Page 41 of 118 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Very disappointing, our heroes are now mass murderers.
    Remember how Dick said no killing? Unless we are supposed to believe that they dragged all the people out of the building.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Doom Patrol now Donna Troy why do I keep liking the guest characters more than the main characters?
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 11-30-2018 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Remember how Dick said no killing? Unless we are supposed to believe that they dragged all the people out of the building.
    He told Kory not to kill the Nuclear Family because they were brainwashed and needed info from them. This does not apply to the doctors and guards who tortured them and with them out of the way, the Titans have less people coming after them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Doom Patrol now Donna Troy why do I keep liking the guest characters more than the main characters?
    Because the guests are all the finished articles we're familiar with. The main characters are still in progress and only vaguely familiar.

Tbh Dick is the only one i have a hard time liking. The other 3 are fine.

Dick is alright half the time tho.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-30-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Considering how this week’s episode ended, it just seems so strange to do a hawk and dawn origin now instead of earlier

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Considering how this week’s episode ended, it just seems so strange to do a hawk and dawn origin now instead of earlier
    I'm sure the timing is intentional. A way to drag out the tension of the final moment from this week. It really does feel like this was designed to be released as an entire season and binge watched, rather than going week to week, which occasionally leads to some odd timings.

I also assume that watching Dawn's transition into Dove will somehow reflect something of what's going on in Dick's head at the moment as he tries to find himself. An echo of a sort. We see Dick struggling with what it means to have been a vigilante, and how that has affected him. Now we'll see how Dawn made the choice to walk the same path. Perhaps to explore something about the choice that Dick will ultimately make moving forward.

I just wonder how long we're going to have to wait before somebody drops the Nightwing name. It's going to have to come from somewhere, inspire Dick in some way. A Hawk and Dove episode doesn't seem a likely place, but it feels like we'll need it soon if the story is going to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'm sure the timing is intentional. A way to drag out the tension of the final moment from this week. It really does feel like this was designed to be released as an entire season and binge watched, rather than going week to week, which occasionally leads to some odd timings.

I also assume that watching Dawn's transition into Dove will somehow reflect something of what's going on in Dick's head at the moment as he tries to find himself. An echo of a sort. We see Dick struggling with what it means to have been a vigilante, and how that has affected him. Now we'll see how Dawn made the choice to walk the same path. Perhaps to explore something about the choice that Dick will ultimately make moving forward.

I just wonder how long we're going to have to wait before somebody drops the Nightwing name. It's going to have to come from somewhere, inspire Dick in some way. A Hawk and Dove episode doesn't seem a likely place, but it feels like we'll need it soon if the story is going to move forward.
    Hopefully it comes from a flashback from his "uncle Clark" when he was younger and listening to stories of "other worldly" places.

Fantastic Member

Did anybody else think there was more chemistry between Dick and Donna than Dick and Kory?

Other things:

It never occurred to me that Kory may be a sleeper agent. I gotta say Tiger Boy's limitations are starting to really get on my nerves. I understand why he can only turn into a Tiger, but it feels wrong. I really like Donna and the actress who plays her. Also, I felt sorry for the bear.
    Last edited by Marvelman; 11-30-2018 at 05:09 PM.

"Donna Troy" was awesome. This series gets better and better.

Astonishing Member

They really need to do something with Beast boy now id like to see him start trying to use other animal types but I am sure its a cost thing. That CGI for Donna jumping over the truck "racing Dick"...…
    it was like she turned into a video game character for a sec so bad lol

Mighty Member

I watched the recent episode of Titans. I like the Dick/Donna scenes. Kory came to Earth to kill Raven. That definitely didn't happen in the comics. Kory came to Earth in the process of escaping from slavery. Raven advised the Titans to rescue Kory after she was captured.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Did anybody else think there was more chemistry between Dick and Donna than Dick and Kory?

Other things:

It never occurred to me that Kory may be a sleeper agent. I gotta say Tiger Boy's limitations are starting to really get on my nerves. I understand why he can only turn into a Tiger, but it feels wrong. I really like Donna and the actress who plays her. Also, I felt sorry for the bear.
    Donna chemistry with Dick is completely different from Kory. They clearly have a sibling dynamic. Donna being a big sister to Dick is great.

Also, I couldn't wrap my head around Dick needing to crash at her place. I understand he needs to find himself but what happened to Detroit? He lived and worked as a cop there for a year. Are we suppose to forget about that now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Donna chemistry with Dick is completely different from Kory. They clearly have a sibling dynamic. Donna being a big sister to Dick is great.

Also, I couldn't wrap my head around Dick needing to crash at her place. I understand he needs to find himself but what happened to Detroit? He lived and worked as a cop there for a year. Are we suppose to forget about that now?
    Not at all. Detroit is part of what he's running from by going to Donna. Remember, he says it in the episode. Being Robin doesn't work. But being just Dick Grayson doesn't either. He tried being good cop Dick Grayson, and all he did was fall back into the Robin trap. So he's running as much from the life he was building as Dick as he is from the violence and the anger of his life as Robin.

I'm just curious what kind of person is going to emerge once he finally becomes Nightwing. A lighter, friendlier Dick Grayson? Some kind of Robin-Dick hybrid that can leave the worst of both behind? The show has been quick to pile up all the negatives of the life he's lived, but it hasn't really given us any kind of idea of what a successful superhero personality might look like. Beyond "with the Titans" anyway.