Page 13 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Man, that trailer, the cringe is so powerful.

I don't know, i'm really not in the mood for some "i'm so edgy, so dark, look at me Bat-dad!!" emo teen BS.

God knows i love me some young justice and/or Teen Titans animated stuff once in a while but that? Pass.
    They should have put Young Justice trailers out first, since they knew audiences would pay for that.

After this trailer it's going to be a difficult sell for their streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

Who in the Hell thought this was a good idea?
    DC has some of the worse media representation of the character in the recent year, Batman and especially Superman ate the worst example of this. Why turning Robin into some edgelord who kill people and says f**k Batman that so dumb and wrong in so many levels. So yeah not really looking forward to see this mess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Geoff John's response is like a 13 year old trying to explain how deep his hate blog is.
    This is a major complaint I've always had about Johns. Basically, his appeal to a lot of people is that he rewrites his favorite stories from his childhood and just adds a bunch of decapitations and a whole lot of grimdark so they don't come off as 'juvenile.'

That said, his first 25 or so issues of TT is one of the only runs post the Wolfman/Perez era that I particularly cared for. Much of the usual edgelord stuff that I usually associate with the guy was absent, but of course he still had to have the new kid version of Brother Blood bite off someone's nose or something or want to do his mom (or both. Can't remember the specifics).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don't really see a problem with any Robin saying "f**k batman"

There is 0% chance that any teenager that's essentially been raised by the Bat isn't gonna tell him or want him to go F himself at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    I don't really see a problem with any Robin saying "f**k batman"

There is 0% chance that any teenager that's essentially been raised by the Bat isn't gonna tell him or want him to go F himself at least once.
    Like sure, the line itself can make sense.

But it's not just a line in the show. It's THE line the show is marketing itself on.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Boisterously Confused

The trailer made me willing to look at the show and see what we've got.

Astonishing Member

I think the response is fair. Titans was edgy for it's time and if they want to keep the same spirit of the show they need to modernize it as well. They want to do grim and gritty and serious teen drama, that's ok. It is the execution we're all concerned about.

That said, I thought Season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow was trash. It got better. Hopefully Titans can do the same. I do think Robin *looks* great.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    My thing is the DC Universe streaming service with all the animated series, movies, and comics would be something a parent might want to get for their kids and seeing this trailer could be a deal breaker.

I see this as a service that will appeal to comic fans and kids given the wealth of animation and for their first trailer for original content to be that violent with a F bomb to quote Tony Stark "Not a Great Plan"
    Those parents still can. A streaming service worth a crap will have parental controls or create an account for your children where only age appropriate content is available.

Well atleast they dropped Young justice to the Taste out people mouth. Double toasted has a reaction to the trailer. Basically say what alot of ppl here are saying. It's trying way too hard to be edgy and comes off as Hottopic dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well atleast they dropped Young justice to the Taste out people mouth. Double toasted has a reaction to the trailer. Basically say what alot of ppl here are saying. It's trying way too hard to be edgy and comes off as Hottopic dark.
    Yup. I just wish Martin was there. His input would be the cherry on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Those parents still can. A streaming service worth a crap will have parental controls or create an account for your children where only age appropriate content is available.
    Or they save their money and wait for the Disney Service where they don't have to deal with that, give someone a reason to say no and they'll usually take it.

Honestly, I had no intention of subscribing to the DCU streaming service. Now that I saw this trailer, I might give it a shot.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Or they save their money and wait for the Disney Service where they don't have to deal with that, give someone a reason to say no and they'll usually take it.
    Who's to say that Disney's service won't have this kind of content? A big reason they purchased the Fox assists is to fill their service with content. Fox has a bunch of mature IPs like Alien and Die Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    Attachment 68474

I don't really understand how you could flip through George Perez and Marv Wolfman's 'The New Teen Titans', and think 'Yeah, grim and edgy totally works...'

Perez and Wolfman did have dark material in the series, like Starfire being enslaved by Blackfire or Raven's origins; but it had a purpose. This just feels like it's trying too hard.

Even the Young Justice based Teen Titans weren't really this over the top bleak...

Attachment 68475

Personally I dislike the costuming, tone, and acting.
    The F-Batman you could justify to me since Dick WAS upset with Bruce during that time and the addition of Jason didn't help matters.
    But I draw the line at Dick Grayson killing people.
    I don't understand why in media, writers either feel like they need to give Dick Grayson Bruce's personality, making him more in line personality-wise with another Robin, or compensate for him being 'Robin' by making him much more violent...
    The only show that I've ever felt got Dick Grayson's personality correct is Young Justice.

I came into this after hearing rumors expecting it to be 'Inhumans' levels of bad, but this has exceeded all my expectations of just how bad it would be.
    DC, please don't touch Doom Patrol after this.

I thought Teen Titans always had dark/depressing stories. I'm talking Perez's run, Wolfman, Johns....they always had lots of violent scenes going on. Anyone who read them would know. It's the characters themselves who are energetic and cheery. The trailer made the characters dark as well....which is uncalled for.