Page 15 of 118 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

From the other thread (i'll just repost here)--

Waiting for kwings reaction. (also lol at him wearing a marvel shirt as he is a huge dc fan and tends to nitpick marvel a lot.) His reaction is what I thought it would be. (but not as fun as some of the other reactions.)

The comments reaction are worse.

The E in DCEU stands for EDGE.

Starfire's powers looks like the human torch's instead.

So he’s resentful of being trained to be a weapon against crime, so because of that, he decides to be a weapon against crime?

Ouch!!!! I just got cut by all the edge!��

You know DC's messed up when teen titans go the movie looks better than the live action series

How could they ruin this??? This looks like an emo fan-made low-budget YouTube series. I’m seriously so disappointed right now

Hey Kwing! Long time fan (since Arkham City Speculation!) The last time I saw something this edgy it was the Razor I was using to shave with! Seriously! Did they look at the Teen Titans GO! episode where they made FUN of the whole super edgy thing and use it to make notes? This whole thing just feels like some edgy fan fiction...stick with the early 2000's cartoon in my opinion.
    Read more

I've got a bad feeling about this

Starfire looks like a hooker,Raven looks like she will shoot up my school,beast boy doesn’t look like a beast, and robin. Ok.

to much red hood not enough Knightwing. and yeah Starfire just looks wrong

So they basically over corrected from teen titans go

I personally think they would have done better they stuck with a fun-loving action Teen Titans from the original show except live-action it can have action but why not make it like flash flash is exactly how he should have been from the Justice League cartoon but it's made into a CW Show with more adult action why couldn't they have just done the same with Teen Titans

I feel like it feels like riverdale being all edgy and stuff

Why cant we just have a nice simple dc show that makes the characters how they are??? Instead we just get dark versions of everyone? is this dc metal? I hope im wrong and this turns out to be a good show

Is this the real trailer?

As someone who read the Titans Preview in DC Comics Presents #26 in 1980 when I was in 14, I can honestly say I am not impressed. Hawk and Dove looked good, though.

Between this, batman #50, bendis superman and the new teen titans comic, I have to ask, DC who hurt again? I thought we were really moving on to more hopeful time. DC, did your girlfriend break up with you? Is everything alright at home? Do you need a hug? "

Ouch! Yeah this has "dcs Inhumans" smell all over it. The trailer so bad and the dark tone fills like a joke, like a mad mag sketch making fun of dark movies. It's batmans "bat metal" rap from lego movie. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Starfire looks fine when accessing her powers, but the actress is way too old and when she isn't 'powering up' she looks like a streetwalker. And no, it isn't because she's African American - so is Zoe Saldana and she's awesome as Gamora.
    Mmmm, I respectfully disagree.

Boisterously Confused

Starfire was supposedly a teen, so why they've cast a 30 year old is baffling.
    She's an alien. "Teen" may be a relative thing.

BANNED

Starfire was supposedly a teen...
    To be fair, she has never looked like one except in Teen Titans Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Mmmm, I respectfully disagree.
    I think Zoes a great Gamora. But isnt she like Dominican?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    To be fair, she has never looked like one except in Teen Titans Go.
    She never looked middle-aged either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    She never looked middle-aged either.
    30 is middle-aged now?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    30 is middle-aged now?
    30 isn't. What she looks like in the trailer is.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Zoes a great Gamora. But isnt she like Dominican?
    Her performance is fine, but I never liked her look. From body type, to hairstyle, to costume design. Also never found her to be nearly as badass as they say she is. She's serviceable.

Anna Diop had disabled her Instagram. Guess why.

https://mobile.twitter.com/badpostit...03702282899456
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-21-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I actually thought the trailer was decent. Not sure how I feel about Robin's character arc, or what it is implied to be, but aside from an overly dark aesthetic, I think the theme of lonely powered beings needing each other and Dick finding his place as a leader instead of a sidekick are a strong base.

iMan 42s

Her costume looks bad

Other than that I don't know what's wrong with her performance yet and I don't know if she even has a say in the costume.

But for the love of Khonshu can we not harass people online. Titans looks bad but I'm reluctant to say it has anything to do with the actors involved. People need a paycheck and are to be directed. They are not going to be a problem unless they are legitimately bad and we don't know that yet.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Amazing Member

Yeah... the trailer was bad. It looks like the whole "vigilantes" and not "superheroes" thing was what I was thinking, dark, excessively violent and nasty series that's full of angst because "being dark and edgy and angsty is cool" and all that junk. I guess DC really wanted to try to copy Marvel's Netflix series, but didn't understand why or how they WORKED. Oh, and Dick Grayson killing and/or maiming people, using guns, and saying "F Batman", all things more suited to Jason Todd, who, hilariously, is in this thing.

I'll still check out clips to verify what the show is like, but I'm not buying the service for this.

And when it comes to Starfire, why is she still in that outfit? I know they say she's just at a party and will ditch the outfit and wig after the pilot (but then again, DC does have a habit of lying now, don't they?), but that still doesn't explain this decision.

It's ugly. Flat out ugly. It's cheap-looking and ugly and they had to have realized that. They must have known this was a problem. And yet it was still in the trailer. And furthermore, they used that as Starfire's costume in that open display outside of SDCC. WHY?! Did they think it would be a good idea to use that? Do you guys want an audience? No, do you? Because that's not going to get you one.

And then there's the effects. Her turning orange when she uses her powers doesn't really qualify in my opinion. She's supposed to be orange all the time with green eyes. That's kind of a must. I know, budget, but here's an idea. Why not have her be orange to start, and then come up with some kind of device that makes her appear human most of the time. Same for Beast Boy. Yeah, it's a plot device used in the CW shows, and maybe it's overused by now, but so what? It's a solid solution and people would forgive you.

On another note, something else that bugs me is the age discrepancy between the characters. I don't simply mean the actors though. I know Robin's actor is 28 and Diop is 30, but actors can play younger. But from what we see, Dick is clearly a police detective at this point, which implies a certain age. Star could be in her 20s for this show for all we know, Beast Boy's actor is 22, and Raven's actress is 13-14, and clearly looks it.

They were all young adults and certainly not "teens" in the New Teen Titans, but they were all a close age range. As it stands, we've got a police detective, so, what, mid-twenties at least, Starfire who could be in her 20s, Beast Boy whose actor is 22 (but no idea how old the character himself is) and Raven, who probably will be 13-14. That kind of gap is just weird.
    Last edited by TricksterFox; 07-23-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Not very impressed by how beast boy looks also.

Well, i'm not very impressed by anything from that show really so far.