Page 31 of 118 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Mixed feelings about the show, especially the violence and Dick's humorless characterization, but the 2nd episode felt more mature. Hawk and Dove were endearing and Raven's powers as an Empath are having consequences. Jury's out on Starfire. I will continue to watch with caution.
    I am trying to think of this as an Elseworld show to avoid feeling disappointment.
    Right now, I am on the fence about this show but leaning positive.
    I need to watch three more shows to see if I like it.

I like Robin, but I am not sure about Starfire.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Ultimate Member

The show isn't bad, it's just a little too try hardy.

The F-bombs, the CGI blood (which looks pretty terrible) and the overall violence. I mean, come on, stabbing a men in his testicles, blinding that guy with the R symbol e.t.c. It's too much and there's no escalation, it's just "once there's action, there's blood EVERYWHERE!".

As an aside, Dove had more chemistry with Robin than her own boyfriend (or man friend).
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-25-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

The acting on this show is surprisingly good.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The show isn't bad, it's just a little too try hardy.

The F-bombs, the CGI blood (which looks pretty terrible) and the overall violence. I mean, come on, stabbing a men in his testicles, blinding that guy with the R symbol e.t.c. It's too much and there's no escalation, it's just "once there's action, there's blood EVERYWHERE!".

As an aside, Dove had more chemistry with Robin than her own boyfriend (or man friend).
    Yeah I agree. And on the last point, I think that's the intention.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I got the feeling from her interactions with Robin that the only reason she's even with Hawk is because Robin wouldn't stick around

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

In my opinion the HAWK & DOVE uniforms are the best I have seen on any DC series.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I got the feeling from her interactions with Robin that the only reason she's even with Hawk is because Robin wouldn't stick around
    That's the idea they were going for.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

So tonights Origin's episode.

Dick's story is working for me so far. I like the connections back to Gotham, I like how they are broaching the relationship with Bruce and hopefully getting into what soured it. I mean the shadowy bits showing Bruce and like the back of his head and stuff was kinda weird....rather than getting an actual Bruce actor to interact with. But, that works storyline wise for me.

Starfire.....again I know they are playing with the amnesia bit and hopefully it has an actual payoff that will make us say oh and she really becomes more of an actual Starfire we can remotely connect to the comics. But, right now she flat out isn't Koriander, and I need her to change out of that tacky hooker outfit IMMEDIATELY. I mean damn, she is with Dick now give that girl some money go to the damn mall.

I like the crazy nutjob dude that was talking about Trigon coming to cleanse the world he has potential as a middleman to the big bad.

Beast boy barely got lines but his interaction with raven almost made her tolerable because of the "omg Gar is talking to Raven" feels.

This show has stuff to work with that can make it "good" imo. But, can they do it? If they don't actually do something to make Starfire recognizable to me as actual Kori its a fail for me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    So tonights Origin's episode.

Dick's story is working for me so far. I like the connections back to Gotham, I like how they are broaching the relationship with Bruce and hopefully getting into what soured it. I mean the shadowy bits showing Bruce and like the back of his head and stuff was kinda weird....rather than getting an actual Bruce actor to interact with. But, that works storyline wise for me.

Starfire.....again I know they are playing with the amnesia bit and hopefully it has an actual payoff that will make us say oh and she really becomes more of an actual Starfire we can remotely connect to the comics. But, right now she flat out isn't Koriander, and I need her to change out of that tacky hooker outfit IMMEDIATELY. I mean damn, she is with Dick now give that girl some money go to the damn mall.

I like the crazy nutjob dude that was talking about Trigon coming to cleanse the world he has potential as a middleman to the big bad.

Beast boy barely got lines but his interaction with raven almost made her tolerable because of the "omg Gar is talking to Raven" feels.

This show has stuff to work with that can make it "good" imo. But, can they do it? If they don't actually do something to make Starfire recognizable to me as actual Kori its a fail for me.

I watched Titans, episode 3. I am still not feelin this Starfire....I am sorry...I'm keeping an open mind, but this doesn't seem like Starfire at all.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'll settle for Kory getting a different outfit. The hooker clothes gotta go.

I look forward to the Doom Patrol next episode.

I don't like this Kori. It doesn't even have anything to do with it not being like the comics. I just don't think this version is a good or likeable character at all. Maybe it changes after all the amnesia nonsense is over, but I won't hold my breath for that.

Dick's "backstory" was meh. Angry angsty kid wants revenge. How more cliche can you get? It's so weird they don't properly show Bruce.

So Beastboy hasn't done a single thing of note as of yet.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 10-27-2018 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    In my opinion the HAWK & DOVE uniforms are the best I have seen on any DC series.
    I agree--they're beautiful! I'd love to see H&D in a series of their own too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Meanwhile, CBR is reporting Chris McKay as saying that the Nightwing movie is still on, but people will have to "wait." Make of that what you will. I am wondering if they aren't waiting to see how the first season of Titans goes over. Brenton Thwaites already has quite a bit of movie experience, and so do some of the rest of the cast. If Robin transforms into Nightwing at the end of the season, as some are speculating, they might transition Thwaites directly into a Nightwing movie, or else transform the Nightwing movie into a Titans movie.
    Probably the right move. The guy's good. Never heard of him before the show, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Probably the right move. The guy's good. Never heard of him before the show, either.
    He was in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and Gods of Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    He was in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and Gods of Egypt.
    No wonder. Didn't watch those movies, and likely never will.