Page 40 of 118 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Who do I call to kill "all the Robins" after Dick?
    So will we get a guy who writes a program to keep voting to kill Jason this time?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Episode 7 was decent but not that interesting. The show is better at the one-off crossovers than the on-going plot.
    I agree about the crossovers. It's my hope that the Donna Troy guest spot will be the best yet and that she'll stick around and the great guest spots will converge with the too-slow main storyline and help propel it forward.

I really look forward to the show and I enjoy it a lot more than I'd expected it to, but the main plot really is slow especially considering the episodes are often short. They linger on the slightest thing and then they don't have much time to advance the plot. It's like the old joke complaining "the meal was terrible and the portions were too small." At least one of the episodes was an hour long and at least one of them was only 40 minutes long. I wonder what's behind that. It's not like they have too little story to tell; it's that they're telling it too slowly and in too short episodes, meaning there's hardly any story progression at all before we wait a week for the next installment.

That said the quality of the episodes has varied wildly. The 'special guest' episodes ("Hawk and Dove," "Doom Patrol," and "Jason Todd" have all been fantastic, IMO) so I have hope the show will improve as it goes along. I'm loving seeing such great live-action adaptations of characters I never thought I'd see in live action (in the episodes listed above especially) and I want it to last as long as possible, in hopes we'll get to see many more live-action comics characters and in hopes it will get better as it goes along.

It's already so much better than I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So will we get a guy who writes a program to keep voting to kill Jason this time?
    I thought that was a rumour.

Fantastic Member

How many episode for the season?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    How many episode for the season?
    According to the app, 11.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I've been enjoying the ride, the ending to episode seven was a real turning point for the show and possibly my viewership. I'm not sure I can keep watching after that.

Fantastic Member

I've been enjoying the series, but Dick telling Kori to burn the place just....

That was an opportunity for him to move past his brutality. To move past what Robin had become and say no.

Instead...he says to burn it down.

Real let down for the character imo.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post

That was an opportunity for him to move past his brutality. To move past what Robin had become and say no.

He’s not ready yet.

... so is DC Universe worth subscribing to, for the Titans show?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I thought that was a rumour.
    If you get the blu-ray for Under the Red Hood, there is a whole documentary about the death of Jason Todd where it's told explicitly that there was (and the details here may be wrong; it's been a while since I've seen it) a lawyer on the West Coast that devised a method of auto-dialing the phone number to kill Jason and did so hundreds of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    To me, it's not worth it yet. Titans is decent but i rather wait till the other shows come out first.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    No. No one show is worth subbing to a service. Wait for them to expand their offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post

I'm sure it will come to a head where he regrets that decision, but I would have thought he was going to stop then as well -- especially after seeing Jason in action. I guess the only difference was that Jason beat up women as well? We don't know that those guys weren't just regular security guards who had no idea what they were guarding inside. (Is there any chance Kory took it upon herself to evacuate the place after Dick left the building?)

I didn't have high hopes for this show, but it's still compelling enough for me to keep going with it. I do hope that the team gets to a place of camaraderie and get to be a little more light-hearted at some point. (though the way things are going it doesn't seem likely)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-27-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Very disappointing, our heroes are now mass murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    If you get the blu-ray for Under the Red Hood, there is a whole documentary about the death of Jason Todd where it's told explicitly that there was (and the details here may be wrong; it's been a while since I've seen it) a lawyer on the West Coast that devised a method of auto-dialing the phone number to kill Jason and did so hundreds of times.
    Everyone says this but it still hasn't been proven.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics