Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

According to Fall TV, Titans is the second most anticipated show of September 2019

https://showsnob.com/2019/09/02/7-mo...eptember-2019/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    According to Fall TV, Titans is the second most anticipated show of September 2019

https://showsnob.com/2019/09/02/7-mo...eptember-2019/
    How did they determine that? Is it just the writers most anticipated shows? Cause honestly didnt think the show was that popular or a "Instant hit with DC fans". I persoanly liked the show more as it went on and I'm gonna give season 2 a chance but I don't know a single other person IRL who's seen the show. And yea by like the show I mean I Liked dick,Hawk, and dove..

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    How did they determine that? Is it just the writers most anticipated shows? Cause honestly didnt think the show was that popular or a "Instant hit with DC fans". I persoanly liked the show more as it went on and I'm gonna give season 2 a chance but I don't know a single other person IRL who's seen the show. And yea by like the show I mean I Liked dick,Hawk, and dove..
    It got consistently good reviews and was a ratings hit on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It got consistently good reviews and was a ratings hit on Netflix.
    What is it on Netflix everywhere but America? That woulda helped it alot here rather than being on a App most people dont even know exists. Reviews are fine i guess but a RT score of 80 and I belive the audience one is lower puts it below 90% of Comic based TV shows. I mean you got to be Ironfist or the Inhumans for a TV show to get shitted on. Anyway doesnt matter was just curious what the criteria was for that list. Because atleast in America that show isnt reaching that many people but somehow it's more anticipated then The Good place, This is us, Grays anatomy or Dancing with the stars. Seems suspect unless the list was just the writers most anticipated shows of September Inwhich case cool.

Mighty Member

Not going to lie, this was kind of weak start to the season in some ways. And a brilliant start to the season in others.

It definitely felt like the first half was the episode that we lost from season 1. The wrap up was awfully sudden, and didn't feel as earned as they clearly wanted it to be. And it looks like they maybe reshot some of it? (Rachel's hair changes during the sequence, and it matches the new material from the end of the episode.) But it puts the tone of the first season into an interesting context that lets them pivot to something very different if they want to, tonally.

That said, the new stuff in the last fifteen minutes was all gold, except for Iain Glenn's voice. I'm too used to him from GoT, and hearing him without the hint of accent really bugged me. I'll get used to it. Personal, weird gripe aside, it feels like this show is headed off in a wildly different direction while also honoring what came in the first season. I'll be curious to see where they go from here.

Also, *that* suit looked awesome. The helmet needs work, but otherwise I think I like it better than the Arrow version.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Rachel's hair colour change after she banished/defeated Trigon, unless you mean her hair kept changing colour which would imply reshoots and a poor edit but I don't remember seeing that.

Definitely agree that this episode was weird. I remember immediately after watching the last episode of the previous season that it didn't feel complete. And this episode immediately kicks off from that moment. Granted this in itself is not bad and some shows have done this before (like The Handmaid's Tale), but here it just felt awkward, and the subsequent resolution felt even the more rushed because of it. Trigon was built up to be this ultimate threat and yet he was easily defeated within 30 minutes of the first episode. Just tossed aside to bring on a new villain (who I should add, had the most fan service-y introduction ever). It's even weirder when you consider how this season has been marketed, because the trailer for season 2 made absolutely connection to the previous season even though it ended on a cliffhanger. Aside from the writing issues I generally have with Titans, I'm beginning to also think a major problem is how the show itself is structured. Like, why on Earth wasn't this the previous season's finale, and why does this show take on a weekly format when the story does not benefit from the wait the same way Doom Patrol did?

Minor issues include the CGI being a mixed bag, the Robin v Robin fight being confusingly shot and edited (there were a couple of times I couldn't tell which Robin was which), and the colour grading looking awful still. I will say that I like the guy playing Jason Todd. While I don't think he looks the part, he brings great energy to every scene he's in. I overall like his character as well as Donna, Hank and Dawn.

Also have to agree on Iain Glen as Bruce Wayne. Seriously bad casting, because he looks way too much like Alfred (that shot reveal of him would have any casual think he was Alfred) and his American accent was not good. If they wanted to go for an older Bruce (which still feels odd considering how young Dick Grayson looks and how young Jason Todd is), they could have at least gone for someone whose looks wouldn't be confusing. Esai Morales, who plays Slade Wilson/Deathstroke looks like a much better cast than Glen (and they're about the same age).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rachel's hair colour change after she banished/defeated Trigon, unless you mean her hair kept changing colour which would imply reshoots and a poor edit but I don't remember seeing that.
    Yes, the length and style change. From the straight and chin length of S1, to the slightly longer and just a tad curled S2 look. I'm honestly not sure the changes violate any internal consistency, as in switching back and forth, but it took me out of the moment a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Also have to agree on Iain Glen as Bruce Wayne. Seriously bad casting, because he looks way too much like Alfred (that shot reveal of him would have any casual think he was Alfred) and his American accent was not good. If they wanted to go for an older Bruce (which still feels odd considering how young Dick Grayson looks and how young Jason Todd is), they could have at least gone for someone whose looks wouldn't be confusing. Esai Morales, who plays Slade Wilson/Deathstroke looks like a much better cast than Glen (and they're about the same age).
    For the record, I don't agree at all that Glen is poorly cast. I actually think it's an inspired choice. He's old enough to have gravitas, but young enough to still be believable as a warrior. Especially considering him being past his prime is more or less a plot element looming in the shadows any time you're focusing on the next generation of heroes. And I don't think his age makes him more or less likely to be confused with Alfred. Just his voice bothered me, and that was purely due to my familiarity with him from his previous work. I'm actually really impressed they went in the direction they did, though I doubt we'll be seeing him in the bat suit any time soon. And that's ok, the meat of the relationship now should be between Dick and Bruce, not Batman and ex-Robin.

Ok season finale/opener. Trigon went down easy, and Bruce was a bad cast, but Slade looked good. Shame there was no ep 2 teaser.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    For the record, I don't agree at all that Glen is poorly cast. I actually think it's an inspired choice. He's old enough to have gravitas, but young enough to still be believable as a warrior. Especially considering him being past his prime is more or less a plot element looming in the shadows any time you're focusing on the next generation of heroes. And I don't think his age makes him more or less likely to be confused with Alfred. Just his voice bothered me, and that was purely due to my familiarity with him from his previous work. I'm actually really impressed they went in the direction they did, though I doubt we'll be seeing him in the bat suit any time soon. And that's ok, the meat of the relationship now should be between Dick and Bruce, not Batman and ex-Robin.
    I know I'm mentioning his age a lot, but it's really just his look (which obviously comes partially from his age). I'm not saying Bruce Wayne should all spring chicken, youthful dashing good looks. Obviously this is not origin Batman. This is a Batman that's between 15-20 years in the game. He should look weathered. But come on, Iain Glen looks way too much like Alfred for me to take him seriously as Bruce. I actually agree with you that bringing in a bit of his Jorah Mormont performance here works to sell him a little bit as someone who is both wise and a warrior. I agree that helps him feel a little bit like an older Bruce. But visually it doesn't help that he matches Alfred's iconography: the older, much more weathered, posh British man with a bald patch. The only thing missing is a moustache and a "Master Wayne" coming right out of his mouth. And I could hear his accent slipping every time he spoke. Which is why I say he is poor casting, because he looks the part of someone else and doesn't readily sell the character he's meant to be playing either.

Not surprised to see so many saying Glen looks more like Alfred than Bruce Wayne. I had the exact same thought and I couldn't stop thinking it.

I had such high hopes for this season. Hopefully it will get better.

I really like a lot of the cast. As it was with the first season the biggest problem with this season premiere was the writing, which is disappointing given that Geoff Johns co-wrote it. I think he's a wonderful comic book writer.

Ian Glenn at first did take me out of it. Once I stopped thinking of him as Jorah and uttering "Khaleesi" every other word, he wasn't bad. The accent slipping did happen, but it didn't bother me much. Curious as to whom they'll cast as Alfred.

Slade, he didn't say much, but a dead ringer for the guy.

And Dick taking the younger ones to Titans Tower. No Kory, yet at least. But overall, a very different second half to the first. And foretelling of Jason becoming Red Hood in the future? Anyway, still kind of weirded out with the Raven/BB thing. As the actress playing Rachel is 14 or so now, and the guy playing Gar is 20-21. So, yeah. Quite the age discrepancy there.

But loved Jason's banter with Hank Hall. That was pretty good. And for the ending, its good to see Jason as an actual part of the Titans. Something rarely acknowledged pre-Flashpoint after he died (brief as it was). So him being a key member of the NTT from the beginning is a cool start. Kind of eager to see where this season goes.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I expected more from the Titans in the Trigon fight. I could see why Hawk, Dove, and Jason weren't used more. They were barely relevant to anything. But I at least wanted to see Starfire do something. And then Trigon went down far too easily. Why were Hawk, Dove, and Jason even there? They were worthless. They could have been omitted until after the Trigon fight.

I don't understand confusing Dick and Jason. They're easy for me to tell apart.

I don't have a problem with Bruce's casting.

Lastly, the pacing of the entire episode seemed horrible, like everything is in sloooow moootion. I swear this should have been a 20-minute episode that somehow got stretched.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

I'm sorry Ian glen would have been a better Alfred. I flat out didn't like that entire scene cause of that. Glad Garth started doing more than the tiger that's cool. But, him getting beat down and not changing was weird. I mean anything try it? Its like they allow him to get wailed on cause they already spent the money on the snake scene cant do another one.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This premier felt like a season finale. Seriously, this episode should have ended the last season. Everything about this felt like an end. This is not how you kickoff a new season.

Agreed about Ian Glen. I thought he was Alfred when I first saw him. A balding old Bruce looks so odd to me.

Was the black guy with Slade suppose to be Wintergreen?