Page 24 of 118 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not necessarily. You jumped to that conclusion on your own. My main point was Batman being a killer does not necessarily have to mean the Joker will die and as I listed, there could be a number if reasons for that. Him sparing the Joker is not the only one. Villains survive the Punisher for a variety of reasons. Sometimes they’re to powerful for him to kill. Or he thinks he’s killed them but they actually survived.

The Joker being smart enough to lay low and avoid Batman says nothing about Batman’s incompetence. Especially when Bruce has been fooled by way obvious villains before. Yes, villains preferring to operate with the benefit of anonymity and avoid repeatedly being punched out by the hero is genius, thank you for the compliment.

Not every version of the Joker has a triple digit body count and that includes the original version. The Mark Hamill version barely killed anybody.
    If he has any kind of Rogues gallery he's a hypocrite if he's just killing your average run of the mill criminals than he's just evil and should be the villain of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If he has any kind of Rogues gallery he's a hypocrite if he's just killing your average run of the mill criminals than he's just evil and should be the villain of the show.
    No it doesn’t make him that. The Rogues that are alive could be less evil and murderous than usual like Catwoman or are very difficult to kill for a normal human like Croc or Ivy?

Being okay with lethal force doesn’t mean being willing or able to kill every villain. Nuance people. It’s a thing that can exist. See Wonder Woman or Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Why are we assuming this Batman is different than the JL Batfleck? Honestly, I could see it as being Batman began to kill as he lost his faith in the job. Lost his faith in hope. Dick didn't and removed himself from Bruce.

Just because this Batman is a killer doesn't mean he always has been.
    There’s this too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

No it doesn’t make him that. The Rogues that are alive could be less evil and murderous than usual like Catwoman or are very difficult to kill for a normal human like Croc or Ivy?

Being okay with lethal force doesn’t mean being willing or able to kill every villain. Nuance people. It’s a thing that can exist. See Wonder Woman or Captain America.
    There will be no need for Batman to be killing if his rogues are less evil than other incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There will be no need for Batman to be killing if his rogues are less evil than other incarnations.
    I said the ones that are alive could be less evil and murderous. The ones that he’s killed are the ones that crossed too many lines.

If the Rogues look like this

I'll give him a pass if not and he lets them live but kills thugs, mobsters, and gang members hypocrite.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I said the ones that are alive could be less evil and murderous. The ones that he’s killed are the ones that crossed too many lines.
    That feels like a stretch for a killing Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If the Rogues look like this

I'll give him a pass if not and he lets them live but kills thugs, mobsters, and gang members hypocrite.
    What does how they look have to do with anything? Again, I'm talking about how the rogues act.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That feels like a stretch for a killing Batman.
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Batman's not the Punisher.
    Of course. And just because he kills doesn’t mean he will be.

Considering how long Batman has been doing this, I doubt it.
    Why? It’s not like the Joker is always the first villain Batman fights.

Seeing the tone and style of this show, I would be very surprised if we get a Joker that doesn't kill people.
    Fair enough. It was more a suggestion than anything. Though some of the early reviews seem to suggest it isn’t as dark as many believe.

Although Batman killing on a case-by-case basis is potentially the worst thing about Batman being a killer.
    How? It’s no different from Wonder Woman or Captain America.

It wouldn't really be the Joker if he was trying to remain anonymous .
    He’s done so on occasion.

The Batman Killing thing is yet another reason why DC continues to struggle against Marvel with Live action stuff. The fact that Netflix Daredevil and MCU Captain America are better representations of Batman and Superman than anything that DC does speaks volumes about how little the current creators seem to understand DC's characters. I mean who in the world thought that a dark gritty joyless titans tv show with killer batman was the way to go? Yeah I mean what a perfect way to launch a streaming service, because if anything screens Teen Titans, its excessive violence, f-bombs and turning characters against their core beliefs just to make it "edgy". Not to mention it really hurts the story because with the showing introducing Jason Todd him being Red Hood really has no point or drama around it considering that Batman will be a killer as well. I love DC but man they have got to get some new TV/movie people, we need a ton less Johns, Berlanti, guggenheim stuff because they have had a lot of time to figure things out and can't seem to get away from "edgy" stuff that falls short of expectations and takes a ton away from the story and the fans in the name of being gritty.
    Last edited by regg215; 10-06-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

What does how they look have to do with anything? Again, I'm talking about how the rogues act.

How?
    It was a comment on personality given that version of the rogues were silly criminals who rarely actually hurt people.

Extraordinary Member

JLA's Bat-Fleck and Titans have to be 2 different guys given that Bat-Fleck's lost at least one Robin already.

Of course. And just because he kills doesn’t mean he will be.
    But a Batman who kills loses a lot of the things that distinguish him from guys like the Punisher.
    Why? It’s not like the Joker is always the first villain Batman fights.
    I would find it very hard to believe if Batman has been doing this long enough and hasn't fought Joker yet.
    How? It’s no different from Wonder Woman or Captain America.
    He's playing judge, jury, and executioner. That's not who Batman is.

Wonder Woman and Cap have killed but as a whole they don't generally try to kill people, especially Cap.

And they don't have the vehement anti-killing stance that is part of most incarnations of Batman.
    He’s done so on occasion.
    But not often.

BANNED

But a Batman who kills loses a lot of the things that distinguish him from guys like the Punisher.
    I an only think of one guy like the Punisher, and a lot of guys like Batman.

Deadpool's not even American.