Page 28 of 118 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Don’t really care about this because while New Teen Titans is one of my favorite DC runs, Perez and Wolfman didn’t crest Robin, Jason Todd, Beast Boy, didn’t create Hawk or Dove, didn’t create Donna Troy, and didn’t even create the original Teen Titans concept. Raven and Starfire are the only major original creations by them.
    He also named the creators of those other characters. It wasn't just Wolfman/Perez though certainly they deserve credit too.

I liked the pilot more than I expected to and am looking forward to more but Conway is right on this for sure.

Retired

Actually I think it was Gerry Conway who co-created Jason Todd, but as we haven't seen Jason Todd yet, I only named creators in my previous post for the characters we saw in the first episode.

Fantastic Member

I actually thought the first episode wasn't half bad.

Nothing ground breaking, but enough that I'll watch episode 2.

I liked the acting.

Starfire is still meh in terms of the direction they are taking her.

I can see this Dick lightening up and carrying some of his charm here soon.

Hope this continues long enough that we can have Tim Drake show up.

Ultimate Member

Default Titans Tv Series- Spoilers and Discussion

Maybe my expectations were very low but I quite enjoyed the first episode of this.

The major issues for me was some of the violence. Robin destroying the guy's face with the glass and subsequent brutal beating seemed a little unnecessary.

I'm most intrigued by Starfire's story though. There does seem to be a lot going there between the memory loss, her looking for Rachel and her merciless ways.

A look at Kory's and maybe Raven's final costumes.

https://imgur.com/a/sZ6raj1

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Came into watching this thinking it was going to be crap.

Was actually pretty good and was bummed that not more episodes were out. Thes Starfire bits were probably the most compelling.
    I'm in the same boat. I was 90% sure it was gonna be crap, and then it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt this was a deliberate snub to Wolfman and Perez.

I think Wolfman was invited onto the set and was at the premier.
    Now that you mentioned premier, I've noticed that DC seems to have invited basically everyone that is remotely related to the Teen Titans to the premier. Even Gabriel Picolo was invited.

Anyway, I was searching about the cast, and I saw that the girl who plays Raven is 14 and the guy who plays Beast Boy is 23, so hopefully they're not going to make their characters be romantically involved? I was thought that Raven x Beast Boy was lame and random.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-17-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Starfire's hair definitely looks a lot better, and Raven has her forehead gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Scratching my head at this one. It's ok, but I feel like they don't really know how to work with her beauty?

This show is presented too realistically for the characters they are using, except Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    This show is presented too realistically for the characters they are using, except Robin.
    I haven't seen it, but the vibes I'm getting from this thread feel an awful lot like Defenders, which I'm just seeing for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I haven't seen it, but the vibes I'm getting from this thread feel an awful lot like Defenders, which I'm just seeing for the first time.
    It feels like someone said "I want to do a Justice League Dark show?" and DC/WB said no but they could have the Titans and they went forward without changing most of the concept because of Raven and her connection to the Supernatural. The look of the show and Tone is slightly like if Supernatural was trying to be Rob Zombie film while still on the CW. As for costumes it was like they blew the wardrobe budget on Robin, Hawk, and Dove and then went to Party City for the rest.

It's really weird show where there are moments where I'm genuinely drawn in and then a second later laughing at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It feels like someone said "I want to do a Justice League Dark show?" and DC/WB said no but they could have the Titans and they went forward without changing most of the concept because of Raven and her connection to the Supernatural. The look of the show and Tone is slightly like if Supernatural was trying to be Rob Zombie film while still on the CW. As for costumes it was like they blew the wardrobe budget on Robin, Hawk, and Dove and then went to Party City for the rest.

It's really weird show where there are moments where I'm genuinely drawn in and then a second later laughing at the show.
    I'm kind of feeling the same. The best thing about the show is, it makes me want to know what happens next. But there is so little stuff that's genuinely good. And the violence, ugh. Deadpool would probably think these guys are being too excessive. Bad CGI blood doesn't help at all.

Astonishing Member

Hawk and Dove episode

Kind of a turn from the premiere. Only focused on Hawk and Dove's little story and their history with Dick. (whiny Raven in tow) Dick's contact list on his phone this episode was kind of cool seeing other heroes on there.

Anyway, I think I could like Grayson a little if they go into why he's all bitter with Bruce. It's the most interesting thing about him I think. I would have appreciated him talking with Alfred a bit more getting some background there.

Hawk and Dove I mean whatever other than the action scenes I wasn't that invested.

This whole Raven plot needs to speed up already and we are only 2 episodes in. I think to me personally it is just the actress maybe. I don't feel any sympathy for her delivery. Shes supposed to be suffering and sympathetic...she lost her mommy she killed a guy, she's tortured by her inner demon blah blah.

On paper you should care and she should be the sympathetic character you care about I guess. But, the actress is not selling me. If they are going to focus on her so much they need to move her faster into having control maybe it can be better.

I can't believe more DC fans aren't talking about this show.

I was hoping against hope it wouldn't be horrible and I found the first episode to be surprisingly okay. But I loved the Hawk and Dove episode! The main feeling I get from this series is that the creators and the characters are all finding their way to one another; it feels unlike any other show that way. The show seems to be maturing as the characters do. And now I'm actually hopeful about it, as in I'm starting to feel like it could turn into something special.

And the RT score is not bad at all, though I see it's essentially 6.6/10 more than its actual score of 84%.

Unfortunately, given the way DC's recent movies have gone and the way fans have been dissing this show since the trailer came out with F Batman, 84% is a heck of a win. I was girding myself for something "splatty" for sure and maybe something legendarily bad, like in the 10% region.

This is not a bad show! That should almost be their marketing campaign. Because it doesn't really seem like anybody else is watching. And fan support seems way low based on negative views people formed before seeing any of the actual episodes.

It's not terrible and it might even be getting good.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I thought the first episode was pretty good, and then the second episode really surprised me. I wish they would release the whole series so I could binge watch it.