about 75 percent of the company and is pretty much the main reason that the lights have stayed on at DC for all these years.

But of course it is 2018 and so Dick Grayson the friendly, like able boy scout, has to be turned into an angst ridden morally conflicted anti-hero with no aversion to killing. The whole thing is so laughably bad that is was almost predictable. I was actually joking with my friends the other day about how the dumbest thing this series could do would be to go all dark, I mean deadpool 2 got huge laughs from the general audience not just comic people for mocking DC for being too dark and the brilliant writers from DC decide they need more darkness. They so clearly wanted to emulate the mature content from marvel's netflix shows but forgot that the reason the netflix stuff works is that it is well written. Giving the creative brains behind trash shows like riverdale the ability to make HBO style content is incredibly dumb.

I love DC they are my favorite and it pains me to say it but they are never going to catch marvel in tv(netflix stuff not agents of shield/inhumans) and movies because they have zero creative vision other than "lets make it edgy". As someone who loves DC and thinks their characters are far superior to marvel( who I also like), it is depressing that they keep tossing out stuff like this from the same creative minds who have failed in the past. Stuff like this shows that they aren't going to catch up to marvel and given what they keep green lighting and pushing for their characters they quite frankly don't deserve to and that absolutely sucks to say as a DC fan.
    Last edited by regg215; 07-19-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I noticed that and found it odd too. Also, the edits there are wonky as it cuts to Hawk immediately after.

Freeze-frame at 1:11 shows a reddish/defintely not light blue cape doing the slicing.
    But she definitely rips open this dudes face at 1:23...
    Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 8.17.33 PM.jpg
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    To be honest, that may quite possibly be the dumbest thing I have ever seen related to superheros(DC/Marvel) and I say that as a person who watched all 10 seasons of smallville and paid to see Jonah Hex, Green Lantern and both Ghost Rider movies in theaters. That trailer made clooney's Batman and Robin and Halle Berry's catwoman look like the Dark Knight in comparison. I mean the tagline that every one is taking away from your show, that by the way will be launching your streaming service is F*&^ Batman. OHHH... how edgy, I wonder what 45 year old hack writer trying to emulate how he thinks 20 somethings talk like, came up with that line. I mean F Batman really DC??? You chose to launch your streaming service with F Batman??? I mean do they not realize for this thing to work they need batman fans, he literally carries about 75 percent of the company and is pretty much the main reason that the lights have stayed on at DC for all these years.

But of course it is 2018 and so Dick Grayson the friendly, like able boy scout, has to be turned into an angst ridden morally conflicted anti-hero with no aversion to killing. The whole thing is so laughably bad that is was almost predictable. I was actually joking with my friends the other day about how the dumbest thing this series could do would be to go all dark, I mean deadpool 2 got huge laughs from the general audience not just comic people for mocking DC for being too dark and the brilliant writers from DC decide they need more darkness. They so clearly wanted to emulate the mature content from marvel's netflix shows but forgot that the reason the netflix stuff works is that it is well written. Giving the creative brains behind trash shows like riverdale the ability to make HBO style content is incredibly dumb.

I love DC they are my favorite and it pains me to say it but they are never going to catch marvel in tv(netflix stuff not agents of shield/inhumans) and movies because they have zero creative vision other than "lets make it edgy". As someone who loves DC and thinks their characters are far superior to marvel( who I also like), it is depressing that they keep tossing out stuff like this from the same creative minds who have failed in the past. Stuff like this shows that they aren't going to catch up to marvel and given what they keep green lighting and pushing for their characters they quite frankly don't deserve to and that absolutely sucks to say as a DC fan.
    I don’t think him killing is a big deal as long as it’s for defensive methods. Almost every known live-action Batman has killed, except the Adam West version from the 60s. Even the Nolan Batman got blood on his hands in all three films. It happens all the time in crime fighting, just ask any cop.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-19-2018 at 08:28 PM.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I don’t think him killing is a big deal as long as it’s for defensive methods. Almost every known live-action Batman has killed, except the Adam West version from the 60s. Even the Nolan Batman got blood on his hands in all three films. It happens all the top in crime fighting, just ask any cop.
    Except doesn't that come with unfortunate connotations considering how prevalent police killings are? Especially seeing as how vigilantism isn't a police sanctioned process. Because Dick Grayson appears to be an officer in this and he's just casually killing his opponents while mocking the guy who outside of movie appearances is a hard ass about not doing that. I get that the movies do it, but they are criticized for it because he's not supposed to.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I don’t think him killing is a big deal as long as it’s for defensive methods. Almost every known live-action Batman has killed, except the Adam West version from the 60s. Even the Nolan Batman got blood on his hands in all three films. It happens all the top in crime fighting, just ask any cop.
    I think the big thing with the killing is that in both this and BVS(which overall I like) show batman and Robin killing when it's not necessary. I think the Keaton movies had him do that as well but it has been a long time since I have watched one of those. I mean self defense is one thing but stomping on a already defeated guys neck is hard to pitch as "self defense". I completely get that if someone actually tried to do the vigilante thing that adhering to the "no kill" rule would be dang near impossible but Batman and Robin are supposed to be above that since they are vigilantes who act outside of the law and therefore hold themselves to a higher standard. All the "mature" content that dc pushes is so cliche at this point, any time they want to show that Batman or I guess now robin is in a bad place they just start killing people, it's cheap, it's lazy and it's out of character, the fact that the daredevil tv show is the only show to handle the "no kill" rule correctly is sad given how much batman related content there is out there. Also gotta give it to DC because the F Batman quote was just the cherry on top of the S#$& sundae that was this trailer
    Last edited by regg215; 07-19-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

I think the big thing with the killing is that in both this and BVS(which overall I like) show batman and Robin killing when it's not necessary. I think the Keaton movies had him do that as well but it has been a long time since I have watched one of those. I mean self defense is one thing but stomping on a already defeated guys neck is hard to pitch as "self defense". I completely get that if someone actually tried to do the vigilante thing that adhering to the "no kill" rule would be dang near impossible but Batman and Robin are supposed to be above that since they are vigilantes who act outside of the law and therefore hold themselves to a higher standard. All the "mature" content that dc pushes is so cliche at this point, any time they want to show that Batman or I guess now robin is in a bad place they just start killing people, it's cheap, it's lazy and it's out of character, the fact that the daredevil tv show is the only show to handle the "no kill" rule correctly is sad given how much batman related content there is out there. Also gotta give it to DC because the F Batman quote was just the cherry on top of the S#$& sundae that was this trailer
    I would wait for context of that scene. The guy may be on the ground could still have a gun in his hand ready to fire. I would agree that it seems to be trying way too hard to be edgy and that probably to show that it is extremely different from TTG which has a movie releasing soon.

Didn’t Daredevil break that rule at the end of Season 2?

I would wait for context of that scene. The guy may be on the ground could still have a gun in his hand ready to fire. I would agree that it seems to be trying way too hard to be edgy and that probably to show that it is extremely different from TTG which has a movie releasing soon.

Didn’t Daredevil break that rule at the end of Season 2?
    I can't disagree that context could be important, for all we know at this point it could be a dream sequence induced by raven or something like that. I will say that given what they seem to be pushing, this series and DC online streaming service as a whole is a big pass for me. I agree with you as well that they are trying way too hard to separate this from the movie, which I really can't stand because not only does it seem to be done with the subtlety of a sledghammer, the titans brand is going through a major push to the general audience to be family friendly and having a streaming service aimed at a more general audience go this far away from that is just a bad move in my opinion.(obviously the mature content is not avoided in the comics those have been more mature content for decades)

At the end of Daredevil season 2 he doesn't end up killing Nobu but he did act more wreck-less when fighting him and the actions he took could and probably should have killed him. In the end stick was the one who killed Nobu. What I did admire about Daredevil handling that topic is that a significant portion of the plot of that season examined the difference between Daredevil and Punisher and matt grappling with that the whole season. Also even if Matt had crossed that line it happening literally seconds after the love of his life dies at the hands of the guy he is fighting at least makes some sense, as opposed to what titans is doing which would be the equivalent of just having daredevil walk into an alley and kill a bunch of guys. Because of that the ending made sense to me where as this seems to be some stupid, lazy attempt to show "this isn't your dad's Robin" to the audience and that just seems dumb. Especially when they could have just gone with Jason Todd and it would make complete sense, if you are going to turn dove into a ruthless fighter who rips off peoples faces and have robin be a killer what the heck is the point of adapting the source material in the first place, there is a point where the characters are so far from who they are that it seems like the show is hoping to exploit fans who care about the characters rather than actually provide a story that fans would appreciate.
    Last edited by regg215; 07-19-2018 at 09:05 PM.

BANNED

Oh hell no.

Not the biggest Titans ("Teen" or otherwise) fan, though.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

DC had my excitement train going at top speed! I just read that Donna Troy and Jason Todd were also going to be on the show. There's a trailer!? Hell yes! Clicked play and my jaw started dropping to the floor. What did I just see? Uhh... No... just No. I pulled the all stop cord on this train and got the feck off. Brenton deserves better than that. I hope the cast and crew all had fun making it and they find an audience. I won't be looking back to see any more of that dark, out of character non-sense with bad make-up, bad effects, and meh costumes. 'sigh'
    Last edited by a moment closer; 07-19-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Incredible Member

Well, Geoff explains why the line is used in

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/20/titans-robin-f-bomb/

“The trailer shows a piece of the tone of the show — the show’s not all that,” Johns told Polygon. “But it does make you go, ‘Why is he saying [**** Batman?]’ If you look at when Robin first left Batman in the comics, there was a lot of uneasiness and him being lost. Titans is really a series about these different characters that are all lost in their lives; just like the greatest comic book Titans run ever, by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, it’s about all these lost characters find one another. And they’re all struggling with something, and Robin is clearly struggling with his past with Batman.
    “And we’ll learn a lot more about it and what that is and why he is the way he is.”
    Johns didn't seem to go into specifics on what Grayson's exact problems with the Titans version of Batman were, but that's an aspect of the character the show is certain to explore.
    “Really, the DNA of it is in the echo of the original series, cause it had so much drama in that and it was so revolutionary for its time,” Johns said. “We really wanted to lean into the idea that every Titan of these Titans is a doorway into another genre. With Rachel [a.k.a. Raven], it’s the supernatural and the horror, and the first season’s really focuses on who Raven is and how the Titans galvanize around her."
    "You can see that tone in the trailer clearly.”
    Just because it looks campy, doesn’t mean this is going to be DC’s answer to The CW’s Riverdale. Johns said Titans is “a little more adult” than Riverdale, and when Polygon pressed him to explain, Johns offered this tidbit.
    “Well, in a different way. Because it’s not necessarily a teen drama, more of an adventure piece.”

These guys were shooting at Dick. How is it not necessary?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One friend has a theory that with Raven , we maybe seeing pieces of future visions she has of these characters. That the Robin who kills someone is a future vision she has of Dick Grayson , as well as the others. That unless they "stop" what is coming , they will go down that path.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.