Page 115 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1758
    Astonishing Member

Yes, I really don't care about the love life in superhero shows. I assume people have sex lives. If I want drama about personal relationships there are better outlets. The love life of the DC shows can't compare to something like the personal drama of shows like White Lotus. So someone is gay, Yawn. So Jinx says Dick used to like her on top. Yawn. Have an R sex scene if you want to make their sex lives a big part of the show. That might be interesting. Robin in training announcing he kissed some dude - why do I care? Good for him. By the way, training to bring him up to speed with a stick is making the point of how ridiculous non-supers are in these fights unless they carry serious weaponry as compared to some martial arts crap. The Japanese gave up that crap for guns in the Meji restoration.

Watched the last episode - for training fighters going into a life and death struggle, they sure don't know how to fight. Shut up and finish off people. Carry real weapons, give up the Batman don't like this of that baloney. If you have distance powers, don't close with someone holding pointy things.

But what do you expect?
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 12-18-2022 at 02:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It was such a minor part of the show and series. Do people get upset when a straight couple meet from the comics? Bored of any of the straight relationships?
    Yes, some people do or are bored with it. I think most expect relationships to not be the focus in comics. But this is a TV series -- and relationship stuff is easier/less costly to write/produce than action stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It was such a minor part of the show and series. Do people get upset when a straight couple meet from the comics? Bored of any of the straight relationships?
    I think it depends on the show and the relationship.

Superman and Lois you're expecting the show to be about their marriage and family with the added bonus of Superhero activities.

But on Arrow Olicity turned into a monster that over took the show when the show wasn't about that.

Even on Supergirl sure there were Mon-El and Kara fans and Kara and Lena fans but no really cared about Jimmy or William and found the relationships as distractions from the larger stories.

It comes down to what the show is built around action or relationships and audience appeal of a couple. Because it can either feel like a wonderful little moment or a interruption of the story based on reception of the pairing.

I'm not a fan of the Tim Drake on this show in general. He was fine last season, but now he seems like a contest winner who gets to tag along with his favorite superhero team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think it depends on the show and the relationship.

Superman and Lois you're expecting the show to be about their marriage and family with the added bonus of Superhero activities.

But on Arrow Olicity turned into a monster that over took the show when the show wasn't about that.

Even on Supergirl sure there were Mon-El and Kara fans and Kara and Lena fans but no really cared about Jimmy or William and found the relationships as distractions from the larger stories.

It comes down to what the show is built around action or relationships and audience appeal of a couple. Because it can either feel like a wonderful little moment or a interruption of the story based on reception of the pairing.
    I hear you. But, those are more examples of simple bad writing. A relationship is nothing more than something to build the character around. Same as a friendship or partnership. The difference is how far you take it is it all consuming taking away from everything else about the show and characters? Then yeah that's bad.

But does it give the hero something to relate to the audience with, perhaps humanize them or give them motivations for being who or what they are. That's simply an aspect of good storytelling and character development then.

At any rate Tim is so basic here it isn't even worth the effort. I am so glad the actor had The Bastard son and the Devil himself show to be in on Netflix it is a way better use of him than this.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Tim Drake on this show in general. He was fine last season, but now he seems like a contest winner who gets to tag along with his favorite superhero team.
    That could accurately describe the Tim Drake from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That could accurately describe the Tim Drake from the comics.
    He was being trained by Batman at least.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He was being trained by Batman at least.
    Yeah, I think it just stands out more when they try to make him a Titans character and we're still in the training phase...that and they don't seem to know what to do with him in fight scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think it just stands out more when they try to make him a Titans character and we're still in the training phase...that and they don't seem to know what to do with him in fight scenes.
    Meat shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Meat shield?
    Basically. Dick is willing to give him a stick and bring him along on missions, but ... a costume? He doesn't deserve one yet ... but the costume is also body armor in this universe. So... at least give Tim some friggin' body armor! That's on Dick... and the writers being shitty writers. (but that's been true since "F Batman")

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've finished the first 1/2 of Titans S4 and the strongest episode was the first one with Lex.
    The less said about Tim Drake the better, he has no business being the roaming liability.
    Gar has had some good development
    The actor playing Dick has really become the character to the extent the writing has allowed.
    Raven and Starfire still just don't feel right but I accept that the writers just don't get the characters and/or know how best to incorporate them given the larger Bat-centric stories they've been telling and S4 is now more Supes-centric so they are just glorified extras.

Drop the rest so this show can be mercifully put down, when is that going to be?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Tim Drake's costume on the show. It's too busy for me but I'm excited to see it

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Tim Drake's costume on the show. It's too busy for me but I'm excited to see it

If nothing else, this show will be remembered for it's great suits.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

April 13th apparently.........

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia