Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 878
  1. #31
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Also if they do the Nightwing film it leaves any confusing out Robin on TV Nightwing in films.
    I think that ship sailed when they had a TV Flash & Superman and a movie Flash & Superman at the same time.

  2. #32
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Well, this is certainly exciting news!

    I had no idea they were going to actually feature Robin on the show, so its great to see the picture unexpectedly popping up all over the web.

    I wouldn't mind if they spent even a whole season (or two) with Dick as Robin and took their time with the Nightwing transition. Its worth noting that even in the comics, Dick spent quiet a bit of time as Robin in the NTT. In fact, if the facts given in he 'Robin: A Celebration of 75 Years' trade are to be believed, the change to Nightwing was really prompted by the Batman titles laying claim to the Robin mantle, forcing the NTT guys to create a new mantle for Dick Grayson.

  3. #33
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    I just don't want to get this via a special streaming service. I understand what everyone is trying to do with this stuff. If I was in the business I probably would to. Still don't like it.

  4. #34
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they spent even a whole season (or two) with Dick as Robin and took their time with the Nightwing transition. Its worth noting that even in the comics, Dick spent quiet a bit of time as Robin in the NTT. In fact, if the facts given in he 'Robin: A Celebration of 75 Years' trade are to be believed, the change to Nightwing was really prompted by the Batman titles laying claim to the Robin mantle, forcing the NTT guys to create a new mantle for Dick Grayson.
    This is true! At the time, Grayson was more of a Titans property - and with reason, given that NTT saved DC Comics - but the Batman editorial office had the rights to the name 'Robin' before Wolfman and Perez did, and they wanted to introduce a new one, so they had to figure out something to do with Dick and ultimately he became Nightwing while Jason Todd was created to be Robin.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  5. #35
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    840

    Default

    TITANS TV Series Seemingly Looking To Cast Bruce Wayne And A Young Dick Grayson

    New character breakdowns for the upcoming Titans TV series have surfaced and they point to us spending time with Bruce Wayne and a young Dick Grayson or possibly even another version of Robin...

    More character breakdowns for Titans have surfaced today and it appears as if Warner Bros. is looking to cast a couple of major roles in the form of Bruce Wayne and a young Dick Grayson. Are we going to get a flashback to Nightwing's time as Robin, the night his parents were murdered, or possibly even meet another Robin in the form of Jason Todd or Tim Drake? Any one of those seems feasible!

    "[YOUNG JOHN CROSSLAND] Male, Caucasian, To play 10-13, athletic, lean, approximately 5’0″ and not afraid of heights," reads the first character breakdown. "Please list height on submission. RECURRING GUEST STAR." If we are going to spend time with a young Dick or another Robin, Bruce Wayne/Batman won't be too far behind and that's hinted at in the second of these breakdowns.

    "[DAVE STORY] Male, mid 30s-40s, Caucasian. The downfalls of others only make this man stronger. Polished. Unwavering. Think a young Jack Nicholson. RECURRING GUEST STAR." That has all the makings of a Bruce Wayne type but the comparison to Jack Nicholson is extremely interesting and could point to this actually being a villain.
    Source
    Last edited by Beantownbrown; 12-13-2017 at 05:30 PM.

  6. #36
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    TITANS TV Series Seemingly Looking To Cast Bruce Wayne And A Young Dick Grayson



    Source
    I think that description for the older gentleman is more likely Tony Zucco then Bruce Wayne.

  7. #37
    Fantastic Member Reservoir Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    BK's Finest
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Titans finished filming




  8. #38
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This is true! At the time, Grayson was more of a Titans property - and with reason, given that NTT saved DC Comics - but the Batman editorial office had the rights to the name 'Robin' before Wolfman and Perez did, and they wanted to introduce a new one, so they had to figure out something to do with Dick and ultimately he became Nightwing while Jason Todd was created to be Robin.
    Just as NTT was picking up steam (about 1981-1982), the Bat-comics reassembled the Dynamic Duo. They'd been on the outs for a couple of years before. I didn't know the office politics. It makes sense that the Bat-office wanted a free hand, but I can see also why Wolfman and Perez were given leeway to keep Grayson . He was part of the overlapping triads the Wolfman envisioned as the theme of NTT.

  9. #39
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Titans finished filming



    Costume looks good. But it also looks photoshopped to hell, so kinda hard to tell how it will play on tv.

  10. #40
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Costume looks good. But it also looks photoshopped to hell, so kinda hard to tell how it will play on tv.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. "It looks awesome! Wait a minute, it looks a bit too awesome."

    Also, I'm not sure how long he'll keep Robin costume if he's going to become Nightwing. Or will they save it for second season?
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 06-28-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  11. #41
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,117

    Default

    Is it just me, or is Robin wearing ninja boots?

  12. #42
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Also, I'm not sure how long he'll keep Robin costume if he's going to become Nightwing. Or will they save it for second season?
    I'm guessing once Dick becomes Nightwing they'll give the Robin suit to Jason Todd.

  13. #43
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Is it just me, or is Robin wearing ninja boots?
    Appears that way

  14. #44
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Is it just me, or is Robin wearing ninja boots?
    Wasn't that the way they drew Tim's boots in the first mini-series they gave him?

  15. #45
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    They should always start with Robin. Grayson’s big arc in the Titans is his transition from Robin to Nightwing. If I were them I’d start the 2nd or third season with Dick Grayson giving up the Robin identity and just being in his civilian identity for half of the season until a big two or three episode Judas Contract finale.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •