Page 23 of 118 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Batman is a killer on the show. It's the reason for Robin's falling out with Batman
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/...-in-dcs-titans
    Also Starfire will have a more comic book accurate costume as the season progresses.
    https://www.cbr.com/titans-starfire-...tume-season-1/

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    If this is the case, then Joker sure as hell should be dead in this universe. Otherwise, it's just "edgy" just for the sake of it.
    It always seems weird to me that the hero is perfectly willing to kill dozens of henchmen but always spares their leader.

Why does Batman being a killer automatically mean Joker has to be dead? Even the Punisher doesn’t kill every criminal he meets.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why does Batman being a killer automatically mean Joker has to be dead? Even the Punisher doesn’t kill every criminal he meets.
    If you are ok with killing but spare the Joker, THE JOKER, then either you're 1. world's biggest hypocrite or 2. world's biggest moron.

Could be both.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Could be both.
    considering the show we are talking about that very well may be that.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, Joker has enough henchmen that fleeing the area while MurderBats kills his helpers is an option for him.

Joker could have been pulling a Cobra Commander all this time.

If you are ok with killing but spare the Joker, THE JOKER, then either you're 1. world's biggest hypocrite or 2. world's biggest moron.
    1. Batman probably hasn’t met the Joker yet.

2. The Joker doesn’t confron Batman directly.

3. This Joker could be skilled enough to fight off Batman as he’s done in a few incarnations.

4. This version of the Joker isn’t as murderous as his modern incarnations and Batman kills in a case by case basis.

I came up with these off the top of my head. There are plenty of ways to have the Joker be alive and Batman be a killer.

2. The Joker doesn’t confron Batman directly.

3. This Joker could be skilled enough to fight off Batman as he’s done in a few incarnations.

4. This version of the Joker isn’t as murderous as his modern incarnations and Batman kills in a case by case basis.

I came up with these off the top of my head. There are plenty of ways to have the Joker be alive and Batman be a killer.
    This is so not what you were saying. You said "even Punisher doesn't kill every criminal he meets". This to me, implies that he sometimes spares them. Which means you were implying that Batman might be sparing Joker.

Even forgetting that, half of what you came up with are just contrived and makes Batman look kind of incompetent. "He hasn't met him yet. Doesn't confront him directly." Wow, just genius.

If Joker isn't a murderous maniac so much so that Batman thinks he doesn't deserve to die, THEN THAT ISN'T JOKER!

This is so not what you were saying. You said "even Punisher doesn't kill every criminal he meets". This to me, implies that he sometimes spares them. Which means you were implying that Batman might be sparing Joker.

Even forgetting that, half of what you came up with are just contrived and makes Batman look kind of incompetent. "He hasn't met him yet. Doesn't confront him directly." Wow, just genius.

If Joker isn't a murderous maniac so much so that Batman thinks he doesn't deserve to die, THEN THAT ISN'T JOKER!
    Not necessarily. You jumped to that conclusion on your own. My main point was Batman being a killer does not necessarily have to mean the Joker will die and as I listed, there could be a number if reasons for that. Him sparing the Joker is not the only one. Villains survive the Punisher for a variety of reasons. Sometimes they’re to powerful for him to kill. Or he thinks he’s killed them but they actually survived.

The Joker being smart enough to lay low and avoid Batman says nothing about Batman’s incompetence. Especially when Bruce has been fooled by way obvious villains before. Yes, villains preferring to operate with the benefit of anonymity and avoid repeatedly being punched out by the hero is genius, thank you for the compliment.

Not every version of the Joker has a triple digit body count and that includes the original version. The Mark Hamill version barely killed anybody.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-06-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Not necessarily. You jumped to that conclusion on your own. My main point was Batman being a killer does not necessarily have to mean the Joker will die and as I listed, there could be a number if reasons for that. Him sparing the Joker is not the only one. Villains survive the Punisher for a variety of reasons. Sometimes they’re to powerful for him to kill. Or he thinks he’s killed them but they actually survived.
    Then phrase your sentences better.
    The Joker being smart enough to lay low and avoid Batman says nothing about Batman’s incompetence. Especially when Bruce has been fooled by way obvious villains before. Yes, villains preferring to operate with the benefit of anonymity and avoid repeatedly being punched out by the hero is genius, thank you for the compliment.
    Or it's even lazier writing than usual to keep Joker alive.
    Not every version of the Joker has a triple digit body count and that includes the original version.
    And the original version of Superman couldn't fly.
    The Mark Hamill version barely killed anybody.
    Wow, really? I was hoping you wouldn't bring this up. Sure, let's take a kid's cartoon where the network literally didn't allow for Joker to kill. He just infected them with Joker gas, which according to the writers, was a fate worse than death.

The Joker not being capped every time he shows up and kills more people than traffic accidents is lazy writing. Ther is nothing lazy about villains consciously avoiding the hero.

When I start arguing for Superman not to fly, I’ll let you know.

And yet that’s considered by many to be the best version of the Joker, adults and kids alike. No ones saying that version isn’t the Joker and is proof you don’t need to make him a walking natural disaster for him to work. Hell, fans have been asking to scale back the Joker’s bloodshed for years.

BANNED

TAnd the original version of Superman couldn't fly.
    It took Superman a few years to fly.
    It took the Joker almost half a century before he even started to become the walking ebola plague he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Batman is a killer on the show. It's the reason for Robin's falling out with Batman
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/...-in-dcs-titans
    Why is it so hard for there to be a live-action Batman that doesn't kill?

You would think after BvS that they wouldn't go there here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Also Starfire will have a more comic book accurate costume as the season progresses.
    https://www.cbr.com/titans-starfire-...tume-season-1/
    I wonder what that means though. Starfire has had a lot of costumes .
    Batman's not the Punisher.
    Considering how long Batman has been doing this, I doubt it.
    Seeing the tone and style of this show, I would be very surprised if we get a Joker that doesn't kill people.

I mean, Jason Todd is in this show and that usually only ends one way...

Although Batman killing on a case-by-case basis is potentially the worst thing about Batman being a killer.
    But why not just not make Batman a killer?
    It wouldn't really be the Joker if he was trying to remain anonymous .
    Not every version of the Joker has a triple digit body count and that includes the original version. The Mark Hamill version barely killed anybody.
    On-screen, yeah, but there was always the sense that he could kill someone on a whim and probably had.

Fantastic Member

Why are we assuming this Batman is different than the JL Batfleck? Honestly, I could see it as being Batman began to kill as he lost his faith in the job. Lost his faith in hope. Dick didn't and removed himself from Bruce.

Just because this Batman is a killer doesn't mean he always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Why are we assuming this Batman is different than the JL Batfleck? Honestly, I could see it as being Batman began to kill as he lost his faith in the job. Lost his faith in hope. Dick didn't and removed himself from Bruce.

Just because this Batman is a killer doesn't mean he always has been.
    I don't think that would jive with a Batman who would take up a new Robin after Dick leaves.