Page 50 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If they don’t outright kill him, there’s always the chance they go the Arkham Knight route instead.
    I haven't played videogames in like a decade, mind telling us non-gamers how the Arkham Knight route differs from the Death in the Family/Red Hood route?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I haven't played videogames in like a decade, mind telling us non-gamers how the Arkham Knight route differs from the Death in the Family/Red Hood route?
    In Arkham Knight the Joker doesn't kill Jason. Instead the Joker makes Batman believe that he killed him and kept Jason in a abandoned Arkham facility where he tortured Jason for an entire year. He hold on believing that Bruce would eventually save him but when the Joker showed Jason that Batman replaced him with Tim he broke. When Jason was ready to tell the Joker everything he shots him and leaves him for dead. He survived his gunshot wound and traveled to South America once he recovered and got involved in some war conflicts there until he was ready to return to Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In Arkham Knight the Joker doesn't kill Jason. Instead the Joker makes Batman believe that he killed him and kept Jason in a abandoned Arkham facility where he tortured Jason for an entire year. He hold on believing that Bruce would eventually save him but when the Joker showed Jason that Batman replaced him with Tim he broke. When Jason was ready to tell the Joker everything he shots him and leaves him for dead. He survived his gunshot wound and traveled to South America once he recovered and got involved in some war conflicts there until he was ready to return to Gotham.
    Thanks for the info!

Sounds kind of like what I think The White Knight might be going for. Could work, and arguably makes sense because more people play videogames than read comics, but I still think he's more likely to become Red Hood rather than Arkham Knight whether they kill him or not.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Thanks for the info!

Sounds kind of like what I think The White Knight might be going for. Could work, and arguably makes sense because more people play videogames than read comics, but I still think he's more likely to become Red Hood rather than Arkham Knight whether they kill him or not.
    The show could use that game's origin to make him Red Hood instead of having to kill him. Jason still becomes the Red Hood but it happens after the events of the game.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Thanks for the info!

Oh, I never mean to suggest that he could become the Arkham Knight in the show. I just meant that he could be captured and tortured by the Joker for an extended period of time before returning as the Red Hood opposed to being killed and returning from the dead.

That deadshot eye on Deathstroke suggests that Slade still has both his eyes. I wonder if Rose lost her eye before her dad in this continuity. Anyway, I would bet my money that Dick is going to be the one who causes him to lose it. Whenever Deathstroke shows up in other media, they never do the story where his wife Adeline shoots him for not saving Joe. It’s always tied to whoever the protagonist is.
    Arrow: Oliver did it.
    Son of Batman: Damian did it.
    Beware the Batman: never saw it, but apparently it was in a fight with Bruce
    Smallville: Slade lost it while trying to kill Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Oh, I never mean to suggest that he could become the Arkham Knight in the show. I just meant that he could be captured and tortured by the Joker for an extended period of time before returning as the Red Hood opposed to being killed and returning from the dead.
    Oh then yeah, that could definitely work.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Can't forget; at the end of Arkham Knight, Jason basically turns into Red Hood and saves Bruce from the Scarecrow.

The whole videos are on youtube if people want to learn more about this.

Astonishing Member

I'm not a big fan of this show especially its first episodes which were...rough but I felt it got progressively better in its later episodes but I do think the new trailer looks like an improvement. I like the overall vibe this one seems to be giving off based on the teaser which is a bit more fun than the dour tone of the previous season. Based on that, I'm pretty stoked for this but I don't know about the person playing Bruce; he feels a bit miscast since I feel he'd make for a far better Alfred than Wayne but I realize this is supposed to an older, more seasoned version more in the vein of the Bruce we see in Batman Beyond or even TDKR than the regular prime Bats.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I'm not a big fan of this show especially its first episodes which were...rough but I felt it got progressively better in its later episodes but I do think the new trailer looks like an improvement. I like the overall vibe this one seems to be giving off based on the teaser which is a bit more fun than the dour tone of the previous season. Based on that, I'm pretty stoked for this but I don't know about the person playing Bruce; he feels a bit miscast since I feel he'd make for a far better Alfred than Wayne but I realize this is supposed to an older, more seasoned version more in the vein of the Bruce we see in Batman Beyond or even TDKR than the regular prime Bats.
    I thought Jorah from GOT was Alfred... that's not good casting for Bruce. Could work I just finished season 1 forced myself too and ima give season 2 a try because Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I thought Jorah from GOT was Alfred... that's not good casting for Bruce. Could work I just finished season 1 forced myself too and ima give season 2 a try because Deathstroke.
    If it is how it looks(Dick training Jason...), a Bruce that seems less active as Batman could make sense. At the very least, it would fit into Dick being where he is in his life at the point where we pick up. It's not like we see a Bruce Wayne that feels like he is under forty.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If it is how it looks(Dick training Jason...), a Bruce that seems less active as Batman could make sense. At the very least, it would fit into Dick being where he is in his life at the point where we pick up. It's not like we see a Bruce Wayne that feels like he is under forty.
    It's not just the fact that hes old. It's just his overall look. Anyway I doubt hes in the show much. Jason beating up the cops was imo the best action scene that show had. So even if the actor is annoying I'm excited for more of the character.

So is batman retiring and Dick is gonna be Batman? Cause looked like from the trailer he just has a all black version of the Bat suit. Hope we get deathstroke The actor who plays dick is one of a couple who I find any good. Hawk and Dove are both solid actors. Beast boy honestly is the only one I really hate the rest are fine I guess. But I really do like this kid as dick wish WBs would swallow this show into they're app and up the budget when they launch.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-28-2019 at 12:22 AM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I am looking forward to the show. Hoping they have learned from the mistakes of the first season and hoping for a tighter, better planned narrative. Deathstroke looks great (in costume anyway) and I am always always up for more Hawk & Dove, hell, they need a spinoff. I might be the only one who thinks so, and thats OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    So I take it Deathstroke was an old nemesis of the original Titans and comes out of retirement when it seems like they've made a comeback.