Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Question...do y'all think it's possible this Titans series is set in the same verse as Gotham? They kinda have a similar vibe imo.

The trailers for the finale and how Gotham the city is portrayed also looks really similar.
    The trailer for the finale seems to rule it out.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The trailer for the finale seems to rule it out.
    How so? I didn't see anything the trailer that broke with Gotham. If anything the vibe of the city is what jumpstarted my thoughts on that matter.

How so? I didn't see anything the trailer that broke with Gotham. If anything the vibe of the city is what jumpstarted my thoughts on that matter.
    As a few folks have pointed out in this thread, it seems like the finale might no be completely on the level.

Never mind that the whole "Time" aspect of it kind of makes it impossible to say exactly where "Gotham" things are going.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

So I just watched the Titans season one finale and like many of the episodes....there are certain elements and things that worked for the series, so much of it, the story structure...it was just bad. They have something if they can maximize the positive aspects of it (and give me more Hawk & Dove) and just have a better plan for season two it could be great.

Wasn’t a bad first season, but it really felt like the showrunners are more interested in doing a Dick Grayson show than a Titans show.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Not how I expected it to end, but not bad. Interested to see how season 2 goes. Hopefully it’s structured better.

I want to be excited for Superboy and Krypto but Superboy murdering everyone and hanging brain at the end and how dark the show is ... all I can think of is they're going to do something nasty to the dog.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I want to be excited for Superboy and Krypto but Superboy murdering everyone and hanging brain at the end and how dark the show is ... all I can think of is they're going to do something nasty to the dog.
    More likely they'll have the dog do something nasty, like heat vision a baddie to death.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    So I just watched the Titans season one finale and like many of the episodes....there are certain elements and things that worked for the series, so much of it, the story structure...it was just bad. They have something if they can maximize the positive aspects of it (and give me more Hawk & Dove) and just have a better plan for season two it could be great.
    How was batman?

I felt like nothing happened this season. It appears they tried to use the Netflix model of an extremely slow build, emphasizing the journey to the big moments. The problem is that I don't feel like this season ended with a big moment. The finale (minus the post-credit scene) felt like the ending of a regular episode.

There's enough to this show that I'll continue to watch, but they really do need to evaluate the major flaw of this season. The best episodes did not focus on the main cast, and at the end of the first season of a series called Titans...I kind of expect to see Titans. Daredevil may have taken an entire season to put on the suit, but at least he did.

Felt more like a mid season finale. Not a bad episode, but so much was left up in the air. And god damn, give me Nightwing already.

Astonishing Member

I don't know....the finale to me seemed a waste. I wanted him to go back and deal with the problems he and Bruce had. It was the best part of Dick's character development to me the whole season when he would revisit the gotham roots.

But, it all seemed cheapened by being a Trigon manipulation. And did anything really happen? So Donna and Starfire are outside the bubble now. Trigon isn't being as pure evil and dangerous as you would expect for being the big bad. The manipulation mind games stuff seems weak to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Felt more like a mid season finale. Not a bad episode, but so much was left up in the air. And god damn, give me Nightwing already.
    Yeah, it was kinda okay I guess. Too much up in the air, like you say. And it was undercut badly by trotting through tired themes that have been driven so far into the ground they must be approaching China by now. Again with Batman and the Joker? Really? As soon as they started in on that I knew the episode was in trouble.

Not to mention that it also undercut some of the emotional heft in Dick’s backstory. If we go by what he said (granted it was an illusory world, so maybe we shouldn’t) Bruce isn’t a killer but is just cold and brutal? Well, so is Dick (who is a killer besides), so where does he get off being so d***ed pissy about Bruce?

Oh, and in the process he fully informed Trigon of Bruce’s identity and defenses. Which would make an interesting thread to follow up, should they decide to go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As a few folks have pointed out in this thread, it seems like the finale might no be completely on the level.

Never mind that the whole "Time" aspect of it kind of makes it impossible to say exactly where "Gotham" things are going.
    So...

It sounds like the Dick Grayson in the season finale was not exactly someone we can safely assume was a reliable narrator.

No telling how well it represented whatever "Titans" continuity Gotham amounts to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Where was a hanging brain was depicted in the Superboy scene?