Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1758
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If it didn't satisfy you by the second season, I don't see why it would have by the final one. I just don't see the point in continuing to watch something that has already disappointed you. I at least get people who watched and enjoyed this, flaws and all. It's not like there weren't other DC shows people could have been watching that were clearly more to their tastes.
    And yet, Picard. The first two seasons didn't really wow me, and yet the third was pretty good. Quite a few shows take a season or two to get their feet under them. I was a big fan of Babylon 5 and Buffy, both of which had 'eh' first seasons, but really picked up later.

But there are plenty of other shows I lose interest in after watching the commercials.

And I am super-picky, a side-effect of writing and editing at various points in my life, so even shows, comics, movies, games I love have moments that disappoint me. I don't have to love every second of something unreservedly to enjoy it. Indeed, if I'm *not* noodling up bits that might have been more effective if done differently, then that means I don't even care about whatever it is enough to bother thinking about it.

Which is why I'll almost never criticize a reality show or a sport. I don't care enough about them to want them to be better.

Astonishing Member

I don’t know why but the final shot of the show made me laugh so hard since it felt like such a random and inappropriate note to end on.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Most reviews have been negative on the nonsensical plot points. What is it with these shows that the most powerful menaces get beaten with a stick for the win? There is Trigon, a multidimensional cosmic, climbs out of whole and gets whacked with a stick. Then the guy who beats Trigon, is himself beaten with a stick by a nonpowered dude. Oh, yes - always have to have a Robin, Nightwing be a viable presence when they should be a bug to the powered set.

All of a sudden, Starfire contains the power of 10K suns - do the writers know how much that is? Where was that in other fights, where she was easily beaten at times? DC writers never understand physics to a level that is a disgrace.

Gar can't unplug a cable but could Gorilla Gar do that? Oops, forget I could do that? Raven - just stands around again, pretty useless. So then she goes off to community college - those are great institutions for folks but isn't that a little light weight for her?

Starfire and Dick, oh, yawn - do they ever get it on? Conner - bought his wig from Walmart?

Why watch it, just because, like starting a book and it starts to stink so you read the last chapter to see what happens.

Titans is that show that had all the elements to be good and wasn't exactly bad so it kept the fans of the source material coming back hoping it would pass the finish line to good which it sadly never did. It's very much like Chibnall's Who all the chips are in place he just couldn't put them into the right places.

This clip kind of describes them

https://youtube.com/shorts/BURp-fHrsZM?feature=share

I was happy with it. Why? Well, Episode #1 put a huge smile on my face when Nightwing kicked major butt!!!! Us old people have been wanting to see some of our favorites on the screen for longer than some of you guys have been alive. These things mean a lot to us.

tenor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Titans is that show that had all the elements to be good and wasn't exactly bad so it kept the fans of the source material coming back hoping it would pass the finish line to good which it sadly never did.
    Yeah, I'm pretty much in that camp as well. It was definitely bad at times, but there were enough "okay/decent" moments to keep me coming back, as something good could happen at any moment since the cast was good and they clearly attempted to bring a bunch of the source material to the screen. The writing was the weakest aspect to the show, but they kept it just interesting enough for me to want to see how things turned out.

Doctor Fate from Smallville! Ugh, I had to look that one up. But I got the Harley Quinn, Joker, and the Superman the Movie clips.

As for the finale, I had mixed feelings. Uh, did Raven ever actually say "Azarath Metrion Zinthos" at any point this season?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    As for the finale, I had mixed feelings. Uh, did Raven ever actually say "Azarath Metrion Zinthos" at any point this season?
    I think she did at some point -- maybe,(or she just started to) but it wasn't in the celebratory/empowering way as when Cyborg says "Boo-yah" in "Doom Patrol." Btw, while I appreciate them bringing in Vic and the DP this season, it was a shame they weren't able to capture the Vic/Gar relationship (at least not to me) - they're just too different here, and didn't have that chemistry.

This show was weird in that it felt like a different show every season. It's like they tried to come full circle with Trigon and a new Robin for the finale, but it fell short. Dick and Kori's relationship wasn't even on again/off again, it was just non-existent. No appearances from Dove or Donna? Not even a reference? At least Conner got to meet Superman, and seeing some of them move on with their lives was somewhat satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think she did at some point -- maybe,(or she just started to) but it wasn't in the celebratory/empowering way as when Cyborg says "Boo-yah" in "Doom Patrol."
    Ah well.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just watched the back part of the S4 finale.
    • My favorite episode was for sure #11, with Tim and Jason. Tim is still woefully out of his league and if there were a 5th season I think we'd see him as more the Robin we met in the early 90s.
    • They only gave us Lex for one episode and that is a shame. Connor playing the dual role of going rogue and seemingly forsaking the Titans had its moments at least.
    • So Brother Blood just *poof* instantly has a costume and full blown Phantom of the Opera mask seemingly out of nowhere. Anyone else find it interesting that the actor was also a vampire elsewhere for years so him drinking blood felt very type casting?
    • I also agree with the Starfire powerup someone else mentioned. That caught my attention. Power of 10 suns.....then why is she ever able to be defeated? Does she not know how to tap into that on her own? Perhaps why it had to be siphoned?
    • It would've been nice to have had some mention of Donna, Dove or Hawk. I feel that closing scene at the rooftop table would've been the perfect place to slip in a few lines about going your own way.
    • Another solid highlight was having Doom Patrol in for a bit. Speaking of when is that show getting its back half of episodes, were they not filmed before the Strike?

Overall this show was a roller coaster of adaption and do it yourself liberties but worth the watch in the long run....if only once. I don't expect to revisit this show like I do some others but I'd tell a comic book fan to watch it once. Stomach the highs and get your antacid for some of the lows but watch it.

Series grade: B-
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

It would've been nice to have had some mention of Donna, Dove or Hawk. I feel that closing scene at the rooftop table would've been the perfect place to slip in a few lines about going your own way.
    They were the best aspects of this show, but instead we got way too much of the Batman family. It's a shame to see so much potential wasted, but it's over now.

Astonishing Member

All the Titan shows have had to much Robin, Nightwing or whatever. He should have been squished like a bug by some opponents but always hit them with a stick when the rest of the poweful Titans were out of it.

Astonishing Member

I'm okay with Dick, but the other two losers just got in the way of better characters.

Astonishing Member

The kid who became the new Robin was ridiculous. Out of the blue, a kid becomes a peak human and super hacker. IMHO, only Bats himself could pull off surviving in a super power environment. All the Robin, Wings, Reds - stupid. Hawk and Dove more bullet bags.

They are as bad as the short idiot Hawkman.

Astonishing Member

Hawk & Dove were metahumans in the books. Don't know why they were just athletes on the show, but they sure looked good!