Page 37 of 118 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    That is ridiculous. Even the sex scene showed Dick showering at least before. She has literally been wearing that musty coat and outfit and fighting in it for a week straight.
    And Rachel and Dick have been wearing the same outfit for a week yet it's only Kory that needs to change for hygienic purposes? WHat makes yout hink she hasn't taken a shower herself?

So many opportunities to change.
    Like when? Between avoiding the police, looking for and finding Rachel and now whatever organization is after her Dick, Gar and Rachel when would she have time to change?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The only person he knows she's killed is first "Dad" of the Nuclear Family and that was to save Rachel.

How? Dick's not attracted to her just because she's attracted to him and they'd just met. At least he's spent some time with Kory.
    He's attracted to neither of them. He and Kory had shown absolute zero interest in each other sexually or romantically or friends or barely even allies. They only show that literally when their faces are two inches apart. Kory has amnesia, she doesn't even know who she is, she sound like a quarter-psycho from what Dick has seen of her. That whole sex scene had zero build-up. At least the motel lady showed interest in Dick from the start. As far as casual sex goes, she made much more sense narratively speaking.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    He's attracted to neither of them. He and Kory had shown absolute zero interest in each other sexually or romantically or friends or barely even allies. They only show that literally when their faces are two inches apart. Kory has amnesia, she doesn't even know who she is, she sound like a quarter-psycho from what Dick has seen of her. That whole sex scene had zero build-up. At least the motel lady showed interest in Dick from the start. As far as casual sex goes, she made much more sense narratively speaking.
    She wasn't too bad looking either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And Rachel and Dick have been wearing the same outfit for a week yet it's only Kory that needs to change for hygienic purposes? WHat makes yout hink she hasn't taken a shower herself?

Like when? Between avoiding the police, looking for and finding Rachel and now whatever organization is after her Dick, Gar and Rachel when would she have time to change?
    She was in the same motel that Dick was in WITH him. And he showered. Dick has been in and out of costume several times and we know he has changed. She was at the convent and she could have changed there when they said make yourself comfortable. All that time that passed from when she burned the mob guy or whatever wearing the same hooker outfit and fighting in it is ridiculous.

Its a bad production, writing decision imo. Not only is it ugly and tacky but its breaking the story that you would wear that conspicuous outfit so long.

Now that we've gotten to spend some time with Gar, am I the only one getting a bit of a "Flash" (the movies one, not the tv show one) vibe from him? They both have that geeky fanboy affability going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's casual sex not a marriage proposal. Just because the motel woman is attracted to Dick doesn't mean the feeling is mutual. Is he expected to have sex with every woman who shows interest in him?

Dick hasn't seen anything of Kory to consider her a quarter-psycho. The only person he knows she's killed was a guy who kidnapped Rachel. And considering what he did to that hunter in the previous episode, Kory has more reason to view him as dangerous than he does of her.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    She was in the same motel that Dick was in WITH him. And he showered. Dick has been in and out of costume several times and we know he has changed. She was at the convent and she could have changed there when they said make yourself comfortable. All that time that passed from when she burned the mob guy or whatever wearing the same hooker outfit and fighting in it is ridiculous.

Its a bad production, writing decision imo. Not only is it ugly and tacky but its breaking the story that you would wear that conspicuous outfit so long.
    She wasn't staying at the convent and wasn't offered any new clothes while there. She was likely trying to avoid too many people seeing her while going to the US to find Rachel and a clothes store would have a pretty large amount of witnesses. Thus far, every time Kory has stopped in one place it was either to get something to eat for Rachel, lay low or it was connected to Rachel and Kory's memories.

And as for being conspicuous, what would you say of Kory's superhero costume that people are insisting she wear? At least a fur coat and a dress is something normal humans wear.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-12-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Honestly i don't mind Dick/Kory happening I just didn't need it this episode.

Im hoping the back half of the season picks up and is more coherent.

EDIT- I hope there is a flashback where Starfire is wonderfully sweet and naive so miss Diop can play a more classic Starfire. Starfire's depiction/arc is a double edge sword because she's the most interesting/confusing element of the show.

The budget and costuming did let her down.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-12-2018 at 12:27 PM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I gotta say, despite the cringy CGI I'm actually intrigued by this show. I think I'll stick with it. The episodes have been pretty solid so far.

People complaining because Kory hasn't been seen taking a shower (where no one else has been seen taking one except for Dick) or because casual sex is, well, casual... haha yeah, it felt a little rushed, but, hell, so far it's not because they're in love (or not yet I guess), it's because there was an opportunity and they took it, simple as that. That happens in real life too.

I really liked the fifth episode. It let me with that sensation of wanting to see more so I think that's a good signal.

Loved that scene between Rachel and Gar.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Considering how well Dick took seeing Kory, Rachael & Gar’s powers, would it be safe to assume that this probably isn’t his first time interacting with super-powered people before?
    I mean, he was Batman's sidekick, the guy that battles superpowered villains other than simple thugs so I guess he has a little experience on it. (Though he got scared when Gar transformed into a tiger lol)

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    People complaining because Kory hasn't been seen taking a shower (where no one else has been seen taking one except for Dick) or because casual sex is, well, casual... haha yeah, it felt a little rushed, but, hell, so far it's not because they're in love (or not yet I guess), it's because there was an opportunity and they took it, simple as that. That happens in real life too.

I really liked the fifth episode. It let me with that sensation of wanting to see more so I think that's a good signal.

I mean, he was Batman's sidekick, the guy that battles superpowered villains other than simple thugs so I guess he has a little experience on it. (Though he got scared when Gar transformed into a tiger lol)
    I’m talking about this universe specifically. We don’t actually know what kind of villains either of them fought so far.

Gotham has had a number of metahumans of varying sorts. But not someone that legit turned into (green) animals. I think Dick wasn't sure if Gar was still Gar, or if he had more animalistic impulses.

How often in real life are you running for your life with an amnesiac woman who can turn people to ashes in an instant? My problem with it is mainly that it's just not smart on several levels while Dick is trying to bring them together as a team. And also, again - the woman has amnesia! It's a little unsavory to sleep with a woman when she doesn't even know who she is. Maybe that's just me...

This sums up a lot of my feelings so far.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I really enjoyed the 5 episodes of Titans we've seen so far. Excellent series. I was a huge fan of the NTT Perez/Wolfman comic in the '80's. And, though this show is different from that comic - it's still interesting to see these characters "brought to life" to some extent.

The show is extremely dark & almost "gothic" in tone; dimly lit city streets, alley-ways, rainy overcast weather, etc. Very gloomy vibe to the whole show, which I'm sure is intentional.

Robin/Nightwing's character on the show is similar to his character in the comic from the stand-point that he was obviously trying (and succeeding) to get out from under the shadow of Batman & create his own identity, etc. However, unlike the comic he is obviously battling a lot of personal demons; his brutal killings of the criminals he fights (instead of merely incapacitating them) is not really something we've seen before re: a super-hero TV series - and is especially very unusual for a DC TV series.

I really like the Raven character; she is obviously tortured/torn (similar to the comic) and though is trying to be good, she's somewhat being overtaken by the evil in her. I wonder if they're going to go with her comic origin, i.e. that she's the daughter of a demon?! We'll see.

Re: Kory/Starfire, I wonder if she will ever go all-out alien at some point in the series & look more similar to the comic character (with her skin changing to a gold color), unless the scene when she fried that evil character in EP 03 is the most we'll see of her alien side?! We did see the flames & her eyes turn green, but that may have been the extent of the change. Side-note: very interesting re: the amnesia/espionage storyline surrounding her character in Europe.

Episode 04 (w/Doom Patrol) was great. Even though I have 0 familiarity with these DP characters, it was interesting to see Raven get "taken in" by them, and also to see the back-story re: each of them.

Also liked how Gar (Beast Boy) looked enough like the character in the comic to be recognizable. I.e., though he didn't have green skin when in "human" form, he had the green hair - and, when he is in the process of turning, he definitely looked like the Beast Boy from the comics re: the skin & eyes becoming green, etc. Also liked the white & red jacket he wore; obviously a homage to his outfit in the comics. It will be interesting to see whether he turns into animals other than a tiger, etc. as the series progresses.

EP05 was excellent - probably the best so far in the series. I like how Dick Grayson/Robin took the others under his wing & was trying to get them to use their powers in the warehouse, which made the fight sequence (not long after) with the psychotic "family" feel very organic - i.e., they were taking the training that Dick was trying to teach them & applying it to a real-life situation.

I don't have any issues with the intimate scene between Kory/Dick; they were lovers in the NTT series, so it makes sense that they would hook up on the show.

Also, I think some are nit-picking when talking about how long clothes have been worn by characters on the show; I never paid any attention or thought about this - until it was brought up here - LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post

This sums up a lot of my feelings so far.
    I agree with some of it, although overall I found many of the criticisms minor or matters of taste rather than quality. I think it's probably true that, at least at some point in the production process, they were going for a "binge" model, which makes the pacing of the show seem a little strange when seen week-to-week (but then again, it is a very strange story). And I definitely agree that they need to get rid of that crappy blue filter that makes some of the night scenes (and this show has a LOT of night scenes) almost unintelligible.