Page 19 of 118 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Robin is being the angstiest 20+ year old teenager and breaking common goons' bones and jaws and whatnot and saying "f$%k Batman!". At least Inhumans had the budget excuse.
    Yeah because being brutal and angsty is so out of character for a member of the Batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why shouldn't I pull that argument? I feel it applies and frankly it's no more nonsensical than calling her a hooker.
    Because it's a bad argument.

Person 1-"Man, that stuff looks so bad."
    Person 2-"Well, worse stuff exists."

What? Worse stuff will always exists. That is not the standard by which you measure quality.
    I mean, have you actually seen those costumes or is "nothing can be worse than Inhumans or Schumacher costumes" the land upon which you've built your house on? And by your own admission you haven't seen Steel so why is me using it invalid?
    This makes no sense to me. You're the one saying the bolded, not me. And yes, I have not seen Steel, and hence I said I won't comment on that, but I've seen the other two and in that regard I don't agree with you. I don't see what's the problem in that.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Because it's a bad argument.

Person 1-"Man, that stuff looks so bad."
    Person 2-"Well, worse stuff exists."

What? Worse stuff will always exists. That is not the standard by which you measure quality.

This makes no sense to me. You're the one saying the bolded, not me. And yes, I have not seen Steel, and hence I said I won't comment on that, but I've seen the other two and in that regard I don't agree with you. I don't see what's the problem in that.
    I said that it doesn't look as bad and Inhumans looks far worse. And again, the picture that was used to judge it was an out-of-context set photo which is always going to make a costume look stupid because of the lack of movie and t.v. magic needed to make superhero outifts not look dumb.

In regards to the bolded, no, you were the one saying the Inhumans and the Schumacher costumes were better.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-04-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Why shouldn't I pull that argument? I feel it applies and frankly it's no more nonsensical than calling her a hooker.

I mean, have you actually seen those costumes or is "nothing can be worse than Inhumans or Schumacher costumes" the land upon which you've built your house on? And by your own admission you haven't seen Steel so why is me using it invalid?
    Pointing at something worse and saying it's not that bad is never a good argument because you're not advocating that something is good or even ok just not as bad as the other and being better than garbage is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Pointing at something worse and saying it's not that bad is never a good argument because you're not advocating that something is good or even ok just not as bad as the other and being better than garbage is easy.
    Never mind that some of the examples that are trying to be forced into an "Apples"/"Apples" comparison are roughly twenty years old.

They shouldn't even be in the running. Never mind "About As Bad..."(which is giving that "Titans" stuff a break).

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that some of the examples that are trying to be forced into an "Apples"/"Apples" comparison are roughly twenty years old.

They shouldn't even be in the running. Never mind "About As Bad..."(which is giving that "Titans" stuff a break).
    Sort of like saying if you think Batman and Robin look bad in Batman & Robin, look at how they looked in the Batman serial in 1943. (Come to think of it, they looked better in the serial, more realistic)

Sharon Ferguson will play Starfire's mother

https://fandomwire.com/2018/09/10/ex...her-in-titans/

Sharon Ferguson will play Starfire's mother

https://fandomwire.com/2018/09/10/ex...her-in-titans/
    I see they're keeping the casting of Kori's family with Anna Diop's casting, although I'm curious if all Tamaranean's will just conveniently look like black people .

They can't get Anna Diop out of that disco costume fast enough .

And some more, with Dick and Jason.

Mighty Member

I tried to do a little photo shop of this golden complexioned multiracial girl to see what she look like as Starfire with the alien green eyes
    remember, Starfire originally had a golden complexion that was chalked up to being a Mediterranean tan by her brief boyfriend Franklin and was nicknamed Goldie by Cyborg

b8de08e30b62e6608a6ba843718c72f0.jpg
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Ok.

Jason is even more of a "Scratch Your Head..." instance than Kori.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Ok.

Jason is even more of a "Scratch Your Head..." instance than Kori.
    I'm guessing Jason being the new Robin will lead to Dick becoming Nightwing.

Seems like it could wind up happening.

I just don't like the obvious version of where Jason's story could be going. I guess they might just touch on the Jason has taken the job, and move on.