Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1758
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This shitty show needs to stay away from Stargirl

Astonishing Member

Hope it isn't Dick and New Robin save the day by hitting super villains with sticks again.

Astonishing Member

Meh, why is Raven so powerless most of the time. Waste of her character. Also, Dick - take a clue from Wick - when you beat up guys with lots of guns, pick up the guns. Then stop the H2H and shoot the bad guys rather than the fisticuffs. Also, that new Robin - not convincing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Meh, why is Raven so powerless most of the time. Waste of her character. Also, Dick - take a clue from Wick - when you beat up guys with lots of guns, pick up the guns. Then stop the H2H and shoot the bad guys rather than the fisticuffs. Also, that new Robin - not convincing at all.
    Y'know what, this might be the one version of Dick Grayson where that could actually happen.

That town was creepy, especially with the use of music. Gordon Lightfoot again? Between this and Doom Patrol, is Warner Records his music label or something?

Something about those deaf people wasn't convincing to me.

"Dude, Where's My Gar?" was a lot of fun. Freedom Beast alone was great (and the way he said "The Rrrred"), Gar shifting into multiple animals during that fight scene, and then Gar using the Red to go through the multiverse?! So many Easter Eggs. I'll have to rewatch to see if I can identify some of those quotes. If anyone can break the fourth wall from our end, it would be Grant Morrison. Looks like we're finally going to get Cyborg and Beast Boy together.

Astonishing Member

Latest episode. What is Conner up to? Next, one of the great conundrums, what happens to the male organ of some of the modified characters? Cyborg - no sex life anymore? Last, Hint to Dick - ok, you finally get the magic knife. The slime dude is killing Raven. You don't give him a warning. Hey, leave my friend alone - duh, this is a monster. You got surprise, you use surprise. You are not the police to give him a warning. Even the police would have just used lethal force. Dick is a fighting putz.

Tim - when did he become a superhacker. That is so common is so many stories. Some good guy or gal - wow, they are all of a sudden a super hacker.

Ultimate Member

Latest episode. What is Conner up to?
    Continuing to be the best damn thing about this show, IMO.

It's so weird to have to do a double take and wonder if by 'Conner' they are talking about Superboy or the actress for Donna Troy.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member

I don't like that Cory is so low powered. Just reduced to standing around and waving blue light. I like the flying, super strong, powerful one of the comics. Same with Raven. She is just a punching bag. Waiting for rubber suit or CGI Trigon to show up, wander around until Dick hits him with a stick and he flees to another dimension, yet again. Or Raven yells at him: Dad stop it. Leave me alone!

Teen Titan Go Raven is more fun. Supremely more powerful than this Raven and her Trigon dad is also a fun guy. Teen Titan Go folks would wipe the floor with the Titans. Cyborg, Starfire and Raven are brutes.

Astonishing Member

Glad the series is over. The plot in the end was pretty stupid as was the action. No need to go over it point by point. Just childish, nonsensical drivel.

Why did any of you keep watching this show if you hated it so much?

Astonishing Member

Wanted some closure and curious. Just to relieve boredom on an afternoon with nothing to do. Read the news sources in another window, while it played out.

Ultimate Member

This show reminds me of Heroes at times. A bunch of decent actors stuck in a show where the writers have no idea how to write for people with powers. Rachel could have blasted Kory free in a moment. Gar could have turned into a gorilla and ripped those cables out in 4 seconds. But the writers weren't up to coming up with challenges that account for the characters abilities, so the characters have to stand around helplessly, forbidden to use their actual abilities, until the tension has been appropriately ratcheted up to level X.

The entire scene at the end was a made-up scenario, and not limited by real world science constraints, so it *could have been* crafted in such a way as to provide a challenge *despite* Gar and Rachel's abilities. But no. It wasn't. So they had to forget they had them and tug feebly at things with their hands, complaining about how hard it was.

I wanted to like this show, and it did have lots of potential. The actors range from great to fine, the costumes are pretty cool (Kory's purple and gold outfit is amazing!), the effects are, not terrible, but the writing. Oy.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-11-2023 at 05:04 PM.

Mighty Member

Well, it's over. And while it was never truly terrible, it wasn't often really very good, either.

The germ was always there. GREAT cast. But the writing and the budget always let them down. Still, they had the best hero suits in TV superheroes.

So, question? Conner gets OWNED by magic users at least three times this season. But then he's somehow a match for Blood at the end even though Blood is now amped up even farther than when he ONE SHOT Conner last week?

You could feel the lack of budget during the big climax. Minimal shape changes for Gar when logic screamed for them, almost no powers at all from Rachel or Kory. It really did a disservice to both plot and character.

But the cast works so damn hard. Even Conner in that AWFUL wig in the flashback and flying lesson. Rachel has always been the weakest actor in the group, but even she does her best with the character beats.

There was a better show in here somewhere. With more money and better writing. But even when it was being dumb and dropping the ball on payoffs or fight scenes, there were some solid episodes and arcs in here over the years. Rose Wilson, Jason Todd (excepting S3), Barbara Gordon. I never loved it, I frequently tolerated it's stupid in hope. But I think I might genuinely miss it, when it was at it's best.

Wanted some closure and curious. Just to relieve boredom on an afternoon with nothing to do. Read the news sources in another window, while it played out.
    I don't get the idea of watching something you hate to relieve boredom but to each their own, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    This show reminds me of Heroes at times. A bunch of decent actors stuck in a show where the writers have no idea how to write for people with powers. Rachel could have blasted Kory free in a moment. Gar could have turned into a gorilla and ripped those cables out in 4 seconds. But the writers weren't up to coming up with challenges that account for the characters abilities, so the characters have to stand around helplessly, forbidden to use their actual abilities, until the tension has been appropriately ratcheted up to level X.

The entire scene at the end was a made-up scenario, and not limited by real world science constraints, so it *could have been* crafted in such a way as to provide a challenge *despite* Gar and Rachel's abilities. But no. It wasn't. So they had to forget they had them and tug feebly at things with their hands, complaining about how hard it was.

I wanted to like this show, and it did have lots of potential. The actors range from great to fine, the costumes are pretty cool (Kory's purple and gold outfit is amazing!), the effects are, not terrible, but the writing. Oy.
    If it didn't satisfy you by the second season, I don't see why it would have by the final one. I just don't see the point in continuing to watch something that has already disappointed you. I at least get people who watched and enjoyed this, flaws and all. It's not like there weren't other DC shows people could have been watching that were clearly more to their tastes.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-11-2023 at 08:01 PM.