Page 25 of 118 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Deadpool's not even American.
    All that time to think of a report set and this is the best they can do?

Man I hope Reynolds takes the bait and has some fun with this

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

So this is getting good reviews on RT.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/titans/s01/

Incredible Member

Anyone know what time the episode goes up? I’m assuming we are only getting one. Here’s to hoping it’s a double length one!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    So this is getting good reviews on RT.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/titans/s01/
    Look at the average score. 6.36/10. That's barely ok.

RT is not good for TV shows anyway. Too few reviews, and they rarely review the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    All that time to think of a report set and this is the best they can do?

Man I hope Reynolds takes the bait and has some fun with this
    Yep.

The first thing that came to mind was "Man, someone got a check to do that..."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's playing judge, jury, and executioner. That's not who Batman is.

Wonder Woman and Cap have killed but as a whole they don't generally try to kill people, especially Cap.

And they don't have the vehement anti-killing stance that is part of most incarnations of Batman.
    We don't know the circumstances in which Batman is killing. You are assuming that he is looking to kill criminals right and left. When his decision of killing can be only in extreme cases.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Wonder Woman and Captain America have anti-killing code at some points on their stories in comics, but this changed.

Kon93

It's already up, and it was fine, besides everyone being killers or tortures.

This was... slightly better than an edgy fanfiction written by a 14 year old.

Just saw the first ep. It was okay.

***MINOR SPOILERS****
    My first thought was that they took Stephen King's Carrie and mashed her with Mathilda from "The Professional" and boom - Rachel/Raven.

My second thought was, "Oh... that's why they gave Starfire that look ... someone saw "Atomic Blonde" (kick-ass lady with mysterious past and agenda who speaks multiple languages and beating on stock Euro-villains) and just tweaked the color palette, but somehow turned the taste level way down. It also looks like this isn't her actual body, so I can imagine people freaking out if she turns out to be a ball of energy or space-bug or something...

Jesus it felt like Supernatural taking place in Rob Zombie's Halloween and written by a 40 year old who asked a 13 year old "What's Cool Kid?".

Also this Dick Grayson thinks his Batman is too violent and a killer (Going by Interviews)? Who is this Batman Paul Kersey mixed with John Kramer/Jigsaw? Because this Robin would make the DCEU Batman be like "Hey calmed down no need to be so violent.".

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Just saw the first ep. It was okay.

***MINOR SPOILERS****
    My first thought was that they took Stephen King's Carrie and mashed her with Mathilda from "The Professional" and boom - Rachel/Raven.

My second thought was, "Oh... that's why they gave Starfire that look ... someone saw "Atomic Blonde" (kick-ass lady with mysterious past and agenda who speaks multiple languages and beating on stock Euro-villains) and just tweaked the color palette, but somehow turned the taste level way down. It also looks like this isn't her actual body, so I can imagine people freaking out if she turns out to be a ball of energy or space-bug or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Jesus it felt like Supernatural taking place in Rob Zombie's Halloween and written by a 40 year old who asked a 13 year old "What's Cool Kid?".

Also this Dick Grayson thinks his Batman is too violent and a killer (Going by Interviews)? Who is this Batman Paul Kersey mixed with John Kramer/Jigsaw? Because this Robin would make the DCEU Batman be like "Hey calmed down no need to be so violent.".
    The more I read, the more I'm convinced to steer clear of Titans as if it were radioactive.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Look at the average score. 6.36/10. That's barely ok.

RT is not good for TV shows anyway. Too few reviews, and they rarely review the whole season.
    Most of the time they just review the pilot or the first episode of the season. The Orville vs Star Trek: Discovery are good examples.
    If RT had reviewed the whole season of each instead of the pilots I have a feeling the scores would have been switched.

Caught the first episode.

And have to say, Jokerz79 is about right on the money. Even Red Hood, for as edgy as he can be, will at least pop off with a smart ass comment. Here? Well, its like Dick became Bruce. No opposite personality kind of thing. At least for ep 1.

BB kind of worked, I guess. For the 2 minutes he was on. His little bit wasn't grim dark at least.

Raven, I see what they're trying to do with her, but not sure I like it. And her being so much younger than the rest of the cast is an odd choice.

Starfire, well, she's racking up a body count.

The series is duller (less colorful) than the DCEU ever was. A lot of greys and darks. Batflack would be like, "Why so dark, Dick?"

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

This was bad. Takes itself way too seriously. Not superhero-y enough. It's trying way too hard.

Astonishing Member

Starfire is a hot mess. I mean I don't even remotely like where they are starting her out in the story.

I really don't like the Raven actress. I find her whiny and wanted her to be killed a couple times.